Official NFSC Performance\Bug\Error Issues Thread.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

darknight788 wrote:that happened on your xbox ? jeez i used to think games for consoles never locked up which they never do on my ps1. looks like EA got real lazy this time and did no beta testing b/c i never had any problems in the demo but now in the full version i get random crashes.
Yeah my Xbox really screwed up on me my TV made a loud beeping sound that i nearly had to turn the TV off :?
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by barracuda7110 »

This game is not working on ati radeon gfx cards. I tried to make it run on a pc equipped with a x700 and (the second one) with 9600. On first pc it didn't even install. On the second pc it installed but when i tried tu start it it displayed only a bluescreen without any errors :? .
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

Yes it does look at my specs:
BrontoX wrote:P4 3.0Ghz
512 DDR PC3200 (Kingston 2x256 Dual Channel In-Pair)
Sapphire ATi Radeon X700
And it runs like a charm with:
1024x768
4x Anti-Aliasing
Antristopic Filtering Antristropic
And the rest at MAX
You don't have the latest drivers that's why
barracuda7110
Ricer
Ricer

Post by barracuda7110 »

trust me it doesn't work. I've downloaded and installed newest drivers available... i even updated gfx card bios and still no results :? on the pc with x600 (or x700 i can't remeber right now) it didn't even started installing the game. it didn't even display the eula (or some other license crap)
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Okay carbon had frozen 15 times on me while in free roam its annoying coz its on xbox :evil:
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

And too bad we can't get patches BECAUSE EA REMOVED ONLINE SUPPORT FOR XBOX & PS2!
"The 86 is a car that trains its driver." - Bunta Fujiwara
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

HashiriyaGDB wrote:And too bad we can't get patches BECAUSE EA REMOVED ONLINE SUPPORT FOR XBOX & PS2!

I agree with you all the way with that 8)
BrontoX
Professional
Professional

Post by BrontoX »

barracuda7110 wrote:trust me it doesn't work. I've downloaded and installed newest drivers available... i even updated gfx card bios and still no results :? on the pc with x600 (or x700 i can't remeber right now) it didn't even started installing the game. it didn't even display the eula (or some other license crap)
Then it's something else not your GFX card.

Do you have Autorun on???
dogstar
Stock
Stock

Post by dogstar »

Another CTD victim.

ive got:
opteron 144 (1.8ghz)
asus a8n mobo
1.5 gig ram
bfg 7600gt
and some other stuff.

Random CTD, no real graphical bugs, just unplayable, unless you like playing the same race over and over again.

Mods/admins, do you mind if i like this thread in my emails to EA?? ive been talking with some of their support people, and they dont seem to believe me that other people are having the same problems.
Borak
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Borak »

i'm getting really choppy frames, i've turned everything low/off and still the same. it runs smooth for a few seconds, then starts chopping up as if it had to load another part of the city.

my specs (i know, lame, but ran MW great)

2.0 ghz P4
256 MB Geforce 6200 LE
1 GB ram

i've tried increasing cache size in regedit, and it doesnt seem to help.
Business
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Business »

a 6200 LE? thats the lowest bunch of the cards in the Geforce 6xxx series. might want to look into an overhaul on the entire computer though...

i think NFSC has CTD over 50 times now. i cant even play for more than 10-15 minutes before it does it. hell, when i just opened it up i just selected my car and poof, CTD.

great job EA. you suck.
ousi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ousi »

I have a really big problem!

I got NFSC setup, started a career and got a BSOD when trying to load the "first" (After the M3 v. C6R) race. I sometimes got a glimpse on the starting (the drifting), and got a BSOD instantly!

Error code: 0x0000007f (0x0000000d, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

My Spec (I know this is very very outdated, but it runs great with NFSMW):
Intel Celeron 1.0G (256k cache)
512MB Kingston PC-133 (running at 100MHz)
SB PCI128
(The above are ~3 years old)
Maxtor harddrives (160GB + 40GB)
GeForce 6200A (AGP) <-- This is the "newest" thing in the PC

And one problem is that when I get quick race or some sort, it just runs well, except for the road reflection turning grey (I cannot even see the road, though I can win some people online...)

One tips for random crash for other guys, try switch back to "near" perspective before returning to freeroam. That fixed some problem on my laptop in NFSMW (which uses GMA900)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

your cpu is waaaaaay too slow isnt the minimum reqs. like 1.7 ghz and i dont believe the 6200 is supported aswell.
ousi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ousi »

Well, my CPU shouldn't be the matter, as long as it performs well as a P4 1.7GHz
(Don't you know Tualatin P3 outperform Netburst P4?? It's like P-III 1.13 > P4 1.7, raw frequency doesn't imply much.)

BTW, the game rely on gfx card more.

Furthermore, 6200 is surely supported, even the Ti 4200 is supported and 6200 runs way faster than Ti series though it is the lowest end of the 6 series.

The BSOD problem...still can't figure out! I can run NFSMW at ~30fps with med-hi settings...

Maybe its due to my Sound Blaster PCI128 sound card? 0x0000000D doesn't mean a thing at all - its like saying there's something wrong with your software/hardware.

I've ran memtest for ~7 hours and it passes all the trials.
Borak
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Borak »

yes, MW ran fine with my specs, i could have it at medium with solid framerate. i think ea just needs to release a patch or something.
Supra-Man22
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Supra-Man22 »

Hey, I don't know if this is a bug in my game or something, but where can I find decals...I have not found them at all...and I have looked everywhere. Help would be appreciated.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

It's all vinyls. Look in Aftermarket section in vinyls.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

I have a really odd problem that many people over the net seem to get. I put in my collector's edition game disc and it brings up a "please close all running applications" window and I click ok and then it brings up the autorun menu. Ok so far and then I click install. It brings up the CD-key window and I put it in then brings up the agreement window and I click agree. After doing so a Please Wait window comes up for a few moments and then another window opens up saying as follows:

Installation cannot continue because this game requires DirectX 0 or higher to be installed on your system. You can download the latest version of DirectX here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx

and yes that is exactly what it brings up.

I searched through tons of pages on Google looking for a solution to the problem such searches as "Need for Speed Carbon collector's edition isntall problems" and many others but all turn up answers that just don't work.

I'm starting to have regrets about spending $43.45 for a game that won't install.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

How about reinstalling DirectX then? Tried that yet?
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

4 times.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

damn i dont know ? direct X 0 wtf is that, try a system resore to a date a week ago or further and see if that works
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Might want to try DXDIAG and see if everything is ok with your DirectX installation.

Also make sure you have XP SP2 and all applicable updates for it.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Everything was fine a week ago, I've done dxdiag and everything checks out, and I have service pack 2. I've finally snapped trying to get it going for the past several hours and am going to contact EA's support to see if they can help.

And the disc isn't bad because it didn't do that on my bro's computer.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Have you checked for updates on Windows Update?
2fast4all
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 2fast4all »

Try a fresh instal of windows, fixes most problems when its clean.

Return to “Help & Support”