NFS PROSTREET HELP!!!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed ProStreet.
Be sure to search first!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS PROSTREET HELP!!!

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Okay, I bought Prostreet over the weekend and jumped straight home to give it a spin. The CD doesn't have any scratches or anything - it was completely new, still in the wrapping. Anyway, I put the CD in once logged in and nothing happened for several minutes so I ejected and put the CD back in and it still didn't work. After a few goes though I logged off and shut down and restarted the computer. Once logged back on it worked and the installer came up. After successfully installing the game I then played it until I had to go out. Once I came back home I started up the computer to start playing again, but on startup it stopped on the CD/DVD ROM DRIVE thingo so I ejected and it continued. I then logged on and played the game successfully once again. The next day however (today), I go to play it, I encounter the same problem on startup and eject the CD so it continues to start up from where I log in once again and attempt to play it by re-inserting the disk. Alas, the same thing happened as when I first got the game. It seems as though it does not read the CD 1/2 the time because I run the shortcut to start the game manually and it sits there for a minute or 2 and then says that I do not have the disk inserted. Also, when I go to my computer I click on the CD drive and it freezes (btw it does not show that prostreet is in the drive it looks as if there was nothing in the drive) I put the CD into my MAC and it picks the game up fine, but I can't run the game on my mac. If it is relevant I have got installed NFS C, UG2 and MW and my PC's specs are - AMD ATHLON 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+ (2.0 Ghz), 1024MB ram (1 GB) and a 8400GS graphics card (Nvidia)
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS PROSTREET HELP!!!

Post by jeffareid »

If you also installed Undercover note that repeating a mistake EA made before, they gave both games the same name, in this case NFS.EXE (last time was Underground and Most Wanted, both called SPEED.EXE). You can reinstall ProStreet and this should solve the auto-play issue with ProStreet. Undercover doesn't use the dvd-rom, so you can just use start programs ... to play Undercover.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

1. I don't have Undercover installed so that isn't relevant
2. The problem reading the CD occurred even before I installed the game.

but nevertheless thanks for the help :wink:
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Propably a problem with the DVD-drive itself. Do you have problems with other DVDs?

A new one won't cost much though...
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Yeah that was my first thought but then again every other one of my disks work fine, I just couldn't see how it could be a software problem though becuase the disk is brand new and in perfect condition.

Return to “Help & Support”