Problems starting NFS: Carbon (PC)

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Ramzes1975
Stock
Stock

Problems starting NFS: Carbon (PC)

Post by Ramzes1975 »

I've been trying to get this working all night and can't figure out whats wrong. I just installed the game everything is cool during the entire installation. I go to play the game and the intro screen pops up like its getting ready to go and I get a quick flash of balck screen then it goes back to my desktop with no game running. I've tried patching the game to 1.3 but that didn't help. ANy suggestions? It will not start at all. I'm running on a Sony Vaio laptop with 1.83ghz Core 2 Duo, 1g memory. The only thing that isn't great is that it's only using the intergrated Intel graphics chip, but I don't think that would cause it to not even start. Any help would be appreciated.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Laptop chipsets are not supported. Ditch the laptop, and the game should run fine.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: Problems starting NFS: Carbon (PC)

Post by vellu »

Ramzes1975 wrote: The only thing that isn't great is that it's only using the intergrated Intel graphics chip, but I don't think that would cause it to not even start. Any help would be appreciated.
Yes it would. It doesn't even begin to support all the dx9 features required to run the game (shader models being to most obvious one).
neoian1277
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by neoian1277 »

Just had this same problem so i tried deleting the intro movies to see if that would help and it worked for me try deleting these files from your movies folder in the carbon directory

prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

If you're using a Vista-ready laptop, then your internal graphics card probably supports at least Shader Model 1. Which means NFSC should be able to run with a little coaxing. However, for someone whose laptop's graphics card doesn't support even Shader Model 1, getting NFSC to run will be next to impossible.

Return to “Help & Support”