NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
DMD068
Stock
Stock

Post by DMD068 »

prince1142003 wrote:Download gnagna2000's trainer (google her name) and download her unlocker. Then use the option Load Any Savegame to load the game. Then a resave should fix things.
Thanks, your Post worked perfectly. :D
SLJ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SLJ »

can some1 tell me hw to work?
because i copy and paste the info that was give on the first page, it can't work and it give me so many others
can some1 make a video pls?
Hizack
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Hizack »

I just want to know the code for Cross' Chevrolet Corvette.

The following is a list of codes listed in this thread or wiki, but none of them work:
CF82E522 CBCC497A
C4053AF9 CBCC497A
C4053AF9 928F0F95
C4053AF9 6D807CD3

thx
yakuza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yakuza »

Hizack wrote:I just want to know the code for Cross' Chevrolet Corvette.

The following is a list of codes listed in this thread or wiki, but none of them work:
CF82E522 CBCC497A
C4053AF9 CBCC497A
C4053AF9 928F0F95
C4053AF9 6D807CD3

thx
the codes don't work because you have to replace an existing car code
SwigriD
Stock
Stock

Post by SwigriD »

Is there any chance to change vinyl on BMW? And use vinyls like on other cars? I've got it in ma garage already... What I can change is only color, but blue strips stay as they are, just blue
Cool-spot
Ricer
Ricer

Rim Codes

Post by Cool-spot »

Hy Guys!
I would need carbon rim hexcodes :) Cuz i would like to have the Camaro Concept wheels on my Dodge Challenger Concept :)
Could Anyone help? Plz :$
gatman105
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gatman105 »

If I add or replace a car can i mod it?... i mean say if i was to add the BMW M3 GTR could mod it?... The works, body kits, wheels, vinyls, spoilers etc.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

No. Bodykits and such wernt made for the car, so it would have none. Spoilers for the M3 just overlap the original one. But wheels, vinyls and most other things do work for some reason :S
NFSC_Pro
Ricer
Ricer

NEED Help PLease

Post by NFSC_Pro »

ok i need alot of help with this, i am having a problem chaniging the vinyls on the M3 GTR in need for speed carbon , i was wondering if someone can help me with that, i have tsearch and Hex Workshop, i know how to use tsearch to an extent, but i have no idea how to use HEx Workshop, i was wondering if some one could recomend a HEXediting program me so i can learn how to use it. I was also wondering if someone can give me step-by-step instructions on how to change the vinyls on the M3, because that is by far my most favorite car in the game . Please respond to this A.S.A.P
Rosu Cartof
Ricer
Ricer

Re: NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Post by Rosu Cartof »

how can i hex edit some car vinyls. i tried the way i do with cars but does not work. help please. :cry:
taz947
Professional
Professional

Post by taz947 »

Welcome to the forums!!More Romanians here...
U can check some tutorials that some members posted them.Or u can download a complete hex-edited savegame.
GothicDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GothicDrifter »

How do i replace the brera with the car i want? :oops:
You Dare to resist me?

Then you Dare to Die!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Refer to the instructions given on the first page of this topic. :)
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

I hope this is not a redundant question but here goes.
First off thank you for the guide on editing the save file using a hex editor. It works WONDERFULLY and has helped me a lot. I love the toyota carolla. I have been having fun playing with it in the game. The only problem I have is that it is not customizable as far as performance. I want a better engine and I want to customize the tires and increase the turbo and things like that. I have seen the two different versions of the carolla (white and red) Niether of them can change that. Thank you in advance

Edit* 08/10
I have been playing around with the hex editor with this car. I have found that when I go down to the part where it has the 02 code for being in my garage it has the 01 for tuner then 00 then the 08 (which seems to be when it is painted another color) then the FF of course then the 0000. The thing I did find however, with the next set of numbers. (2303) if you change that to match another car, when you take it into the customization it turns the car into that car and freezes the game. I also found that when you change that number it takes away the whole body of the car. Also, when it takes away the body and leaves the doors and things if you have added any vinyls you can kind of see those. I will continue playing with it till I can figure out what is different and how to unlock a way to adjust the cars performance. I have read the guide a few times for MW and the information in there about finding the tuning slot for the car I have found won't work with Carbon. The other thing I found is that 2303 number seems to be a sequencial number that is used to identify cars.
magnet14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by magnet14 »

Maybe someone can make a tool that changes the HEX's by using dropdowns. Like this:

Slot1: |Mazda RX-8|V|
Slot2: |Lamborghini Gallardo|V|
etc...
NeedForSpeedLover
Stock
Stock

Post by NeedForSpeedLover »

But How Do I REPLACE IT :evil:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

dalamar23666 wrote:I have been playing around with the hex editor with this car. I have found that when I go down to the part where it has the 02 code for being in my garage it has the 01 for tuner then 00 then the 08 (which seems to be when it is painted another color) then the FF of course then the 0000. The thing I did find however, with the next set of numbers. (2303) if you change that to match another car, when you take it into the customization it turns the car into that car and freezes the game. I also found that when you change that number it takes away the whole body of the car. Also, when it takes away the body and leaves the doors and things if you have added any vinyls you can kind of see those. I will continue playing with it till I can figure out what is different and how to unlock a way to adjust the cars performance. I have read the guide a few times for MW and the information in there about finding the tuning slot for the car I have found won't work with Carbon. The other thing I found is that 2303 number seems to be a sequencial number that is used to identify cars.
I appreciate what you're trying to do, but the fact is that EA never intended for those cars to be customized. As a result, they're missing performance files etc. The method you happen to have stumbled upon involves telling the game that to use a different car's performance file instead of the current car. As you have discovered, this crashes the game. This is because each car's performance file corresponds with the car's code. If they don't match, the game doesn't know what to do, so it crashes.

I believe the 2023 sequence number that you've discovered points to the customization slot, but I'm not entirely sure. If it's something that hasn't been discovered before, by all means, continue your efforts!
NeedForSpeedLover wrote:But How Do I REPLACE IT :evil:
Could you clarify? We're not mind readers.
mustangman06
Stock
Stock

Post by mustangman06 »

Does anyone know if there is a program like TSearch for OS X? I'm currently playing NFS: Carbon on my MacBook Pro and I'm pissed that I can't play the 911 Turbo or 911 GT3 RS in the game. I was hoping there would be a way to replace the Hex Codes in OSX as well.
clarinetmaster
Stock
Stock

NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Post by clarinetmaster »

I dont know how to search on Tsearch
jeffr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffr »

I can get Cop Z06, (C4053AF9 928F0F95 Palmont PD2) into career mode, but once I do this, the car select feature stops working. Adding it to "My Cars" works just fine. I used a trainer to unlock all cars and parts, and bought it from a shop. Afterwards, in career mode, the car appears and works just fint, but if you click on car select, the Palmont PD2 dissappears, and you can't reselect it, except by reloading career save. Any ideas on how to get it into career mode so that it doesn't break the car select feature?
PieLighter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PieLighter »

hello, i'm new here
i have a few problems

1)when i tried to hex the audi r8 into the car shop, it worked fine. but, when i bought darius's audi, i came out with the grey one. what's going on? :?

2)the same thing happened with the cross corvette. :cry:

3) i want to be able to tune the bmw m3 gtr like a normal car. the strange thing is (it may not be strange to you, cparty, prince, godspeed, ceano etc) that i can change the paint colour, but if i try to add a vinyl, it doesn't show up in the preview. :? i want to be able to fully tune this car (i'm not worried about performance. i'm talking about visuals and aftermarket). i just hope that this won't involve complicated hex-editing... the most i can do is import cars that don't have a stock counterpart (e.g the cross corvette is a tuned up corvette, but the pagani zonda, koenigsegg ccx and bmw m3 gtr come pre-tuned[sorry if not well explained])

4)no trainers work with my version of carbon (patch 1.4, normal version) i also had to crack it because i lost the cd #-o

Sorry if my post is a bit long!
Extremely sorry if these questions have been posted by someone else... :oops:
Thanks in advance,
PieLighter

P.S Thanks to cparty for the coptermover program =D> (sorry if off-topic)
I am always watching you...
I have a BMW M3 GTR.
PieLighter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PieLighter »

jeffr wrote:I can get Cop Z06, (C4053AF9 928F0F95 Palmont PD2) into career mode, but once I do this, the car select feature stops working. Adding it to "My Cars" works just fine. I used a trainer to unlock all cars and parts, and bought it from a shop. Afterwards, in career mode, the car appears and works just fint, but if you click on car select, the Palmont PD2 dissappears, and you can't reselect it, except by reloading career save. Any ideas on how to get it into career mode so that it doesn't break the car select feature?
I hex-edited the palmont pd2 into the car shop and it worked fine...
Trainers aren't always the best method of cheating...
First you want to download TSearch. It is an application that can edit programs that are running (even those in your system tray) in hexidecimal mode.
Once installed, click 'Open Process'. Select NFSC.exe (NFS Carbon needs to be running!). Click OK.
Then, click Hex Editor.
Then, in the HView window, click the fifth button from the left.
Search for C4053AF9928F0F95 (or whatever the carcode is).
Click Find.
Then, click the circled button again.
This time, type 10 after the code in the find box. After that, paste the code into the replace box. Then, instead of typing 10 after the code, type 11. This will place the Cop Corvette in the Car Shop and keep it in Custom (the place where it was originally).
Switch back to Carbon, but DO NOT CLOSE TSEARCH!
Go to the CarLot.
You should find the Cop Corvette Z06 in the Tier 3 section if you look.
Buy the Corvette.
Exit the CarLot and go to the SafeHouse.
Then, just to make sure, exit career mode and save it (so you won't have to go through all of this again).
You can now close TSearch.

Hope this extremely long post helped. :)
PieLighter
Last edited by PieLighter on 22 Dec 2008, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
I have a BMW M3 GTR.
PieLighter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PieLighter »

I have another problem.
When I replaced the Brera's code (D43C67F8 D43C67F8 01) with the code for the metal ball car (C4053AF9 ........ 01) the metal ball didn't appear and the brera disappeared aswell. can someone help me?
I have a BMW M3 GTR.
jeffareid
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by jeffareid »

PieLighter wrote:
jeffr wrote:I can get Cop Z06, (C4053AF9 928F0F95 Palmont PD2) into career mode, but once I do this, the car select feature stops working. Adding it to "My Cars" works just fine.
I hex-edited the palmont pd2 into the car shop and it worked fine ...
Except that's the wrong Palmont PD2. The fast one has minimal performance bars, but it's the fastest car in the game. The problem seems to be related to that specific car.

A video of the fast Cop Z06 at Condo Row:

http://jeffareid.net/nfsc/nccrcz6.wmv
PieLighter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PieLighter »

jeffareid wrote:
PieLighter wrote:
jeffr wrote:I can get Cop Z06, (C4053AF9 928F0F95 Palmont PD2) into career mode, but once I do this, the car select feature stops working. Adding it to "My Cars" works just fine.
I hex-edited the palmont pd2 into the car shop and it worked fine ...
Except that's the wrong Palmont PD2. The fast one has minimal performance bars, but it's the fastest car in the game. The problem seems to be related to that specific car.

A video of the fast Cop Z06 at Condo Row:

http://jeffareid.net/nfsc/nccrcz6.wmv
Can you post it on YouTube and PM me the link?
Also, I think I know what Z06 you are on about, but since I can't play online with my PC... I had to crack NFSC because I lost the disc lol. That's why I can't use trainers. Oh well.
I have a BMW M3 GTR.

Return to “Editing”