I cant beat Carbon (Final Boss)

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

i beat darius by 10sec+ in the circuit using an evo with all parts maxed out except brakes and tires on my second try. i crashed into a building towards the end of the second lap on my 1st try.

overtook him in the canyon on a high-speed corner on my second try. crashed and fell behind on my first try
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Okay, finally beat him. And again, with an Evo. Before, I can't win Darius' Audi R8 because I never take any shortcuts, now I can because I take all possible shortcuts.

In the canyon duel, if you guys find it hard, just keep restarting till you find his weak point, and you can pass him there. I beat him by getting more points. But near the end, there is this "falling behind" alarm, but I was infront. lol. Before the 10 seconds of the weird "falling behind" ends, I reached the finishing line.

Btw. Just for your info, once you beat the boss race, you will unlock Shelby G.T. 500, Carrera GT, SL65 AMG, Audi Le Mans, and Darius' Audi Le Mans.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

ahmad0410 wrote:Btw. Just for your info, once you beat the boss race, you will unlock Shelby G.T. 500, Carrera GT, SL65 AMG, Audi Le Mans, and Darius' Audi Le Mans.
I believe this applies only to people who owns the Collector's Edition only?
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

nope, I don't think only for those with CE
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

Andre_online wrote:
ahmad0410 wrote:Btw. Just for your info, once you beat the boss race, you will unlock Shelby G.T. 500, Carrera GT, SL65 AMG, Audi Le Mans, and Darius' Audi Le Mans.
I believe this applies only to people who owns the Collector's Edition only?
Nono. Mine's a normal Xbox version. You should have it too though.
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

try with and evo since it has good handling. and acceleration
Explicit signature removed.
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

i kicked his ass in the first corner on the canyon 8) at first try ;) and i used a maxxed out viper.
frankie123
Ricer
Ricer

Post by frankie123 »

i tried like 3 times... no luck on all and on my 4th time i passed him on the 1st round and won the thing... i was like wtf? lol so i guess its skill... practice practice practice

supra... screw ppl that uses exotics online especially the ppl that only use the lambo, audi and carrera gt
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

Anyone try using a stock fast car? I used a completely stock Carrera GT and Darius never stood a chance in the corners.

The Le Mans was tuned to have (unrealistic) go-kart handling by EA, you can then imagine how over powerful it would be if it was racing vs modified cars.
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

joablo wrote:i kicked his bumbum in the first corner on the canyon 8) at first try ;) and i used a maxxed out viper.
Muscles acceelerate sooooo fast.....:D
You need to kick your bumbum if you can't overtake him in the first corner. 8)
marshman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by marshman »

Well i've finally beaten him, but it was a long haul. I had to start again. :roll: Like i wrote earlier, my 99% complete game was telling me my garage was full, but every time i sold a car i got the same message, even down to my last Lambo which was nowhere near fast enough to beat him. My only save game was kapput.

Anyway, new game and a new garage later and this time i bought the Corvette. What a difference it made too. I won all the last races against Darius without breaking a sweat, and without even using my Nos! Then in the final canyon drift, i did as people were suggesting, and took him on the first corner and won within seconds.

I'm now thinking though, that all that effort to turn my game from 99% to 100% wasn't even worth it. I unlocked five more cars, so i decided to add a few to my garage. I only had six in but thought i'd sell everything and start a fresh, buy a Viper, Porsche, Ford GT, Supra, Skyline, plus a few more. I knew the garage could hold eight, so i thought i'd pick my favourite eight. How wrong was I? It only holds six now? WTF? I've had eight in the past, but why now at 100% completion is it six? What a let down.
P4-2.8ghz-1gb ram-Radeon 256mb X800XT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

lol... can any1 remind me if you could pick markers after beating darius? i cant quite recall coz ive seen some audi lemans concept's with different paint schemes so i presume it was customised in career mode but i just dont remember anythign about it apart from the cut-scene where darius gives you the keys to it. and i cant be bothered finishing the game again to see if i can get the audi in my career garage either... just a curious thing
bala8oo
Ricer
Ricer

Beating final boss

Post by bala8oo »

Lancer is the best for the final boss as it's quick and holds the corners like a dream, I pretty much used this for everything once I won it.
^^Aston_Martin_DB9^^
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ^^Aston_Martin_DB9^^ »

How did you win your lancer bala800?
The_Flash_2K7
Ricer
Ricer

Post by The_Flash_2K7 »

Second canyon duel against Kenji when he uses the lancer i think.
^^Aston_Martin_DB9^^
Ricer
Ricer

I haven´t got it. It is so god damn confusing :O
^^Aston_Martin_DB9^^
Ricer
Ricer

Is there any other cars u get after Angie being defeated??
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

You don't get anymore cars after beating Angie. You'll only unlock cars which can be purchased later on.
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

I've beaten him with the Skyline and the Evo (game crashed after I did it with the Skyline). I passed him with the Evo, but I'd put it down to experience doing the course the first time, not the car being better.
I was wondering though, what Muscle cars have people used to beat him? Also, has anyone use one of the older Muscle cars such as the Cuda or Shelby to beat him?
hexicon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hexicon »

Finally beat him after a few tries. The fourth and fifth I lost in the last few feet. How frustrating that was! I beat him in a fully tuned Supra. Adjusted to faster acceleration did the trick. I think he might have crashed somewhere near the final barrier turn because the meter showed him getting further away. Must have been a bug! Anyway, now I go wandering and finish some of my cards and undone races. I skipped all the canyon drift races but I think I will get a good drifter and take my time getting them done. Then I will start over and try some different cars.
Husband, Father, Geek, and proud of all three.
hexicon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hexicon »

No markers when you defeat Darius, just credits. The Audi shows up in the quick race garage, but not as a purchase from the shops. I used it for a quick race, turns on a dime, accelerates like a rocket, and stops like hitting a brick wall.
93360 wrote:lol... can any1 remind me if you could pick markers after beating darius? i cant quite recall coz ive seen some audi lemans concept's with different paint schemes so i presume it was customized in career mode but i just don't remember anything about it apart from the cut-scene where darius gives you the keys to it. and i cant be bothered finishing the game again to see if i can get the Audi in my career garage either... just a curious thing
Husband, Father, Geek, and proud of all three.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

MrEff wrote: I was wondering though, what Muscle cars have people used to beat him?
A Z06. Passed him on the first corner. :D
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

EVO_VIII wrote:
joablo wrote:i kicked his bumbum in the first corner on the canyon 8) at first try ;) and i used a maxxed out viper.
Muscles acceelerate sooooo fast.....:D
You need to kick your bumbum if you can't overtake him in the first corner. 8)
hehe ;D after winning the race i sold my viper and bought a 2006 challenger? and it's a firetruck rocket!! :O
MrEff
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MrEff »

Stereo wrote:A Z06. Passed him on the first corner. :D
Have you tried it with any of the older muscle cars, like the cuda?
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Post by Tuners Rock »

I used the Chevy Vette full of performance parts, and i beat him easy, especially in canyon. Since the Vette has the best accelaration in carbon, and beat him in 8 seconds, plus the 10 for the pass. :D

Return to “Help & Support”