NFS PS: Make all cars (189) available

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
michaelz
Stock
Stock

Re: NFS PS: Make all cars (189) available

Post by michaelz »

not much happens. just the commentator praises you for being a uber driver, you get awarded ryo's pink slip and his team mates all abandon him. the cut scene then just shows all 5 king's cars lined up and how they are now all yours etc etc. then it says 100% completion.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

@ twjr: You might want to run the game in the game's safe mode to fix your problem with not being able to beat Ryo. I don't know exactly how to do that, but you should be able to just by adding a command line parameter to the shortcut or something. I think you just have to add "/s" (without the quotation marks, and after the existing quotation marks) to get it to work. If this doesn't do anything, try renaming the "movie" file or whatever.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Or try re-installing. If that doesn't work then it's probably because of the savegame :(
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
twjr
Stock
Stock

Post by twjr »

Well looks like I am screwed then. Tried reinstalling and removing the movies. I am not exactly sure how to start in safe mode so haven't tried that. I think I will try removing all registry and then reinstalling and if it doesn't work well looks like I wont be finishing the game.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

twjr wrote:Well looks like I am screwed then. Tried reinstalling and removing the movies. I am not exactly sure how to start in safe mode so haven't tried that. I think I will try removing all registry and then reinstalling and if it doesn't work well looks like I wont be finishing the game.
Like I said, to start it in safe mode, right-click on a shortcut for the game, click Properties, click Shortcut, then in the Target box, add to the VERY end, "/s" without the quotation marks. It should start in Safe Mode, I think.

By the way, I tried the "majin" codes after patching my game, and they don't work. Apparently it's another version of SAAM's tool that makes that work. BTW, thanks SAAM, for making the tool for patch 1.1 codes.
SpiderXman
Stock
Stock

Post by SpiderXman »

hi guys, i'm new here.. be4 i ask question... thx for saam for creating the tools and the pre-tuned cars i can successfully use it.. and yet.. problem occurs... 1st.. i cant unlock those cars in booster pack like CCX, GT3 and etc.. i do over and over again many times bout it by reinstall it, patch it, and apply saam's patch.. but it still not working.. still showing 173 cars only.. thus... when i go in to car lot or maybe garage.. the game crash again and again.. so.. do any1 can help to solve in this matter? thx for help in advance..
SpiderXman
Stock
Stock

Post by SpiderXman »

and ya... i hav all those pre tuned car but my pagani zonda was gone.. any solution? thx in advance..
Bo_NFSPS
Stock
Stock

Post by Bo_NFSPS »

Hello, first post here. I am ready to finally stepup to getting the NFS-PS bonus car tool, but since I'm a little confused by some postings in this thread, I would like someone to confirm the proper sequence of steps so I won't have problems like SpiderXMan and some others have posted.

I have the US DVD version 1.0 installed, and have played part way through Career (I am using Career slots #1, #2, and #3), and I've enjoyed playing online even getting my @ss handed to me by players using the new Extended / bonus pack cars. I have used "collectorsed&", "unlockallthings" and all/most the other codes that worked in v1.0. I have disabled Auto-Save Game (it corrupted up my career mode twice early on). I prefer to use my G25 wheel+pedals, but have MS USB FFB2 joystick available if needed (I read EA's v1.1 patch badly affects analog controller steering).

Please confirm (or correct me) that this sequence should work:
1) Make renamed backups of nfs.exe (v1.0), cars_vault.bin (v1.0), and my current savegame(s);
2) Download and install EA's newest v1.1 ProStreet patch for US DVD, then play PS for a little while;
3) Make renamed backups of nfs.exe (v1.1), cars_vault.bin (v1.1?), and current savegame(s);
4) Download SAAM's current NFSPSv1.1 tool from http://www.saam007.com/pages/nfsps.php
5) Disconnect from internet/EA, then install SAAM's NFSPS tool, and enter SAAM's 4 new codes to unlock 5 Collector cars, 7 BonusPack 1 cars, and 7 BonusPack2 cars;
6) Re-connect to internet/ EA, and play ProStreet for a while (do I need lots of in-game money to buy new Bonus cars?);
7) Make renamed backups of nfs.exe (SAAM's modified v1.1), cars_vault.bin (v1.1? or will it be SAAM's modified v1.1?), and current savegame(s).

I proposed renamed file backups be made at (1), (3) and (7) in case game later crashes, or in case EA comes out with a future patch (to fix for example the analog controller problem).

For now I probably won't install SAAM's tool to Unlock All Pre-Tuned cars & add Money Trainer, nor his 100% Career tool, because I'd like to attempt to finish Career mode with no aids (except occasional cash infusions via "SAAM-UNL" replacement for old "unlockallthings") to buy cars and upgrades.

Thanks in advance for feedback/ corrections/ suggestions to my proposed sequence. :D
Last edited by Bo_NFSPS on 26 Mar 2008, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P5N32-E SLI, 1xAsus EN8800GT, 4x1GB DDR2, G25, dual-boot Win7 Pro x64 & PCLinuxOS
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

am i right on what i will be doing?

1.I will copy,paste Nfs.exe
2.Download Patch
3.Patch the copied one
4.Play

Is it like that?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Not exactly:

1. Patch your game (make savegame backup first)
2. Download and run Saam's patch
3. Run game

...if I understand you correctly.
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

Albtraum wrote:
Veyron888 wrote:
SAAM wrote:...
then you run it to patch your exe file (don't forget to backup it first) and you will have 4 new codes (replacing 4 old ones)
do you still neeed to backup?
:roll:

i prefer to run the patch on a copy of nfs.exe and keep my nfs.exe original :wink:
if i need to buy cars or level4 parts i run the patched copy
you mean i shall copy paste nfs .exe 1.1 to another folder
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

888Veyron wrote:you mean i shall copy paste nfs .exe 1.1 to another folder
I think he means that you copy 1.1 nfs.exe into another folder, and use it for getting level 4 parts etc. So you use the normal nfs.exe.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Actually, I think he means that both EXEs are 1.1, but one has Saam's patch and he runs the one with Saam's patch when he wants more money or something. Not sure, though.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Yeah that would probably be right as the savegames wouldn't work etc.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

powerof1000 wrote:Yeah that would probably be right as the savegames wouldn't work etc.
ok so what im doing is safe? will this conflict w/ punkbuster?
Patch the copied nfs.exe then run game enter codes then buy what you want then save game.Run unpatched nfs.exe then load savegame play w/ bp cars
and does the career money editor of SAAM conflict w/ punkbuster?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

SAAM's tools won't conflict PunkBuster, AFAIK, but I'm pretty sure that running 1.0 with 1.1 savegames will not work. You'd better make a backup before you patch the game (if you haven't already done so; if you have patched without backing up the saves, there's no going back. :o)
888Veyron
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 888Veyron »

can you use the pre tuned cars online?
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Yes, as always.

Also, I've been having a strange problem. Whether I've hexedited in the RWD Evo X or acquired it through the SAAM patch for AI cars in the carlot, it won't let me customize it once it's reached my garage (beyond performance mods). I don't know how to fix this; it crashes when I try to hit "Update Blueprint".
ronin_escada
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ronin_escada »

THIS IS SO COOL. THANK YOU GUYS!!

The Superleggera and DBR9 are so sick.
MrStalker
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrStalker »

This is the best thread ever. Thanks guys.
Kriss
Stock
Stock

Post by Kriss »

Hello!

My nfs pro street doesn't start anymore..it just crashes after i start it.Im not sure if its after the patch or the unlock patch.So if i just could get my pro street working again.

Thanks
ps.im using windows vista. and a crack
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

The "and a crack" part is worrying; if you mean you don't actually have the legal CD, there's your problem right there.

Reinstall the game and the patch, run the game to make sure it works (if not, it's the EA patch that's causing the problem), backup the nfs.exe that is usually under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed ProStreet. After that, install the patch and try it again.
gigiosantos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gigiosantos »

HELP ME! I installed the patch and make the backup but none of them work!How i fix it? Fast!
gigiosantos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gigiosantos »

And i cant reinstall the game
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Uh, for one, you could have edited your first post with that information.

Also, uninsall the game and try going into start -> run -> regedit and find all of the Software \ Electronic Arts folders. Within each there should be a Need for Speed ProStreet folder, delete it. Then go to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\ and delete the folder "Need for Speed ProStreet". Then try reinstalling. You're using the DVD version and not the digital download version, right?

Return to “Editing”