PC Demo Help

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Rowe14
Ricer
Ricer

PC Demo Help

Post by Rowe14 »

when i run the pc demo i cant really see anything(screen: Image) i cant get into races and i cant see a thing! can someone PLEASE help me out? :cry: :cry:
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Classic problem:
your video card is not compatible or you dont have installed the latest drivers for it....
Rowe14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rowe14 »

ok :( thanks for your help! do you know how i would go about downloading my lastest video drivers and what not?
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

What video card do you have?

If you have an nVidia card, go here.

If it's an ATI card, go here.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Rowe14 wrote:ok :( thanks for your help! do you know how i would go about downloading my lastest video drivers and what not?
Just find out which video card u have.
Right click on wallpaper, then properties, go to configuration tab, then Advanced options, then device tab and there's the model

Now go to the official web site from the maker, like http://www.ati.com or http://www.nvidia.com (examples) and just find the latest drivers... ;)

If you can't resolve, I advice u to check everything (DirectX version, Ram, everything), if that doesn't resolve, just buy a new video card or add more RAM.
Rowe14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rowe14 »

hey thanks for the help...I just "updated" my video card and now the demo looks like this: Image lol...its better than it was but its still not the way its supposed to be!
Picc84
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Picc84 »

Lol, its like a game from the 80's in 3-d! CHeck and make SURE you have the LATEST upgrade, not the one after the one you had...
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

Well people, I'm also having problems running the Demo. Except that for me... it doen't run at all. When I double click the thing, my PC restarts. Anybody knows what's happening?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

My final answer: your card is not supported...i mean, maybe its not compatible with directx 9 interface, just buy a new card mate ;)
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

Oops, I forgot to mention: My card is a Radeon X1600 Pro, which even has 3.0 shaders and HDR lighting. I'll try updating it, it's been a long time...
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

PanZero wrote:Oops, I forgot to mention: My card is a Radeon X1600 Pro, which even has 3.0 shaders and HDR lighting. I'll try updating it, it's been a long time...
You're ok then....how much memory? bit interface? i sound like a n00b...
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

512 GDDR2, AGP

And before anyone asks, I've 1GB of RAM, Processor is a P4 2.53GHz
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

PanZero wrote:512 GDDR2, AGP

And before anyone asks, I've 1GB of RAM, Processor is a P4 2.53GHz
So no need to say anything then....you PC is much more than qualified to play the game mate...enjoy it......lucky dude j/k LOL :D
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

I'd be lucky if it didn't restart every time I try to run the game... =/

Oh well... I'll try to do something about it.
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

i got the exact same problem here, my pc restarts everytime i launch it.

i got an asus eax1900xt, asus a8r32-mvp deluxe, amd 64 4000, and 2gigs corsair ram, so it should work. but i also haven't updated my drivers in a while. i'll probably do that later on this weekend and hopefully it will work...i already preordered the game so i'm gonna be pissed if it wont :o
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

Umm..lemme just remind u that...the demo is very prone to crashes and stuff like that..
so it might not run..EVEN with the updated drivers ;)
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

well just as long as the full version runs good i'll be fine.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i ran the demo perfectly without any lag at all, i wonder why some of the really high-end systems are struggling i'd say my system is a med-high system. if you pc re starts everytime then i would simply try re downloading try downloading from fileshack it is fast there ( 800 kbps for me )
PanZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PanZero »

dln wrote:i got the exact same problem here, my pc restarts everytime i launch it.

i got an asus eax1900xt, asus a8r32-mvp deluxe, amd 64 4000, and 2gigs corsair ram, so it should work. but i also haven't updated my drivers in a while. i'll probably do that later on this weekend and hopefully it will work...i already preordered the game so i'm gonna be pissed if it wont :o
Well, I just updated my drivers and now the game works!
gjkid
Stock
Stock

Post by gjkid »

all the cars in the game is pitch black i put everything to low or off and its still not working

heres my graphics card thing
GeForce FX 5200
128MB
INTEGRATED RAMDAC

do i need to download a driver or will the game not work at all
if i need a new driver can some one give me a link i tried nivida's site and i could find a thing
BGam-3R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BGam-3R »

I have to use the same card as you: had to RMA my "good" card so I'm stuck using a FX 5200 for the time being. :( The demo actually won't even start for me: I just get a blank screen and no HD activity.

The README says the FX series is supported, so I don't know what the problem is (I'm using the most recent drivers and up-to-date DirectX). I also just did a re-install of Windows a couple of days ago.

Oh well. Hopefully my replacement 6600GT will be back really soon. ;)
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

ok well i updated my drivers and it stopped restarting as well. so if anyone else gets that problem, just update and you should be fine.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

BGam-3R wrote:I have to use the same card as you: had to RMA my "good" card so I'm stuck using a FX 5200 for the time being. :( The demo actually won't even start for me: I just get a blank screen and no HD activity.

The README says the FX series is supported, so I don't know what the problem is (I'm using the most recent drivers and up-to-date DirectX). I also just did a re-install of Windows a couple of days ago.

Oh well. Hopefully my replacement 6600GT will be back really soon. ;)
It should work. I played the demo on my old computer which has an FX 5200 Ultra, it works fine. I'm using driver version 84.21 (get it in the nvidia driver archive).
gjkid
Stock
Stock

Post by gjkid »

can u get it to me i cant find it
is there a link
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Go on the nvidia website

Return to “Help & Support”