What tuning settings to use on Camaro SS vs Darius?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Carbon.
Be sure to search first!
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

What tuning settings to use on Camaro SS vs Darius?

Post by ElvenAvenger »

I am going for the 1 million challenge, and that means i cant really buy cars. All i have is Kenji's stock RX-7 which obviously will require tuning to beat Darius...besides, i beat 99% of the game with Camaro SS, all i cant win is the final Canyon race.

So which settings should i use?
(parts set for acceleration/handling/top speed/grip/drift etc)
Right now i just cant get enough points to reach the finish line in the second run.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: What tuning settings to use on Camaro SS vs Darius?

Post by Andre_online »

I've used a Lotus Elise to complete all challenges until the final Canyon with Darius, where I used an Evo.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok, but he's asking how to beat Darius *with the Camaro*..

TBH I'm not sure it's possible, but good luck.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hah! I second that. :p
lulz
Stock
Stock

Post by lulz »

I know this thread is actually dead but some day, some kid can ask the same question I asked google moments ago, because I was just curious if I am the only sick bastard that wanted to beat the entire game with Tier 1 car, which obviously was the Camaro (yay, I love oversteer ;] ).

I did it. The only things I bought, not counting window tint, paint, etc. (dunno what for, as I drove through entire game with "bumper camera" :D) were upgrades. I even forgot to upgrade suspension and I did it just before the final race, lol.

Settings? Maximum oversteer, drift tyres, gearbox - maximum acceleration, brakes - 100% on front, supercharger - maximum revs, engine - horsepower (by the way - it's dumb to select between torque and hp, as hp comes from torque multiplied by rpm, but... nevermind)

Setting supercharger to maximum revs is risky, as dropping below 5krpm on 2nd gear on Camaro creates a big problem on the canyon chicane jest before the "downhill madness". The 1st gear is too short and in 2nd in the low revs the car doesn't seem to have any power.

So you have 2 choices: either set supercharger to max and learn how to drive around the canyon fluently or lower the setting and deal with lack of power in the higher revs - which is a pain in the ass in this already weak car.

I recommend the 1st option - being fluent here is crucial. If you have to drop to 1st gear somewhere, you already lost.
If you're the one that goes like "I'm gonna hit that wall and bounce off at 200kph", you'll definitely lose.
If you drive an AT... well, I don't know why you're reading this. You have absolutely no chance of winning with Tier 1 car, even like Camaro SS not using manual transmission, as AT, for example, will definitely shift to next gear while you should stay on the redline just because getting 1kph faster would mean falling from the cliff. Also - braking with engine/gears is way better because you don't lose steering.

Besides that: drift when you can. Tight corners have to be drifted through. As physics states - t=s/v, so either you raise your average velocity or you shorten the road you travel - and that works even for an arcade game like NFS:C. The best option is to do both at the same time - and again - it's crucial to maintain high average velocity, as Audi does accelerate better and has a higher "Vmax".

Some numbers:
-finishing with 110-115k points will give you a chance to win when you're the mouse (the best score I got was 120-something k - not something to be proud of, but who cares? it's all about the fun after all...).
-on the last chicane you should have about 15-25k points, because even if you go down and throw 6th gear, you'll have to shift down to 3rd just before the bridge, otherwise you'll go at 150kph+ off the cliff, just before the last "stretch". I'd bet it's impossible to get down to finish line and win if you have below 15k, as this red bumbumhead will get to your boot when you brake and shift down not to fall off - and when he does, whole fun goes to hell in a blink of an eye.

I added an attachment - you can see credits and Camaro on the bottom. As far as I can remember, the car you've finished your game with is there when credits are displayed. I didn't record anything, the only things I have are screenshots and save file :)

As you can see - it took me some time to win (and I had plenty of luck, because braking too soon before the bridge had cost me few thousand points, but finally I managed to bring some to the finish line :) ), so if it doesn't work after 10th, 20th or 30th time, don't give up! Rest a bit, and try again - being nervous means you'll make mistakes, and you won't win basing on pure luck :)
Attachments
NFS:C finished w/Camaro SS
NFS:C finished w/Camaro SS
Brahman
Stock
Stock

Post by Brahman »

Here are the settings I used to beat Darius with the Camaro SS: Engine - 100% to horsepower, transmission - 100% to acceleration, suspension - 25%:75% oversteer to underster, tires - drift, supercharger - 100% to higher RPM. Everything I didn't mention - brakes, nitrous ( there is no nitro in the canyon duel ) is by default - in the middle. I made a video capture of the game /watch?v=BgTcLdmyFuA&feature=youtu.be - and enter the youtube url in front of it, cause I am not allowed to post URL's yet since I am a new user.
And oh, to those who believe it is impossible with AT - yeah, it IS possible, I've done this with AT transmission.

Return to “Help & Support”