NFSC patch 1.3 encountered problems

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
Finalmaster2

NFSC patch 1.3 encountered problems

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Ok, I have noticed, that some people are having difficulties with NFSC online, when patched to NFSC 1.3. Here is most of them and no, there is not a way to fix these.

- when choosing a car which you are going to use to play, game decides one from bonus and doesn't let you choose any car from you Career garage or unlocked Custom Cars
- game starts to shut down extremely easily when online
- disconnects very often on online
- when patched to 1.3 and trying to go to online, you need a NEW cd-key, because the one you used to install NFSC, has gotten expired.

Man you can believe how much I hate EA atm. Post here, if you find more problems. I don't believe, that EA is going to fix these problems. They just want to charge from everything. Mostly EA has always problems with NFS online. Just remove it.

Quote from someones sig:

"EA - Charge for everything."
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

that came from Skyline_Man's sig, and its very true
Driv2Slow
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Wait, I need to pay again to go online? *Hasn't been online yet*
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

no, just patch your game
Driv2Slow
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

no, you need to re-enter your cdkey because EA forgot(?) to do something about all the fake cdkeys that can go online. they made 1.3 patch so fast in order to block all the people who doesn't own the game(download or what so ever). i bought the game, patched it, and didn't enter cdkey again.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yeah, but some users' legit CD-keys are now blocked by EA because somehow or other illegal downloaders got a hold of them.

So if you own a legit version and your CD-key is blocked, contact EA customer support. They will usually send you a replacement CD-key if you can provide proof of product ownership.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

prince1142003 wrote:Yeah, but some users' legit CD-keys are now blocked by EA because somehow or other illegal downloaders got a hold of them.

So if you own a legit version and your CD-key is blocked, contact EA customer support. They will usually send you a replacement CD-key if you can provide proof of product ownership.

I also thought if you provide proof aswell as old CD key, they can ban the other cd key which is the same.

At least this is how it is on Steam.
korge
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

But one thing about that new cd-key. I tried to have new one from EA-USA, but they would let me have new, if I'd send to them a pic of game, cover and manual + cd-key and $ 10. Think about that. This was when I had... err... different MW. In NFSC, EA-Finland just sented to me new cd-key without any proovments of legal NFSC.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFSC patch 1.3 encountered problems

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Finalmaster2 wrote:- when choosing a car which you are going to use to play, game decides one from bonus and doesn't let you choose any car from you Career garage or unlocked Custom Cars
Incorrect. This only happens when racing Challenge Series events online, where everyone must race the same car.
Finalmaster2 wrote:- game starts to shut down extremely easily when online
Huh?
Finalmaster2 wrote:- disconnects very often on online
Depends how you define 'very often'. I'd say on average I might get disconnected once per hour. And it's no big deal when it does.
Finalmaster2 wrote:- when patched to 1.3 and trying to go to online, you need a NEW cd-key, because the one you used to install NFSC, has gotten expired.
Did not happen to me, nor to many others. You were just unlucky if it happened to you. I'm sure you didn't have to pay for it.
Finalmaster2 wrote:]Man you can believe how much I hate EA atm.
Jeez dude, chill out and try to get things in perspective before jumping to conclusions. Yes the game isn't perfect, but you're too ready to blame every perceived problem on EA before you've really thought about the true causes.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Well maybe those all aren't so popular bugs, but that CD-key thingy happened to my friend too. It doesn't actually matter that much to me anymore, does game disconnect or not, because it is full of cheaters.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I dispute that too - in fact you're more likely to find that they're just faster than you, and once again, you're jumping to conclusions. There is always someone better.

In my experience, I've seen cheaters definitely, but they are far less common than most people would have everyone else believe. People don't fully realise the huge differences that performance tuning and good old practice can make to their race times, choosing simply to believe that they've gone as far as it's possible to go. Of course, when they do come across someone who IS faster - well, they MUST be cheating, right? Wrong. (Most of the time).
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I cant enter my cd key again, someone stole my key!!!
because in the moment i try to write the key, it says: CD KEY REGISTRATION FAILED!
a,d then it returns to cd key menu...

im going to call ea...
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

I had the same trouble xturbo and didn't get much joy from EA Support. Did you download the game via EA Link / EA Downloader?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

GT3x24x7 wrote:I had the same trouble xturbo and didn't get much joy from EA Support. Did you download the game via EA Link / EA Downloader?
no i bought it...
i have the damn box and manual etc...it's the CE!!!
but i dont really care, b/c is just few time i can get connected to internet with MY PC, but i dont really care, i can play the game offline, i use it to tune cars....np at all....but, they stole my cd key!!! who??? IDK but he/she will die!!! :twisted:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Hmm yeah, it's sure looks like someone shafted you. A call to EA could help in that case.

In my case (I have an EA Link version), the problem turned out to be that I needed to log in to EA Nation (in the game) with my EA Link logon, rather than the regular EA Nation logon I use all the time in game. As soon as I tried that, the CD Key validation error message disappeared and I was able to play online again.

Return to “Help & Support”