NFS ProStreet Gravity & CAM MODs

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS ProStreet Gravity & CAM MODs

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a Mod that'll improve handling on all cars in NFSPS (will also work with MW & Carbon) by increasing the global world gravity. There are two patches, one doubles the gravity and the other triples it. Some cars don't like 3x gravity so use 2x on them. Included is a "undo" patch to quickly reverse the Mod.
I can't upload attachments here today so I dumped it on a public FTP.

ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFSPS_GRAVITY_MOD.ZIP

EDIT: Added a CAM MOD that changes the bumper cam to an outside cam with 360 degree view. This one's not really for racing, more for viewing your car. I'll post another cam mod that changes the far cam instead which has more height and less lag time (still does 360 views) asap. For those of you that want to know how to hexedit the GlobalMemoryFile.bin this is a great place to start. The hard part was finding the location of the camera values which is already done. Run the patch, do a file compare and you'll be in the camera data area. Most of the values are float32, larger values are FOV and speed differentials. The values do height, angle, lag, X Y Z etc. You have to experiment, that's all I'm doing.

ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFS_CAM_MOD1.ZIP
Last edited by Bytesss on 10 Feb 2008, 21:02, edited 2 times in total.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFS ProStreet Gravity MOD

Post by Albtraum »

Nice. Could you do that with lower gravity too, like moon gravity?
That would be funny :)
anak_takengon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by anak_takengon »

Wow,,amazing
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Just out of curiosity, what's the default gravity in the game set to?
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

The default gravity value for passenger vechicles in MW, Carbon and Prostreet is -9.8128 (Float32 which is 3B011DC1 hex). There are 8 locations, some are for player cars and others for AI/police. The mods I posted change all values evenly. If you do a hex search in GlobalMemoryFile.bin for 3B011DC1 you'll find the 8 offset locations. The lower (more negative) the value the more gravity and vice versa. So if you change all 8 values to 00000000 you'll have no gravity. Using Most Wanted or Carbon as a testbed you can change a few at a time and you'll figure out which ones do what. You can change the police vehicle gravity in MW or Carbon so the cops don't have any traction and can't chase you or the AI vehicle gravity so they can't keep up. If you raise your vehicle's gravity value a bit in MW or Carbon you can do short wheelies.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

The Value of 9,81m/s² looks like real Earth Gravity.
So if i got this correct, if i change 3B011DC1h (-9,81) to D7A3D0BFh (-1,63) i would get Moon Gravity?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS ProStreet Gravity & CAM MODs

Post by prince1142003 »

Stupid question, but how to convert the decimal gravity values to hex?
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Use the base converter within the hexeditor that you're using, it's usually under the tools menu. Set it to "intel" and "float32".
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Camera mod is awesome 8) Keep up the good work :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a trainer that'll allow you to trigger and drive with the CinemaCam. See the .txt file for more info. Since it's a trainer some virus scanners will misinterpret it as a virus but it's clean.

ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFSPS_CinemaCam_Trainer.zip
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Thanks, this will be great for my videos :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

deleted
Last edited by Bytesss on 22 Mar 2008, 03:58, edited 1 time in total.
FnF
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by FnF »

When I try to download the file, internet asks me for a username+Password, how can I view the site and download the file :|
Cuz I realy would like to download the camera mod :)
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I can't download any of Bytesss's mods either, that FTP must be borked :| I can upload some of them again when I get my computer back :)
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
AdnanAksoy
Stock
Stock

Post by AdnanAksoy »

Bytesss wrote:Here's a Mod that'll improve handling on all cars in NFSPS (will also work with MW & Carbon) by increasing the global world gravity. There are two patches, one doubles the gravity and the other triples it. Some cars don't like 3x gravity so use 2x on them. Included is a "undo" patch to quickly reverse the Mod.
I can't upload attachments here today so I dumped it on a public FTP.

ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFSPS_GRAVITY_MOD.ZIP

EDIT: Added a CAM MOD that changes the bumper cam to an outside cam with 360 degree view. This one's not really for racing, more for viewing your car. I'll post another cam mod that changes the far cam instead which has more height and less lag time (still does 360 views) asap. For those of you that want to know how to hexedit the GlobalMemoryFile.bin this is a great place to start. The hard part was finding the location of the camera values which is already done. Run the patch, do a file compare and you'll be in the camera data area. Most of the values are float32, larger values are FOV and speed differentials. The values do height, angle, lag, X Y Z etc. You have to experiment, that's all I'm doing.

ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFS_CAM_MOD1.ZIP
ftp://89.252.0.104/upload/NFS_CAM_MOD1.ZIP dead link pls upload :wink:
smashingpunk007
Stock
Stock

Post by smashingpunk007 »

Hey, Can you please make a Cam mod that centers the hood cam, my only gripe with the game is the limited hood view. Hope its even possible.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

What he did was stumble upon an unused camera mode and replace a used camera mode with that one. I don't think it's possible to modify camera modes.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

prince1142003 wrote:What he did was stumble upon an unused camera mode and replace a used camera mode with that one. I don't think it's possible to modify camera modes.
I didn't "stumble" upon an unused camera mode. I analyzed the code carefully and did alot of testing to figure out how the cameras work. I changed the bumper camera to an outside camera, lowered the height and increased the rotation lag. The rotation lag on the far, close & hood cameras can be changed to give a 360 degree view, the bumber camera is fixed. You can also add/remove camera shake for the outside cameras & adjust field of view on all of them. Inside view is also possible but the A pillar makes it look bad.
smashingpunk007 wrote:Hey, Can you please make a Cam mod that centers the hood cam, my only gripe with the game is the limited hood view. Hope its even possible.
Unlike the x,y,z values for the bumper & outside cameras, the x,y,z values for the hood cameras are unique for each car . Are you running NFSPS v1.0 or v1.1? What car do you want the hood camera centered on?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Wow, I just thought you stumbled upon the camera mode. I have a whole new appreciation for your work.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a few captures showing camera movement. The camera movement is a bit choppy because of the capture software, it's smoother during actual gameplay. Right click and do "save as" instead of trying to play them from the FTP server.

ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/NFSPS_CAM1.wmv
ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/NFSPS_CAM2.wmv
ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/NFSPS_CAM3.wmv
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Hey, that looks great, reminds me of the camera tool for MW, uploading soon? :P Also, how did you go straight through the orange barriers? The only time i've gotten over them was when I flipped my car over them, which is very hard to do.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

I didn't go through a barrier, I was using a edited gameplay.bin file which warped me behind the barrier when I pressed reset. If you find a barrier that you can go over (I haven't found one yet) you can use the gravity mod to get over it.

EDIT:
I found that you can go over some of the barriers that come and go in the different track variations. Using my +11 trainer get the car in motion then hit the 0 key to float and then 1 to drop the car. Here's an example:

ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/OverBarrier1.wmv

BTW, the first version of the my +11 trainer had an issue with not all cars working with gravity adjust, it's fixed in version 2.

EDIT2:

Power,
Do you still play UG2 and Carbon? If so do you want to test camera controllers that I made for each of them? I want to be sure they're bug free before I release them.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Bytesss wrote: Power,
Do you still play UG2 and Carbon? If so do you want to test camera controllers that I made for each of them? I want to be sure they're bug free before I release them.
Sure, I have both games. Send them when you're ready :) Also, In that video you posted, that barrier/place is the one that I flipped my car over into.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

PM me your email address or email me (bytesss@live.com) and I'll send the one for UG2.

Return to “Editing”