Can't play online

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
chrismokvack
Ricer
Ricer

Can't play online

Post by chrismokvack »

When I try to play online the game tells me to update it even though I have installed 1.4 patch. I have forwarded all ports that are used for online play in my router.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

1.4 patch is for vista users. 1.3 is the online patch for non-vista users.
Driv2Slow
chrismokvack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chrismokvack »

I use vista. I don't need to install the 1.3 patch before I install the 1.4 patch do i?
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

Since I dont have (or want) Vista, I'll let prince answer that question.
Driv2Slow
chrismokvack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chrismokvack »

Actually I just tried to install the 1.3 patch and then the game wouldn't run at all. I see why you don't want Vista... it has only been causing trouble since I installed it. I think I will switch back to XP.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't have Vista either, so I have no idea. And since the 1.4 patch came with no further instructions, there's no way I can tell you for sure. I suggest you install patch 1.3 and then patch 1.4. Post you results here, so any other lost souls like you can get their question answered.
chrismokvack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chrismokvack »

prince1142003 wrote:I suggest you install patch 1.3 and then patch 1.4.

That's what I did mate, and then the game wouldn't run at all. Funny thing is the game runs flawless (in single player) with no patch at all. The game isn't supposed to run on Vista at all unless it's patched to 1.4 or so I have been told.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

So go back to XP or whatever you had before and then put 1.3 on.
Driv2Slow
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

People have gotten the game to run on Vista without patch 1.4. What do you think people did when Vista first came out? They didn't just sit around and wait for a nonexistant patch.

I suggest you browse the Hardware and Software forum and see if you can find a user who has Vista. PM him or her asking if he or she has Carbon. And then, just proceed from there.
chrismokvack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by chrismokvack »

Driv2Slow wrote:So go back to XP or whatever you had before and then put 1.3 on.
Yope that was my original plan lest I'd receive help here, which I didn't. So I tried to run it on XP and the game works flawlessly online. Though it annoys me that I will have to switch to XP every time I wish to play Carbon, but I guess it's better than not being able to play the game at all.

Return to “Help & Support”