NFS C Custom Vinyls

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
drftkng
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFS C Custom Vinyls

Post by drftkng »

I know the name of this topic sounds like another one of those "Can you make custom vinyls for Carbon" sort of post, but this isn't one.

Just out of my curiosity, I opened MWtex and tried to open vinyl files from Carbon. To my surprise, it actually opened, but there were no names and the rest of the columns were giberish. You could also export the files. Unfortunetly, my computer got a virus a month ago and I don't know what happened to my Photoshop, so I couldn't see if photoshop could open them. It would be great if someone could tell me. I just looked in the texture files. The vinyls in the car file don't really have anything inside them.

Thanks.
Attachments
MWtex.JPG
MWtex 2.JPG
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

Yeah, that is just a bug, it happened to me too. We can try to export vinyls from NFSC, but those won't open, Photoshop/etc; just gives out an error "Unknown texuter format", etc. We'll just have to wait if Cparty or Arushan, etc; decides to make some sort of importer & exporter for NFSC. Though I don't think that anyone is yet going to do one, 'cause NFSC has a lot more of vinyls than MW. MWTex was mostly made of because EA was really nasty and letted users to use only one vinyl in MW (at least this is my opinion).
blitzer83
Stock
Stock

Re: NFS C Custom Vinyls

Post by blitzer83 »

Hi there I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution on how to extract or import NFS:Carbon vinyls/decals yet, I'm attempting to do a customized design for work and thought using the game would allow the flexibility I needed in order to create a custom company vehicle design (since I don't have any photoshop skills etc).

Return to “Editing”