PS Game Support Level

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

PS Game Support Level

Post by uboy »

Hi Guys,

Sometimes u may think this as a stupid question... [-X
But......can I know in what support level (Casual/Racer/King) all u do gaming prostreet.. :wink:
Many ppl talk about their experiences, issues, and many throuhgout the forum....but in what level..????
Coz' as far as I know, game conditions differ from level to level.
Any suggestions, clarifications..?

Regards... :)
--- uboy ---
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Re: PS Game Support Level

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

i always use king because that's what I'm used to in racing games, no assists.
kernalbean
Ricer
Ricer

Post by kernalbean »

same as koenigsegg. although i sometimes switch to racer or casual (if i have to) with certain cars on grip mainly, just to keep them on the track. i know the zo6 vette is a toughy, a lot of power and not much strength in steering so its a downer for me
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

Koenigsegg_Rox wrote:i always use king because that's what I'm used to in racing games, no assists.
For some information...is there any huge difference between these levels... :?:
coz' I've never tried different levels, but stuck to RAcer...
--- uboy ---
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

ok, this is the basic explanation of each type...

Casual-As the name says, this mode is for casual gamers. This assist level does most of the braking for you, and then assists you in turning. That means that all you have to do is sometimes lets off the gas and steer your car in the right direction. Unfortunately, the assists make you drive very carefully, and don't really let you exploit the full power and potential of your car.

Racer-The next step up, this mode only assists you in braking. You yourself have to handle the turns and such. Again, the assists brake early, putting caution before speed. Therefore again you don't really get the best possible lap time.

King-The final (and in my opinion the best) assist level, King allows you to take full control of your car, giving you the power to take shortcuts on the grass, brake a bit later, and most importantly, use the racing line to your advantage. If perfected, this mode can give you the best times, and you have a lot more fun doing it. I have always used this mode, and has so far worked for me.

A brief explanation of these should have been provided at the start of Career, when picking the assist level.'

If there's any more questions, just ask.
oh snap
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

Thanx for the explanation Striker... =D>
Gonna experience King...to have the best racing experience... :o

Is there any known difficulties in this assist level (on PC), specially in NEVADA, one of most difficult tracks....or any special techniques... :?:
--- uboy ---
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

ok, here's a few tips for speed challenge. Brakes are a complete waste of money, time and most importantly, weight.

In speed challenge all the controls except acceleration are dulled and slowed down. Therefore, the turns need to be made accurately. However, on most tracks, the roads are quite wide, and provide a margin for error.

Unless you are an EXTREME pro, on Nevada, NEVER attempt to hold down the accelerator the whole race. Against AI, just try to hold the straights. The stock brakes are sufficient, because you never use them. Just make sure that before a turn, let go of the accelerator, as this gives you more response and steering time. Otherwise, 300km/h+solid rock= :shock:

A car that most people suggest is a R34 as it is cheap, and can still keep up with the super cars...
I personally use a LP640, but I won all my other races with a R34 :)
oh snap
uboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by uboy »

Thanx mate...
BTW can ya plz give me ur R34 setup...so I can have some idea to tune my R34 as well..
(I dont use cheats & with PC 1.0... [-X )

Regards..
--- uboy ---

Return to “Help & Support”