Vinyls on the windows

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Vinyls on the windows

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

You know all those AI cars driving around with vinyls on the windows, right? Part of the vinyls ending up on their cars' windows? I know it's possible to put vinyls on part of the BMW Z4's side windows plus the front windscreen of the '04 Pontiac GTO, but would it be possible to mod the cars so that vinyls do appear on the windows for all the player cars?

If not possible, disregard this post.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Vinyls on the windows

Post by RedCarDriver »

Racing M3 GTR wrote:You know all those AI cars driving around with vinyls on the windows, right? Part of the vinyls ending up on their cars' windows? I know it's possible to put vinyls on part of the BMW Z4's side windows plus the front windscreen of the '04 Pontiac GTO, but would it be possible to mod the cars so that vinyls do appear on the windows for all the player cars?

If not possible, disregard this post.

*disregarded*

Sorry, but it's only possible for the King cars - they have "unique" vinyls like the bosses in Carbon and the Blacklist racers in MW, etc.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Well, half true. The Boss/most AI cars indeed have Unique Texture Vinyls, which aren't modifiable.
But, as Decals can be Placed on Windows, Vinyls can be too (with a little hex-editing) :wink:

As both Vinyls and Decals use the same Codes, they're interchangeable.
The only difference is that Decals have just one Color instead of four and are placed over Vinyls (and Windows).
Some Boss/AI Skins are available as normal Vinyls, too.
See there:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 00#p326269
Racing M3 GTR wrote:I know it's possible to put vinyls on part of the BMW Z4's side windows plus the front windscreen of the '04 Pontiac GTO,
Yep, some other cars have these 'vinyl placement issues' too. That's a very annoying bug, imo. Can't put Vinyls on the Door of the Z4, but the Sidewindow. Great.

Changing Vinyls to Decals in Savegame is alot easier than modding other Game Files, as most things in Savegame, especially the Cars/Blueprint Part is already known. uncovered?unveiled? bah my english sucks here :roll:

Any more questions on savegame-editing? Feel free to ask. :wink:
(after reading around in the above linked thread, maybe it's already answered there)
scoobeephantom
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by scoobeephantom »

i did that with an animal vinyl on my one car, i think it was a glitch
THE HIPPIES WERE RIGHT
RAZGRIZ

Return to “Editing”