Hidden Pro Street Vinyls

Discuss editing Need for Speed ProStreet.
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Hidden Pro Street Vinyls

Post by wondaboy »

Hi i just wanna know if there is any way to unlock or something to get all the vinyls in Pro Street,like the pretuned cars have different vinyls and decals. Also while i was playing around with some editing program 1 night after reading here how to unlock cars I saw many decals that cant be chhosen in the game. Also im not sure if the pretuned cars actualy have vinyls and decals on them or if its some tipe of a pre designed skin,may theres some way through editing to get that whole skin on 1 of ur own cars?
Then finaly,if no one knows of any way to unlock,hack or do whatever there is to get the vinyls and decals,is there maybe a way to get past the "lock" that prevents u from upgrading or tuning pre tuned blueprints.
Oh and 1 very last question,is there a way to increase the amount of layers and vinyls and decals you can put on your car since the 20 is way to limited for nice designs..
Thanx in advance so long to anyone who might be able to help me.

Oh and thanx for ur cool website,its realy excelent and since discovering it so 4 months ago my no1 favourite site!!
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Hidden Pro Street Vinyls

Post by Albtraum »

You're talking about my post somewhere in the Car Codes thread, are you?
(http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 00#p326269)

Well, i don't know about an easy way to unlock them... but could be possible somehow, because most of them appear as 'Special ###' ingame, if added per hex-editing.

You're right, those Pretuned Cars use pre-designed/texture/skin/unique vinyls, however you want to call it.
Theres a Special Code at the end of the Vinyl Section in each Blueprint, but we don't know all of these Codes, just the ones posted in the Car Codes thread (from Cpartys Pre-tuned Savegame mostly). that list is linked in the above linked post
But you can't further modify them, i think this limitation is hardcoded...
Some of them are available as 'normal Vinyls' too , if you can find them in those messy unsorted Pics I posted :roll:

The 20 Vinyls/Decals is also hardcap, as theres just enough room for that in every Blueprint (fixed size), but you can get up to 40 Vinyls *or* Decals on a Car by hexing Vinyls into the Decal Section and vice versa, but Decals are limited to one color, so no camo or multicolored stuff here...
That method is described some posts after the above linked one.

If you find some 'pre-designed' AI Textures not yet listed, or identify some of them in those Pics, feel free to tell, I'll add them to the list(s). That was my thought as i posted those Pics, anyway :wink:
No way one can go through them all alone :roll:

Greets, AlB
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

Albtraum wrote:You're talking about my post somewhere in the Car Codes thread, are you?
(http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 00#p326269)

Well, i don't know about an easy way to unlock them... but could be possible somehow, because most of them appear as 'Special ###' ingame, if added per hex-editing.

You're right, those Pretuned Cars use pre-designed/texture/skin/unique vinyls, however you want to call it.
Theres a Special Code at the end of the Vinyl Section in each Blueprint, but we don't know all of these Codes, just the ones posted in the Car Codes thread (from Cpartys Pre-tuned Savegame mostly). that list is linked in the above linked post
But you can't further modify them, i think this limitation is hardcoded...
Some of them are available as 'normal Vinyls' too , if you can find them in those messy unsorted Pics I posted :roll:

The 20 Vinyls/Decals is also hardcap, as theres just enough room for that in every Blueprint (fixed size), but you can get up to 40 Vinyls *or* Decals on a Car by hexing Vinyls into the Decal Section and vice versa, but Decals are limited to one color, so no camo or multicolored stuff here...
That method is described some posts after the above linked one.

If you find some 'pre-designed' AI Textures not yet listed, or identify some of them in those Pics, feel free to tell, I'll add them to the list(s). That was my thought as i posted those Pics, anyway :wink:
No way one can go through them all alone :roll:

Greets, AlB
Hi thanx for your reply,somehow ive actualy overlooked your threads up to recieving your link, i got the idea while playing around with texmod. Dont know if youve used it but anyway maybe you can help me again with my next question.
When loading the picture thats on the RWD EVO of Ryo the program gives this info with it ( this is the flat compleete layout of the whole car's graffix )
:Texture Loaded 1147 Size 1024 x 1024 Checksum 0x7740CAF

At first i thought it was a solid 1 piece design because of the way the software extracts it, the program runs with the game and when you get to seeing the texture it actualy replaces the texture on the EVO and leaves this highlited green color where the vinyl was,basicaly so you can see which texture it is that youve got. Oh and this is Ryo's Evo while in the car lot as the 1st 2 pretuned cars. But just now i went into my garage and got to a full body design of a rx7 i made myself with also multiple vinyls and decals and the soft ware also displayed the whole design as 1 piece,same as Wannabe's, which has got me thinkin,maybe it isnt just 1 single design that just looks like diferent vinyls since it show mine the same way.
So i also wrote down the info it gave on my Graffix:
texture loaded -2 Size 1024 x 1024 Checksum 0x5d40f16e

Now with this info,do you think theirs a way i could replace the texture on my rx7 with Ryo's design? If there is would you please help me to do it,im actualy not experienced with this tipe of stuff,im a designer although i know quite a bit about computers,for instance,i found adding the bugatti and the other cars to my game quite easy with the codes,and ,as im . Thanx for the link,what ive learned so far from ur threads is amazing. Ive actualy printed all your posts and they now lay next to me,"my bible for editing. if i can replace my grafix with the Ryo grafix and which software would i use for the editing?

This website got me so hooked on the concept of editing my cars and now also my designs,that ive almost feel like i lost interest in going to play online,EA need to apoint ppl likec you then we wouldnt have so much issues with game problems =D>
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Certain vinyl codes are unique to the car. Ryo's Evo is an example of such. So until we can find where this vinyl is stored and discover how to re-import it into the RX-7's vinyl storage, I don't think what you're asking for is possible.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Hmm, haven't worked with texmod yet, I've used DXAnalyzer to get those Pics. Basically I wrote a tool to put the subsequent Vinyl Codes on a full Garage Savegame, extracted them and threw them together with paint.net... heavy work, but thats another story.

The predesigned Textures the AI Cars use are indeed single Textures and have a special Slot in the Savegame, which overrides all other Vinyls/Decals on that Car.
Own designs with multiple Vinyls/Decals get combined by ProStreet to one 1024*1024 texture, which then goes on the car - that must be the reason why it gets slower the more Layers you have, but anyway.

As Prince already said, that predesigned Textures only work on the Car they were made for.
But some of them can also be found as Special Vinyls, that can be put on any car, which however doesn't mean they actually fit on that car, because of different Body Forms, Window Locations.

For Ryo's Apex Glide Design, you could try the following codes I've found so far:
8E01/2403 Evo X
8D00 Civic?
FC02 Silvia?
I suggest adding them as Decals, since the Designs includes Windows, and Vinyls don't paint over them.

PS: that texmod thingie looks promising, If it's possible to replace Ingame Textures with this thing, you could get your own Design in the game - at least in Singleplayer. Don't know how that works, though.
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

Ive gotten it right, once again stumbled onto it by mistake like almost everything else,but hey now ive got it my very own Apex Glide Mazda RX7. Any1 wanting to see her, Ive uploaded some photos to the showroom!

dont know how to add the image here but heres the url for it

http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?p=image&pa ... /41133.jpg
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

prince1142003 wrote:Certain vinyl codes are unique to the car. Ryo's Evo is an example of such. So until we can find where this vinyl is stored and discover how to re-import it into the RX-7's vinyl storage, I don't think what you're asking for is possible.

Oh well go look in the showroom :D
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I was just having a play around with textmod and extracted this texture:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7954 ... af1kx9.png

I think it's possible to import textures into the game, I just need to find out how...

EDIT: Ok, I found out how, tutorial coming soon. To prove it...
:wink:
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Isn't that picture from Carbon? I thought you were talking about ProStreet.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Yeah it is, oops, but it works in both games.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

Following all this, is it possible to replace AI car textures with player-made textures, which you can then use for the cars? Some of the AI textures are good, like Grip Runners, whereas others are horrid.

BTW, I found this. The texture belongs to me, hehe.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh11 ... 40897A.jpg

Using above texture, is it actually possible to replace Porsche AI textures with these? I reckon Rudy Chen needs a new paintjob...
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I could put that on Rudy's Porsche if you like, which car is it again?

EDIT: Well I put it on a Porsche anyway:
I'm still having a problem - whenever I try to race the cars the vinyls disappear and are replaced by the normal ones :/
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

OK,thanx for all your interest, firstly I was talkin about prostreet although the murcielago you made looks awesome! As with texmod its quite easy to extrackt the images but so far everytime i try to import the image back after cahanges or even to try and get it to another car the would simply come out pitch black,so im still gonna keep trying to get that going later as id much rather design my own dds designs in photo shop and import them into prostreet. Carbon on the other hand is relatively simple,with the excelent descriptions many ppl have posted on this website i got importing even realy complex designs to carbon the very 1st time. With Ryo's vinyl i simply found a way to move it around within the and put it on any car i wish to,when you then enter your garage the vinyl is on the car but realy realy small, i then aoply it like you would any other vinyl. The name of the vinyl just apears as special,and you cant change any of the colors but you can move, resize, rotate and skew it. In the process i also figured something else out,When you design a car you only get 20 vinyl and 20 decal slots,but you can move that whole design just like Ryo's design to another car and it only counts as 1 vinyl, which means you can now ad another 19 bvinyls and 20 decals over that vinyl,which pretty much makes design capabilities now endless.. Thats how i edited Ryo's name out, i just put black vinyl blocks over his name and the drift club logo over that.

My time is a bit limited right now as im busy taking part in the fashion week in my country so my schedule is quite hectic,but i promise i'll put up a complete set of directions on how to do it within the next few days, i'll also add some more "Team Wannabe" :mrgreen: cars to the showroom just now. So far i made a Zonda, Corola, 911 Turbo, Supra, New and old Skyline, 350Z and a Cammaro SS. As amazing as this amount of cars may sound it realy took me an hour to make all of them :oops: so you can imagine its quite simple. Oh and you can use any vinyl from any other car,incuding griprunners and there even ones that ive never seen anywheere in pro street.
wondaboy
Ricer
Ricer

Post by wondaboy »

powerof1000 wrote:I could put that on Rudy's Porsche if you like, which car is it again?

I'm still having a problem - whenever I try to race the cars the vinyls disappear and are replaced by the normal ones :/

Do you mean with normal racing or online? If its online its because the servers there havent got your design on their system,mine simply turns pich black, windows lights wheels everything.. If its in normal non online racing it means you might have to ad the vinyl to the main code of that certain car, but that would mean that every single car in the game of that specific make is gona have it on them. Im not realy a genius or even close with this tipe of stuff,im actualy a lingerie designer, so thats why im hoping when i do post what i figured out 1 of the people here who realy do fall under that category can use it and help me find a way to use my own designs.
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

powerof1000 wrote:I'm still having a problem - whenever I try to race the cars the vinyls disappear and are replaced by the normal ones :/
I guess texmod just replaces a specific Texture, and ProStreet doesn't have a static Texture'slot' assigned for Cars... so, everytime new textures get loaded or you change the car, go racing, etc.. ProStreet dynamically assigns a new 'slot' for the Car Texture.
The Number (displayed by texmod) under which you find the Car texture changes when changing cars, does it?
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

powerof1000 wrote:I could put that on Rudy's Porsche if you like, which car is it again?

So now, based on what that car looks like, is it actually possible to replace AI vinyls with player-made ones?

With these 20-layer vinyls being counted as a single one, does that mean we've effectively busted the 20 layer limits?

Anyway, I don't want that on Rudy's car. Firstly, it would look weird and second, I've yet to make something to replace his texture with.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you can replace AI vinyls.
Racing M3 GTR wrote:With these 20-layer vinyls being counted as a single one, does that mean we've effectively busted the 20 layer limits?
AI vinyls are actually one layer (obviously lots of layers compressed), so it takes up one of the 20 slots, leaving 19 free for other vinyls.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

I meant player-made vinyls like my Porsche. I'm not talking about AI textures being compressed. Does the whole vinyl count as 20 or has it been compressed into one?

Might be another big step, but could you actually change the paint for the AI cars? There's this AI Skyline running around at React and frankly, it's hideous.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Oh, the user-made vinyls should only take up 1 slot.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Racing M3 GTR
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Racing M3 GTR »

powerof1000 wrote:Oh, the user-made vinyls should only take up 1 slot.
Cool, so that means that we can pretty much say bye bye to the layer limit? I realise it's still there, but really non-existent now that we've kind of gotten around it?

BTW, where would that tutorial of yours be?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I'll make a tutorial when I get a bit of spare time.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Texmod works great, you can change just about any texture in the game. I just replaced all of the Progressive billboards with my own textures. Engine bay textures can be swapped but the car's body size needs to be simular for it to look right. Menu art, track objects, even the textures for the girls can be swapped, great program.

It's hard to see the engine swap in the 350z but my new billboards are easy to spot:
ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/PS1.JPG
With the one piece vinyls you can paint your whole car:
ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/PS2.JPG
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Texmod also opens up NFS Carbon textures btw.. well from what the texmod list told me. :D

List of games tested so far

Success:

Ankh2: Heart of Osiris - Thanks Fleet
Bard's Tale - Thanks Fleet
Battlefield 2 - Thanks Skipperdoo
Battlefield 2142 - Thanks Skipperdoo
Battles Mages - Thanks Alex Fly
BattleRaper 2 - Thanks fleet
Big Mutha Truckers 2 - Thanks Fleet
Broken Sword 4: Secrets of the Ark - Thanks Fleet
CivIV (demo)
Condemned - Thanks Fleet
Crysis (demo) - Thanks Larson_1988
Desperate Housewives (the game) - Thanks Fleet
Dirt: Origin Of The Species (unpatched) - Thanks Fleet
Dungeon Lords - Thanks fleet
Dungeon Siege 2 & Broken World expansion (expansion only) - Thanks Fleet
Driv3r
Driver Parallel Lines
Eragon - Thanks Fleet
eXperience112 (Demo) also called The Experiment - Thanks Fleet
Fable: Lost Chapters
Fahrenheit (European version of Indigo Prophecy) - Thanks Fleet
Farcry
FEAR
Flatout 1 - Thanks b0bb13
Flatout 2
Forgotten Realms Demon Stone - Thanks Fleet
Gods lands of Infinity Special Edition (partial?)- Thanks Fleet
GTA: San Andreas - Thanks Angel 14
GTL Legends
Guildwars - Thanks Fleet
Guild 2 - Thanks Fleet
Harry Potter:- Order Of The Phoenix - Thanks robwolf666
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Thanks robwolf666
Heros of Might and Magic V - Thanks Fleet
Ice Age 2
Infernal - Thanks Alex Fly
Jade Empire Special Edition - Thanks Alex Fly
Silent Storm and it's sequels work - Thanks jarska
Kohan 2 Kings of War - Thanks Fleet
Legacy Of Kain: Defiance - Thanks CroftScionGuard
Lego Star Wars 1
Lego Star Wars 2
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude - Thanks robwolf666
Mademan - Thanks Fleet
Medieval 2: Total War - Thanks Fleet
Midnight Club 2
Narnia: The lion, the witch and the wardrobe (2005) - Thanks Fleet
Need For Speed Carbon - Thanks b0bb13
Need For Speed Underground

Neverend - Thanks Fleet
New York City Tycoon - Thanks Fleet
Oblivion (some errors) - Thanks Tomblover
Benoit Sokal's Paradise - Thanks Fleet
Pac Man world 3 - Thanks Poseidons_Doom
Pirates Of The Caribbean: At Worlds End - Thanks goTh'a
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 - Thank badboy70
Serious Sam 2
7 sins - Thanks Fleet
Shadowrun - Thanks badboy70
Sid Meiers Pirates - Thanks Fleet
Silverfall - Thanks Fleet
Singles 2 - Thanks Fleet
Snowblind - Thanks Fleet
Spellforce 1: Platinum edition - Thanks Fleet
Spellforce 2 - Thanks Fleet
Spiderman 3 - Thanks to Marvel Mods community
Sudeki - Thanks Fleet
Swat 4 - Thanks Fleet
The Godfather - Thanks Fleet
The Movies - Thanks george croft
The Secret Files: Tunguska (Just Character skins)- Thanks Fleet
The Suffering
The Suffering 2: Ties that bind - Thanks Fleet
Titan Quest - Thanks Alex Fly
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness (needs troad.exe in traod folder - thanks slayer)
Tony Hawk: Underground 2 - Thanks Fleet
TopSpin2 (textures visible only under loading page) - Thanks Fleet
Total Overdose
Transformers demo - Thanks Alex Fly
UnReal Tournament 3 - Thanks Tomblover
World Of Warcraft (Partial non-character only) - Thanks goTh'a
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

I've been playing around with this, but the textures "move around" too much to have this tool be very useful... I can't wait until someone makes a tool similar to BinTex, for Carbon and ProStreet (might not happen, but I hope it does).

Also, I wish I could figure out how to replace one of the regular old vinyls in ProStreet with a carbon-fiber texture. This would be so useful it's not even funny. To keep it from being painted by accident, it should be a "Graffiti" vinyl; these can't be painted except a small outline, and the outline can be simply omitted or something...
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

I've used some vinyls from Carbon in PS, to do it I had to export them as DDS files then make my own 1024x1024 DDS and import it. If you want the car color to stay the same (transparency) you have to use DDS. To put a one piece 1024x1024 vinyl on a stock car I've been using the first camouflage vinyl since it seems to have a static address.

powerof1000 wrote:I'm still having a problem - whenever I try to race the cars the vinyls disappear and are replaced by the normal ones :/
There are two vinyls, export the texture while you're on a track, that's the one you want.

Can someone test this Texmod .tpf for the 350z and see if it works:

ftp://81.177.8.194/upload/NFSPS/350z.tpf

To use it get a stock car (fits the 350z though) and put the very first camouflage vinyl (should be 0x71106F99) on it. Then start the game with Texmod & 350z.tpf. When you're in the showroom the camo vinyl will be draw but it should switch to the pre-tuned 350z vinyl when you get on a track. If it works then the camo vinyls have static addresses.
Last edited by Bytesss on 17 Jun 2008, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Editing”