NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

ah thanks, i thought my game was screwed
why people are saying that we need online xp to unlock this card, i just don't understand :/
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

gnagna2000 wrote:it works with 1.2/1.3 actually
It crashes the game for me every time I'm in the car shop and browsing around the cars :( I'm using v1.3 of Carbon, think that I'm reverting back to v1.2 thinks that more stable than v1.3 (EA and there useless patches).
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Ok gnagna, i used your unlocker, but the unlocker bought cars only appear when unlocker options are on. I had them available all the time in my first rpofile but don't know how to get it to do that.

,Thnx from Turbocharger
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

i didn't change the unlocker, it's still the same, it will not unlock it so that you can save in your savegame
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Ceano wrote:
It crashes the game for me every time I'm in the car shop and browsing around the cars :( I'm using v1.3 of Carbon, think that I'm reverting back to v1.2 thinks that more stable than v1.3 (EA and there useless patches).
Well it still crashes when i brows the cars in the car shop even with v1.2 :(
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

it crashes with which option activated ?
itay1r
Ricer
Ricer

Post by itay1r »

Ceano wrote:
Ceano wrote:
guys just press f1 in the unlocker and read the instructions... you wont have any crashes because of the unlocker if u do it right.
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Gna i mean when I buy cars in the Career Car Shop with your unlocker on my new profile and out of my cars in my garage in Career, the unlocker bought cars (Dodge Challenger, Plymouth Roadrunner) only appear when the unlock all cars and/or unlock all normal cars option is on. If not, they don't appear in my garage. But in my first profile when i bought a Camaro Concept, it stayed. What the hell is going on?
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

to buy special cars that can't be purchased in career mode you have to enable "unlock everything" to be able to buy them
while you're in your select car screen, DO NOT enable "unlock everything" or the game will crash but to see these cars you HAVE TO enable "unlock series cars" to be able to see them
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Yes but I've had it once were i didn't have to have unlock series cars activated, it was there all the time. Can't I do that in any way, cause I know it's possible
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

gnagna2000 wrote:it crashes with which option activated ?
Well for some reason it works now, hope that it will hold on like that ;)
itay1r wrote:
Ceano wrote:
Ceano wrote: It crashes the game for me every time I'm in the car shop and browsing around the cars :( I'm using v1.3 of Carbon, think that I'm reverting back to v1.2 thinks that more stable than v1.3 (EA and there useless patches).
guys just press f1 in the unlocker and read the instructions... you wont have any crashes because of the unlocker if u do it right.
Duh....I have being using trainers and editing/hack programs for a long long time so i know how to use them.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Hmm, I've been thinking and I came to that, that why don't we hex-edit geometry.bin's with Hex Workshop if we want to hex-edit like BMW? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to straightly edit geometry, instead of editing savegames all the time. Or is it so, that we can't fix checksum on geometry.bins?
Pelder
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Pelder »

I have a problem with Tsearch. I start Carbon and go to windows without closing the game and open Tsearch and click the Open Process button and then select nfs.exe, but then nothing happens. What i do wrong?
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Pelder wrote:I have a problem with Tsearch. I start Carbon and go to windows without closing the game and open Tsearch and click the Open Process button and then select nfs.exe, but then nothing happens. What i do wrong?
After that click on the Hex Editor button/icon.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Finalmaster2 wrote:Hmm, I've been thinking and I came to that, that why don't we hex-edit geometry.bin's with Hex Workshop if we want to hex-edit like BMW? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to straightly edit geometry, instead of editing savegames all the time. Or is it so, that we can't fix checksum on geometry.bins?
Ah young padowan, patience. Bin files have a compression on them, so we can't just go in and edit them. Until a decompressor and recompressor is found, editing BIN files is out of the question.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

im thinking is it possible that switch Cross' car's texture (car code C4053AF9 6D807CD3, you need replace an existed car code with this one) onto the normal police interceptor?
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

prince1142003, oh, ok, I just got in to the GEOMETRY.BIN with Hex Workshop but if we can't (yet) fix them then. :D

specter01, yes, I think we can do that now also on NFSC. Do these steps:

- go to Cross's TEXTURE.BIN, copy it and rename it as ORIGINAL_CROSS.BIN
- now go to Corvette Z06 TEXTURES.BIN, copy it and rename it as ORIGINAL_COP_Z06.BIN
- now swap those original BIN's to each others files (Cross's to COP Z06 and reverse)

In NFSMW we just used Arushan's MWTex and switched texturers and that was it. I'm not 100 % sure that this trick will work, it did work on me at MW though. I'm not also responsible for any damage in your game.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hahaha my MW is still like that. if we werent able to edit the geometry files in MW how are we going to in carbon ?
Kr0m3
Stock
Stock

cars in Carbon that arent in Carbon

Post by Kr0m3 »

some1, i think STAT-X asked if the CTS file was the same size as MW, and i have both currently installed, and no, they are not the same size. The carbon folder is several meg's larger than MW. it is also comparable to the sizes of working cars. this tells me that they are probably working, all we need to do is get a HEX for them. what do you guys think?
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Yeah I know. The carfiles from MW were about 8mb in size and the Carbon carfiles are about 20mb. But Carbon bonus cars are about 4mb and we know that those can only be slightly modded. However, those cars that are not in the game, like the CTS, are about 10mb ... so if we can get then in the game, you probably can't mod them fully.

Maybe you should try the carcodes from MW the get them in Carbon.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

darknight788, I didn't know, that we couldn't hex GEOMETRY.BIN's on MW either. :? But man it would be great if we could do it on MW and C. Oh well, maybe Arushan will figure something out for this. :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

rant {
  • Jeez if you're gonna mess with the game, at least get your terminology straight.

"Hex" is not a verb. It's not something you do to something else. Hex is short for hexadecimal, a 16-digit numbering system composed of the digits 0-9 and the letters A-F. It's a noun that describes the way binary files are presented by your editing software.

In fact, as you all know, all files are simply composed of ones and zeros at a low level. While it is possible to view and edit files displayed in binary, it's not a very human-friendly notation. Because of this, systems such as hexadecimal and octal (8 digits) were devised to make binary files more approachable to humans. It's still the same file, just displayed in a different way.

When you modify your game saves, you are simply EDITING the file, which just happens to be represented in hexadecimal notation. Please, don't call what you're doing "hexing", because all that does is screams out the fact that you are messing with things you don't really understand.

Apologies to the many that already knew and understood this. For everyone else, pay more attention in computer class!!
}
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Finalmaster2 wrote:darknight788, I didn't know, that we couldn't hex GEOMETRY.BIN's on MW either. :? But man it would be great if we could do it on MW and C. Oh well, maybe Arushan will figure something out for this. :D
You can use Zmodeler to extract 3d meshes from MW bin files, just google it.
Don't know if you're also able to import changes back into the files again, didn't use it that much.
I expect an update some time soon for Carbon bin files.

Anywayz, back to [1337]HeXXoR thar savegameZzZZzzz. Har har har[/1337]
Yeah, it just sounds much better then editing IMO :D
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

Finalmaster2 wrote:prince1142003, oh, ok, I just got in to the GEOMETRY.BIN with Hex Workshop but if we can't (yet) fix them then. :D

specter01, yes, I think we can do that now also on NFSC. Do these steps:

- go to Cross's TEXTURE.BIN, copy it and rename it as ORIGINAL_CROSS.BIN
- now go to Corvette Z06 TEXTURES.BIN, copy it and rename it as ORIGINAL_COP_Z06.BIN
- now swap those original BIN's to each others files (Cross's to COP Z06 and reverse)

In NFSMW we just used Arushan's MWTex and switched texturers and that was it. I'm not 100 % sure that this trick will work, it did work on me at MW though. I'm not also responsible for any damage in your game.

well, there are 3 cop interceptor folders. cop_sport, cop_sport_ghost, and cop_sport_hench. i copied sport_hench's texture file to cop_sport, which leads to textureless Cross car... i'm not sure which folder is the car that can be unlocked via reward cards...
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

spectre01 wrote:well, there are 3 cop interceptor folders. cop_sport, cop_sport_ghost, and cop_sport_hench. i copied sport_hench's texture file to cop_sport, which leads to textureless Cross car... i'm not sure which folder is the car that can be unlocked via reward cards...
As far as I know cop_sport_ghost is the undercover corvete (the black one), cop_sport_hench the normal cop corvette and cop_sport is Cross (not the one with the new look though). The Cross car which can be unlocked with reward cards is a normal CORVETTEZ06 using a vinyl (car slot in save: 49939502 4B95353B 33417A6E 08000F00 14FF0000 - the customization 14 contains the vinyl).
The vinyl code for Cross is 765F. It's a vinyl using the new carbon vinyl system (This means you can put it on every car in the game). It's not a texture vinyl as in MW (and the ones I was talking about in another thread for darius, gt3, bmw...).
I'll try to go into carbon vinyls when I find some time.

Greets
cparty

Return to “Editing”