NFS ProStreet No Damage or Totaled MOD

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS ProStreet No Damage or Totaled MOD

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a couple of patches (2 in the zip file) to quickly turn the NFSPS damage engine on/off.

UPDATE: I've attached a second Mod to a post below which leaves visual damage on but prevents vehicles from being totaled.
Attachments
NFSPS_DAMAGE_MOD.ZIP
NFSPS Damage MOD
(72.72 KiB) Downloaded 2332 times
Last edited by Bytesss on 30 Jan 2008, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS ProStreet Damage MOD

Post by powerof1000 »

Thanks for these :D. The patches are global, meaning that the AI don't get totaled/damage either. What would be good next, I think, is a patch that enables visual damage, but doesn't let you get totalled etc. Because it's fun smashing up a car :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

A trainer that can feeze the damage level value in real time would work for that.
Here's another patch I put together that's fun to experiment with. It disables the in-game reset so you can drive out-of-bounds. The only problem with this one is you have to restart if you flip over with damage turned off. Test out the different versions of each track to see which one has the least barriers. Some of the barriers are one-way and many tracks are endlessly looped.
Attachments
NFSPS_RESET_MOD.ZIP
NFSPS NO RESET MOD
(72.93 KiB) Downloaded 659 times
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Thanks a million for that one :D Going through the Tokyo Dockyards is really fun, although there's only one group of yellow/black barriers (the only ones you can bust through), so I was wondering, is it possible to enable cars to pass through the orange barriers just like the yellow ones?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Probably stupid question, but you can't drive into the Water can you? :P
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

What water? :?
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

In the Tokyo Dockyards :mrgreen:
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Oh that :D. No you can't drive in/on that.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS ProStreet No Damage or Totaled MOD

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a different damage MOD that leaves visual damage on but prevents vehicles from being totaled.
Attachments
NFSPS_NEVER_TOTALED.zip
NFSPS Never Totaled
(72.87 KiB) Downloaded 2407 times
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Thanks again, those are exactly what I wanted :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Yep, much better with visual damage still on. Although it doesn't take long until you're driving a shell sometimes.
I know a lot of people have been asking for tutorials on the globalmemoryfile and alot of this work is simply too difficult for me to explain. There are a few things that are very easy to do though (ascii editing), do you know how to swap car bodies in the globalmemoryfile.bin?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

This is ridiculous. People back then complained EA had done a terrible idea by removing damage from NFS games. Now that they have, people hated the feature.

Sometimes I really wonder what these people are really 'looking' for in NFS. :roll:
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

These Mods allow the player to quickly turn these features ON or OFF. The ability to do so should have been enabled. Throughout the code there are references to "enable damage" and "disable damage". Also, the damage engine is great but the fact that your car can get totaled by a slow roll-over is a pain since you have to restart.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Andre_online wrote:This is ridiculous. People back then complained EA had done a terrible idea by removing damage from NFS games. Now that they have, people hated the feature.

Sometimes I really wonder what these people are really 'looking' for in NFS. :roll:
Agree x 10

Don't know what is the real thing there. Anyways it's a good mod for those kind of players... :roll:

Xturbo.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Bytesss wrote:Yep, much better with visual damage still on. Although it doesn't take long until you're driving a shell sometimes.
I know a lot of people have been asking for tutorials on the globalmemoryfile and alot of this work is simply too difficult for me to explain. There are a few things that are very easy to do though (ASCII editing), do you know how to swap car bodies in the globalmemoryfile.bin?
Well.... no I don't know how to swap car bodies :|. I do remember the "VLT Edit" program that Arushan made for Most Wanted, that was great because we could see what was actually editable in the globalmemoryfile file. So, yeah, I don't really know anything about editing the file :?. Help would be appreciated for the simple stuff, if you don't mind :D.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

It's a great trick and it works in MW and Carbon too. Lately I've been using it to use other bodies on the Veyron since the Veyron handles so well after patching. You can even drop the Veyron on a drag chassis and race it. I'll start another topic on it asap.

powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

That'd be awesome as I'd love to put a Zonda on a Veyron's chassis, I always found the Zonda too twitchy for speed challenges, it should stick to grip racing :wink:
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Bytesss wrote:These Mods allow the player to quickly turn these features ON or OFF. The ability to do so should have been enabled. Throughout the code there are references to "enable damage" and "disable damage". Also, the damage engine is great but the fact that your car can get totaled by a slow roll-over is a pain since you have to restart.
Get real. If the game's developed that way, let it be it. Sometimes the tougher the situation gets the stronger you'll become. In this case, practise avoiding crashes in ProStreet.

Last time I checked, when I played Carbon and I kept crashing in Canyons, that made me want to practise more and to make sure I don't make the same mistakes again.

Don't get me wrong. I love your mods; they seem to be of great advantage for the PC players. But downloading this damage mod totally defeats the purpose of getting ProStreet in the first place.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

^ The mods are for people like me who have finished the game, were a bit disappointed with it, and want to play around with it a bit.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre

Return to “Editing”