graphics issue--or is it

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
erestel
Ricer
Ricer

graphics issue--or is it

Post by erestel »

i got a copy of NFSC on the first day i could lay my hands on them, but i couldnt ever run the game. not till now!!!

when i start the game, it goes to a black screen for a short while and the windows "has experienced an error and has to be terminated" thingy pops up. so i wonder if thats something wrong with my copy, therefore i spent some hours downloading the 600mb demo of NFSC and the same happened

i am on my roommate's computer, his graphics card is an "Intel 82945G chipset family". he has 1g ram and a P4 cpu. i wonder if the graphics is the reason. anyone has an idea?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

what ever that gfx processor is it sounds integrated and it is probably not supported
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Anything Intel (or any other chip maker) is integrated.

Tough luck there. Integrated graphics aren't enough oomph for Carbon to run. If you decide to get a plugin card, make sure to read the minimum system requirements for NFSC on this website (the wiki) as NFSC will refuse to work with some older (and cheaper) graphics cards.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Re: graphics issue--or is it

Post by Driv2Slow »

erestel wrote:i got a copy of NFSC on the first day i could lay my hands on them, but i couldnt ever run the game. not till now!!!

when i start the game, it goes to a black screen for a short while and the windows "has experienced an error and has to be terminated" thingy pops up. so i wonder if thats something wrong with my copy, therefore i spent some hours downloading the 600mb demo of NFSC and the same happened

i am on my roommate's computer, his graphics card is an "Intel 82945G chipset family". he has 1g ram and a P4 cpu. i wonder if the graphics is the reason. anyone has an idea?
same thing happened to me the first time i did the demo, but the second time and last time it has been good. some random crashes now and then but thats it
Driv2Slow
erestel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by erestel »

prince1142003 wrote:Anything Intel (or any other chip maker) is integrated.

Tough luck there. Integrated graphics aren't enough oomph for Carbon to run. If you decide to get a plugin card, make sure to read the minimum system requirements for NFSC on this website (the wiki) as NFSC will refuse to work with some older (and cheaper) graphics cards.
i am about to have my own laptop fixed... mine is ATI Mobility Radeon 9100... doesnt sound too good to be but it does meet the minimum requirement. do you guys think i stand a chance?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

No. Laptop graphics cards are not supported. That means that there's a chance that it might work, and there's a chance that it might not.

Read more on the system requirements here.

Return to “Help & Support”