Speed Penalty

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Indy
Ricer
Ricer

Speed Penalty

Post by Indy »

I don't know if this was already talked about in here but can someone explain me why sometimes you get a speed penalty in speedtraps? What are they?
xALFAxGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xALFAxGT »

As far as i know, you get a speed penalty (with the penalty being a reduction of your overall speed count) if you fall behind the leader at any given checkpoint.

This reduction keeps going until you go through the relevant speedtrap.

Basically you're being penalised coz your too slow!! :D
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

I think thats only true for the end of a Speedtrap race. That is, when someone other then you finishes the races the speed penalty will start ticking away and the more time it takes for you to finish the race the bigger the speed penalty will be (that is, how much will be deducted from your total speedtrap score).
dln
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dln »

yes, vellu's right, its only at the end. also from my experience the speed penalty is applied to ai racers too, so if you have a lower score than the comp racers but you finish way ahead of them, you might still win. if not, you could always restart.
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I hate that speed penalty! :evil: :evil:
I hope Ea doesn't bring it back in their next need for speed game! :!:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Solution: Cross the finish line first.

If you're having trouble with this, use your blocker to keep the AI well behind you.
omg_drifting_firetruck
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by omg_drifting_firetruck »

wingman being a scout works really well on speedtrap matches, they drive fast and get a high score, so even if u dont win, ur wingman does and still counts as you winning.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Only problem is in some of the Speed Trap Quick Races, where you have to drive with a wingman. If your wingman wins, you don't get credited with the win for the event. This is just lame IMHO - especially when I'm driving something like a Koenigsegg and he's driving an old Charger... EA's alternative reality strikes again :roll:

Return to “Help & Support”