How to clean up defensive races after career completion.

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Statistics > Gameplay > erm.. yeah, not listed anywhere. I guess you gotta keep doing them blindly until you hit the mark.
it lists it on the stats online but my stats are sooo out of date...it says i havent even beaten career once yet which i definitely have BUT it did say I had done 10 defensive races :?: :?: i definitely dont remember doing that many on my first career but ok, but yea im doing them blindly now hoping ill get that reward card soon
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

what i did was i got the alfa brera, and i cheaply tuned it up to go against wolf, and i got his car. i did no performance upgrades except i added a spoiler. i played on, and sadly got non of the other rivals cars, but i went on w/ the aston martin, and unlocked the 350z and bought it. then i selled the brera to get a good cash increase. all i added was nitrous, suspention, and tires. and that helped me beat darious. and i had over 1,000,000 cash. but the tip is to keep buying cars at a minimum, sell the least needed/used car, and DO ALL THE RACES.
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

Fishwhiz wrote:what i did was i got the alfa brera, and i cheaply tuned it up to go against wolf, and i got his car. i did no performance upgrades except i added a spoiler. i played on, and sadly got non of the other rivals cars, but i went on w/ the aston martin, and unlocked the 350z and bought it. then i selled the brera to get a good cash increase. all i added was nitrous, suspention, and tires. and that helped me beat darious. and i had over 1,000,000 cash. but the tip is to keep buying cars at a minimum, sell the least needed/used car, and DO ALL THE RACES.
which section unlocks the 350z, i need to know because right now ive beaten all the races for the most part with the 240sx cause the bera just wasnt cutting it and now all i am up against is tier3 cars and im not gonna be winning to many races unless its a canyon sprint(which i already won with the 240sx ;) ) but yea can someone tell me what section / race unlocks the 350z ?
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well if you start with the brera there is a specific race that you unlock it w/out having to take over a territory.
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

nvm i realized i already had all that stuff unlocked ! from the previous career i beat

now all i gotta do is win these ridiculously hard defense races against z06's and vipers... tons of fun especially on speedtraps...

i just hope i have enough money at the end
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

holy smokes you must be einstein of NFS or something. Good work. =)

just one question tho, is there a difference between defense races pop up that you race immediately by pressing ENTER or race later by pressing ESC?

the ESC will give a purple star on the map but im wondering does that still counts as defenseive race?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I doubt it counts if you press Esc and let the rival crew take over your territory. When you go and race it from the map, it now belongs to them, so you're the attacker, not the defender.
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

freaking sweet, i just got 20 defensive races, now all i gotta do is get 1million dollars(basically win out on the rest of the races) and beat darius and fill my garage with different cars
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

yup, same here, I already conquered the 3 territories, going for Silverton now, all made with the 240SX, I already done the free roam challenges and all the defensive races. What I have to do now, is to gain 1mil $ and @ the end of the career to finish all the pursuit related tasks. What I'm confused is, that, the 2nd time I started the career, after I defeated 1 boss, I didn't get asked for the markers, is it only me, or you guys noticed the same thing? The only question I'm asking is: how should I buy another car, but don't spend too many cash on it. what car would be suitable? I would like to buy an tuner, and I want to go with the 350z or the Skyline.

oh, and about the "defensive races" I think I found how the system works. If you go for a race(let's say an Circuit), before you enter it, check the "Record" for it, then try to beat the record, and when you finished it, returning to "free roam" the "defensive screen" pops up. So, beat records for the current race, and you'll get automatically asked for a defensive race.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh you don't get to choose markers the second time around since you already beat the bosses in this alias.

IMO go for the Skyline. They're both cheap anyway.

Interesting theory with the defensive races, but wouldn't that mean a defensive race after every territory race on the first time through, since you'd be setting all new records on all tracks?
Pelado
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pelado »

danyutz wrote:oh, and about the "defensive races" I think I found how the system works. If you go for a race(let's say an Circuit), before you enter it, check the "Record" for it, then try to beat the record, and when you finished it, returning to "free roam" the "defensive screen" pops up. So, beat records for the current race, and you'll get automatically asked for a defensive race.
Didnt work.....
I check about 6 races, beat the record for about 15 seconds and nothing......
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

oh well, I've observed this thing, after considering that I drove very well, and suddenly after finishing the event, the "defensive race" pop up.
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

i went with the 350z, it works well for what it is and handles well so essentially all i need to do is take shortcuts and beat the opponent on the corners

but yea after i got into silverton i had ALOT of defensive races pop up, like it was literally every other race if not every race so i got that out of the way

now i just gotta do pursuit cards, some more free roam(easy), and fill garage after i finish career

hope to get it all done tonight
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I have to do the 20 Roadblocks, 12 Spikestrips, 100 Ram and that 50 quickraces thing ... oh and I have to make that 50k Fine .. BTW, how do you know what's the fine?
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

danyutz wrote:I have to do the 20 Roadblocks, 12 Spikestrips, 100 Ram and that 50 quickraces thing ... oh and I have to make that 50k Fine .. BTW, how do you know what's the fine?
you pretty much dont :/ i think u have to do that blindly as well..
cMw
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by cMw »

just beat wolf, kenji, and angie as well as darius on the first try with my 350z(stock :P )

now onto to loading up the garage
gtouk21
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: In the driving seat of my Mitsubishi GTO or Eclipse GT 07

Post by gtouk21 »

what i've noticed, don't know if its true, but there are a lot more defensive races when finishing the game with TUNERS
Muscles suck. Tuners and Exotics Rule. Mitsubishi foreva
ImJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ImJ »

Omg kool ! thanks gt
I finnaly unlocked cross covette.. omg his car is hard to control! but speedy!
Explicit signature removed.
sergey911
Stock
Stock

Post by sergey911 »

im new to the form but not new to carbon, what are defensive races? finished every all reward card except for the defensive races.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

sergey911 wrote:im new to the form but not new to carbon, what are defensive races? finished every all reward card except for the defensive races.
The defence races is the races that pops up automatically and there you have to defend your territory.

In my last career i was going for to play the game slow and melodic to unlock everything, got 20 defence races and won them yippee!

Well NOT it was still locked after i had won the 20 races, EA thanks for this screwed up and buggy game :evil:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Most of those 'milestones' you actually have to win the next one to get the award. In this case, you'll get the recognition when you win the 21st defence race.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Most of those 'milestones' you actually have to win the next one to get the award. In this case, you'll get the recognition when you win the 21st defence race.
No that isn't so, i have won 22 with that career.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm that's the way it worked here.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Hmm that's the way it worked here.
Yes but that is what I have being saying all the time :wink: this game is buggy, no career has worked the exact same way for me and i have done 6 now?
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

U mean it keeps changing :|...man this game is messed up *_*!!

Return to “Help & Support”