For people who know hex edit

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Reilsss wrote:Out of curiose do any of you may know how to enhance the career garage car limit ? from 10 to something like 20 or more? Personal I think it is impossible but who knows may it is possible?
When we can add cars direct to the garage we might be able to have more cars as we did in Most Wanted.
peeter90
Ricer
Ricer

Post by peeter90 »

Does anybody know where are the tuning stuff is located in a savegame? One more question: How the game knows which car is sold, because when i sell a car, it still keeps the data for it. How long exactily is a car code(how many bytes)?
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

Ceano wrote:
Reilsss wrote:Out of curiose do any of you may know how to enhance the career garage car limit ? from 10 to something like 20 or more? Personal I think it is impossible but who knows may it is possible?
When we can add cars direct to the garage we might be able to have more cars as we did in Most Wanted.
Like you did in MW ???? Ummm to understand this slowly:
You go as example for the code of a Kongisegg or a 911 Turbo or what ever, and change this 20 10 or what ever it is, into a 02 or a 42 ????? save the game then, reload the game and savegame and enjoy 20 or 30 cars in the careerer menu ?????
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Reilsss wrote:
Ceano wrote:
You go as example for the code of a Kongisegg or a 911 Turbo or what ever, and change this 20 10 or what ever it is, into a 02 or a 42 ????? save the game then, reload the game and savegame and enjoy 20 or 30 cars in the careerer menu ?????
I don't know if it works exactly as it did in MW because i haven't tried it yet, what i did mean that when some one is coming up with an solution how to do it then we can have more cars like in MW.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

Ceano wrote:
Reilsss wrote:
Ceano wrote: When we can add cars direct to the garage we might be able to have more cars as we did in Most Wanted.
I don't know if it works exactly as it did in MW because i haven't tried it yet, what i did mean that when some one is coming up with an solution how to do it then we can have more cars like in MW.
I just buyed and pinksliped as many cars out as I can game wise, then I tryed to add another car via the memory hacking.... and it crashed the game. so It loosk like the game do not enjoy it when I add on that way more car sinto my garage <..< "I fish they would allow at last so many cars as in MW... 6/9 is like noting by the hug option you can have!
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Reilsss wrote:
Ceano wrote:
Reilsss wrote: Like you did in MW ???? Ummm to understand this slowly:
I just buyed and pinksliped as many cars out as I can game wise, then I tryed to add another car via the memory hacking.... and it crashed the game. so It loosk like the game do not enjoy it when I add on that way more car sinto my garage <..< "I fish they would allow at last so many cars as in MW... 6/9 is like noting by the hug option you can have!
Well it's EA you are talking about, they do as they please.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

Ceano wrote:
Reilsss wrote:
Ceano wrote: I don't know if it works exactly as it did in MW because i haven't tried it yet, what i did mean that when some one is coming up with an solution how to do it then we can have more cars like in MW.
Well it's EA you are talking about, they do as they please.
true true but I still like to say that I do noooooooooooot like it heh may one day its fixed but I doubt it. Thanks for your advice
Eestlane1337
Stock
Stock

Post by Eestlane1337 »

I'm bad in english, so I still don't understand how to hex. I have read all the posts and tutorial but I don't get it.
So can some1 explain me by pictures how to hex or just host 100% savegame where are all cars in car lot.
The Save Game would be easier, i can unlock all the parts and get money, so these thing wont be problem.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

&#946; Test

Post by prince1142003 »

β TEST

The following attachment has some savegames you all may like. They work on my computer perfectly, but they need to be beta tested before a I can say that they work on all computers.

Exotics: All exotic cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 100%
Tuners: All tuner cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 100%
Muscles:All muscle cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 100%
ExoticsAtStart: All exotic cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 0%
TunersAtStart: All tuner cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 0%
MusclesAtStart: All muscle cars in the game in My Cars and the Safehouse. Game Completion 0%

You will need to use gnagna2000's Unlocker to load these savegames. Please follow these steps EXACTLY:
1. Launch NFSC
2. At the Click to Continue screen, Alt+Tab out to the desktop
3. Run gnagna2000's Unlocker
4. Choose the option Load ANY savegame
5. Alt+Tab back into the game and load the savegame
6. Alt+Tab out and clear the option Load ANY savegame in the Unlocker
7. Alt+Tab back into the game and from the Main Menu, choose Career, the Save
8. You only need to do steps 2-7 if it's the first time you're loading a savegame. Otherwise, skip to step 9
9. Alt+Tab back out and choose the option Unlock all Series Cars/Upgrades in the Unlocker
10. Go to My Cars to make sure all the cars are there. Now go to your Safehouse and you should have all the cars available to drive.

You will need to do step 9 everytime you load these savegames, otherwise all the cars won't be there in the career Safehouse

Oh, and this was only tested on US versions of the Collector's Edition. If you have another version and you encounter problems, please let me know. You will need the Collector's Edition otherwise these saves won't work at all.

EDIT:
Archive updated with a readme.
Attachments
Customs.zip
(155.77 KiB) Downloaded 620 times
Last edited by prince1142003 on 21 Nov 2006, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

hi prince1142003 your savegame collection is a bit weird. or the using of the tool is weird

I tryed first this costum savegame pack like discripted, when I check in career mode are a few exotic cars missed
like Pagani BMW etc. but they still in MyCars avalible.
I did thouch latter found your older "AExotic" file upload on the forum (I think it was the one you made a brake thougth with, and with that one where all the special cars liek pagani or bmw avalible.... so I did not know rigth. "Did I mess up something or where something with the savegames wrong"

Anyhow its a nice upgrading.... I wonder now, if its possible to have instace 3 savegames, one big savegame that contains all cars ?
And or if there somewhere a tut that descripts well how to do it with your own savegame.
I'm not dumb myself sinces I enabled all bonus cars for 'buying' in the career car lot (onces they where unlocked by traineer), and so far things where descripted I can understand too, but I#m not sure where in that long hex stream of the car comes up the career mode slot?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Reilsss wrote:I tryed first this costum savegame pack like discripted, when I check in career mode are a few exotic cars missed
I did thouch latter found your older "AExotic" file upload on the forum (I think it was the one you made a brake thougth with, and with that one where all the special cars liek pagani or bmw avalible.... so I did not know rigth. "Did I mess up something or where something with the savegames wrong"
You missed Step 9 in my instructions. The cars that aren't unlockable through normal means will show up in My Cars. But to get them to show up in Career, you need to do Step 9 in my instructions. This applies to all saves as each class has a few cars that aren't unlockable through normal gameplay.
Reilsss wrote:Anyhow its a nice upgrading.... I wonder now, if its possible to have instace 3 savegames, one big savegame that contains all cars ?
It could be possible, I don't know. Thing is, there would have to be 54 + 3 + 4 tuning slots available in the savegame. I haven't checked yet to see where it maxxes out.
Reilsss wrote:And or if there somewhere a tut that descripts well how to do it with your own savegame.
I'm not dumb myself sinces I enabled all bonus cars for 'buying' in the career car lot (onces they where unlocked by traineer), and so far things where descripted I can understand too, but I'm not sure where in that long hex stream of the car comes up the career mode slot?
If you really want a tutorial, I can PM you one. It's pretty simple once you have it figured out.
buljo0
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by buljo0 »

Could you pm it to me please?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It really will be much easier once I finish the guide. Expect it next week.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

prince1142003 wrote:It really will be much easier once I finish the guide. Expect it next week.
if you use winrar best compression it will only be 60KB :)
or
best compression with 7-zip 60KB

1/3 the size

Just a heads up
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

GodSpeed wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:It really will be much easier once I finish the guide. Expect it next week.
I was referring to the explanation of my method, which is almost impossible without graphics.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

prince1142003 wrote:
GodSpeed wrote:
I was referring to the explanation of my method, which is almost impossible without graphics.
I understood, I was just letting you know, it's no big deal.
Reilsss
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reilsss »

prince1142003 wrote:
Reilsss wrote:I tryed first this costum savegame pack like discripted, when I check in career mode are a few exotic cars missed
You missed Step 9 in my instructions. The cars that aren't unlockable through normal means will show up in My Cars. But to get them to show up in Career, you need to do Step 9 in my instructions. This applies to all saves as each class has a few cars that aren't unlockable through normal gameplay.
Reilsss wrote:Anyhow its a nice upgrading.... I wonder now, if its possible to have instace 3 savegames, one big savegame that contains all cars ?
It could be possible, I don't know. Thing is, there would have to be 54 + 3 + 4 tuning slots available in the savegame. I haven't checked yet to see where it maxxes out.
Reilsss wrote:And or if there somewhere a tut that descripts well how to do it with your own savegame.
I'm not dumb myself sinces I enabled all bonus cars for 'buying' in the career car lot (onces they where unlocked by traineer), and so far things where descripted I can understand too, but I'm not sure where in that long hex stream of the car comes up the career mode slot?
If you really want a tutorial, I can PM you one. It's pretty simple once you have it figured out.
actually I did do step 9 on both save games...... that was what made me so weird.. because as example the CCX and LP640 wwhere instantly there without big deal (and you have to unlock the Lp640 as example as well like the BMW

but thanks for the info.... I think I wait till next week then no hurry to go i think.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmmm, it's odd that the Zonda won't show up in your Safehouse. Try using the second option on the Unlocker, the one that says Unlock All Cars *. Be warned though, it may crash your game.
I'm finding this really really wierd, and so this has my interest for now. Everything's working perfectly on my end, so I don't know what could be wrong. The Pagani's showing up in My Cars?
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

prince1142003 wrote:Hmmm, it's odd that the Zonda won't show up in your Safehouse. Try using the second option on the Unlocker, the one that says Unlock All Cars *. Be warned though, it may crash your game.
I'm finding this really really wierd, and so this has my interest for now. Everything's working perfectly on my end, so I don't know what could be wrong. The Pagani's showing up in My Cars?
prince1142003's (savegames)

If you use both options on the unlocker to unlock cars it crashes, but if you use 1st option it's fine. So from now on everyone should only use (Unlock Series Cars/Upgrades)... It Crashes when you use Unlock all cars... So the only option you can use on these savegames would be (Unlock Series Cars/Upgrades).. This is on my end so maybe others my try this also.

Weird to me, would have thought it wouldn't matter, but it does on my end at least.

One bad thing here is if you sell a car you will most likly loose all cars that are linked. So instead of just loosing one you might loose many cars at the same time.

prince1142003: Me & gnagna2000 were trying to find a way to edit the save so you don't have to use the unlocker to have all the cars. Have not found a way yet. This I think would be a Breakthrough :)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yes, please use ONLY the first option in the Unlocker. I think I've been saying that all along.

DO NOT sell any car. You WILL experience a game crash.

@GodSpeed
The Unlock All Cars option has always caused a crash.

One way to accomplish what you and gnagna2000 are trying to do is to "fake" the game into thinking you have a car that should be unlocked. Look at the car hex codes, and you'll see that a lot of them have 8 bytes that repeat. The first of these 8, at least in Most Wanted, controlled the car brand. In Most Wanted, you could replace this first part with another car's and still keep the original car. Just the brand was changed. This tricked the game into thinking you had a different car than you actually did, and if that car was unlocked, so was your modded one. You could try it and see if it works for Carbon.
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

i came to this result (lazy way i know :p)
the game itself know which car can be unlocked and are playable in career mode, those datas are stored ingame and obviously, such data wouldn't be stored in savegame, so any change to the file will no work
it could be this, or not
but i won't dig any farther, using an unlocker isn't that inconvenient
(and you don't have to alt tab to use the trainer, use ALT+number to toogle options)

oh prince, can you post an example ? thanks
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

gnagna2000 wrote:i came to this result (lazy way i know :p)
the game itself know which car can be unlocked and are playable in career mode, those datas are stored ingame and obviously, such data wouldn't be stored in savegame, so any change to the file will no work
it could be this, or not
but i won't dig any farther, using an unlocker isn't that inconvenient
(and you don't have to alt tab to use the trainer, use ALT+number to toogle options)

oh prince, can you post an example ? thanks
But if the game itself know which car can be unlocked and are playable in career mode isn't it then easy to do a trainer that removes that and unlocks everything ones and for all?
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

isn't that what i did already ?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

gnagna2000 wrote:oh prince, can you post an example ? thanks
Gladly. Let's look at an example. We need two hex codes.

Camaro SS

Code: Select all

19459490 19459490
Camaro Concept

75D7DF4F 00A497C0
Notice that I've broken the hexcode up into two parts. In Most Wanted, the first part controlled the car brand and the second part, the car model itself. In Most Wanted, you could change the car brand of a locked car to an unlocked car, and the game would be fooled into unlocking the locked car. I don't know if this applies to Carbon, but it's worth a shot.
So, after taking the first part from Camaro SS and second part from Camaro Concept, the new hexcode for the Camaro Concept would be

19459490 00A497C0
Hope that clears it up somewhat.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

prince1142003 wrote:
gnagna2000 wrote:oh prince, can you post an example ? thanks
Gladly. Let's look at an example. We need two hex codes.

Camaro SS

19459490 19459490
Camaro Concept

75D7DF4F 00A497C0
Notice that I've broken the hexcode up into two parts. In Most Wanted, the first part controlled the car brand and the second part, the car model itself. In Most Wanted, you could change the car brand of a locked car to an unlocked car, and the game would be fooled into unlocking the locked car. I don't know if this applies to Carbon, but it's worth a shot.
So, after taking the first part from Camaro SS and second part from Camaro Concept, the new hexcode for the Camaro Concept would be

19459490 00A497C0
Hope that clears it up somewhat.
tried this! it won't load the save even with the unlocker, this must be a invalid call to the savegame file.

Thanks for the example Prince.... It was worth a shot anyways

Return to “Editing”