NFS Carbon: Additional Cars!!!

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

NFS Carbon: Additional Cars!!!

Post by MidnightCavi »

I have skills in using 3Ds Max. I have been using it since the R2 release way back when. If I could find a team mate here that would know how to perhaps get the models I make into the game, and tell me how to setup the textures to work in the game, then I could make the models. Preferably someone that is familiar with such things rather then just experimenting with something new. I will also need to know the max amount of polys i can use in such model, and as well need to know how many different parts and such for each car to make, to match the game. If the team work works as I'd like to see it to, I may even consider doing a Full conversion of Carbon over form the fake body kits to body kits and such that can be found in real life. Again, I model in max, and make textures. I need a coder. The following is a short list of cars i'd like to start working on.

-'88-'94 Chevrolet Cavalier
-'95-'02 Chevrolet Cavalier
-'68-'82 Chevrolet Corvette C3
-'84-'96 Chevrolet Corvette C4
-'97-'04 Chevrolet Corvette C5

-'90-'96 Nissan 300ZX Twin-Turbo
-'90-'96 Nissan 300ZX 2+2
-'89-'94 Nissan Silvia S13
-'94-'97 Nissan Silvia S14
-'98-'99 Nissan Silvia S15
-'92-'94 Nissan Skyline R-32
-'95-'95 Nissan Skyline R-33

-'87-'92 Toyota Supra MKIII Turbo
-'87-'92 Toyota Supra MKIII Non-Turbo

More list Ideas to come. By all means suggest some of your own if you so wish.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

I'm not aware of the ability to make Addons for Carbon yet, i don't know if arushan unlocked the stuff?
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

Thus the reason i need a coder to create such a way with a prog that can do such a thing. Arushan? That the guy who made the modena for MW right? Perhaps the same tactic can be used for carbon?

All i know is this. EA has veered far and hard from what it's NFS games used to be, and although the genre idea works, we need to bring back the modding capabilities to the NFS world. What better game then carbon, with it's street Tuner, muscle, and exotic mix. The only thing the game lacks from retail is the realism of the available visual mods. In my opinion they got the gameplay part close to right with the only absence being the original sounds form the cars in real life rather then one sound for muscle, one sound for tuner, and one sound for exotic. And of course the total lack of weight balancing in a game that supposed to be drift worthy. But then again PS2's F&F TD got almost everything right except for the hot wheels graphics and lack of weight ratio. of course i'm saying a handful here, and i'm proposing to do even more then a handful. Although it won't be an overnight project, however it would be a beautiful thing when complete. if not even offering ground breaking tools for other modders to be able to inact some of their creativity as well. :)
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

I think that as long as you are a modeler, and there's not yet a way found for Carbon, you could go to the NFSCars forum and show your models, and there's always somebody who'se willing to convert to MW.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

MidnightCavi, I can convert some of your cars to NFS;MW, if you like. I'd though want to see first some screens from your work so.

And for NFS:C-addons, no. Arushan told in NFSCars.net something like this: "I don't see any point to unlock Carbon." I can't remember correctly, but I think he mentioned something about not to unlock Carbon.
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

So as far as Carbon goes, we are all just waiting for ONE person too? and he doesn't want to? I fail to see how that would stop a true modder form achieving his goal, but ok. If Arushan wants to be lazy, thats fine, I'll figure a way, or someone else can figure a way. Either way I won't be greedy, I'll release my secrets so the world can rejoice in NFS games like we once did long ago.

As far as cars for the game I haven't actually made anything yet, however i would if I'm given the right templates and guidlines to follow so that they will work in game.
EvoMaster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EvoMaster »

First of all don't douple posting use the edit button

Arushan is an important person to the community
His works are many(BinTex, MW Modtools and the first conversion for MW, and most of the other programs like music exportes are usually his)
Arushan is a reversal engineer(he sees how smth works and try to discover more about it and finally crack it)so he is the person we base on
He doesn't want to it coz CARBON isn't the game he excepted for so he is not spend time on it. He isn't lazy. Go prove urself if you are a true modder don't accuse others
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

Have fun. Go wait years for some lamer to release something, or whine because he won't then, I could care less. I have my own agenda.

First of all Carbon is the same style of game as Most wanted. So I don't much buy that excuse. It seems to me Arushan might have perhaps worked with EA in creating MW??? Perhaps thats whjy he has such knowledge on the game. As for carbon it sounds like he obviously just doesn't know the coding, or so on and so forth. But telling me it's because you don't like the game when it's the same as MW? Riiiigght!

Anyways, I'll be taking my ideas and thoughts where they are more welcomed instead of being preyed upon by those who jsut sit and wait for months for someone else to do something because they have no drive to do so themselves. Ta-Ta

P.S.: I'll double post if I feel, thank you very much.

*mod note*
Merged your posts. And no, you won't double post if you feel like it in the future.
Rayquaza
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Rayquaza »

I'm pretty sure your cars are welcome in MW, wich is a big scene right now for custom cars.
We are just not far enough to do anything for Carbon, it's just a very complicated thing to do, but if you have nice models, i reccomend you to ask Finalmaster2 to convert them; he's a fast and effective converter.
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

Only problem is I don't own MW. :(

And if i remember correctly there was no drifting involved in MW was there?
TokyoDriftRockz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TokyoDriftRockz »

MidnightCavi wrote:Have fun. Go wait years for some lamer to release something, or whine because he won't then, I could care less. I have my own agenda.

First of all Carbon is the same style of game as Most wanted. So I don't much buy that excuse. It seems to me Arushan might have perhaps worked with EA in creating MW??? Perhaps thats whjy he has such knowledge on the game. As for carbon it sounds like he obviously just doesn't know the coding, or so on and so forth. But telling me it's because you don't like the game when it's the same as MW? Riiiigght!

Anyways, I'll be taking my ideas and thoughts where they are more welcomed instead of being preyed upon by those who jsut sit and wait for months for someone else to do something because they have no drive to do so themselves. Ta-Ta

P.S.: I'll double post if I feel, thank you very much.

*mod note*
Merged your posts. And no, you won't double post if you feel like it in the future.
I understand you're angry cause no one's avalible to help you, but honestly, insulting the person who cracked the code so people could make/convert cars to MW isn't exactly the best way to give your first impression to this community.

There are many people out there to help. I just can't convert/model for sh*t, but like Rayquaza said Finalmaster2 is a fast and efficent converter, so look to him for help.

Hope i didn't offend you. :?
AMD Athlon x2 3600+
Asus M2N-E SLI
2 GB DDR2
BFG 8800GTOC
320 GB/500 GB HDD
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

No, there was no drifting in MW. And as for Arushan, he said also something about to convert his tools to NFS:C, but since C had more harder coding and he does this at his free time for free, he didn't want to spend time on NFS:C, since he had already cracked many other NFS's, MW for example. You should think how you behave, that just leaves you to get banned. I don't care if I lose permissions to your cars (which I btw haven't even gotten yet so I don't even lose a thing here :D) 'cause I'm telling my opinion. If you think that Arushan is lazy, you couldn't be more wrong. Also, no, as far as I know, Arushan didn't participate on creating NFS:MW. Let's take an example.

You know what Linux is? You don't? Oh bummer.

http://www.linux.org

This doesn't mean, that you have to have Microsoft's people to create Linux's platforms. You can create your own with skills. For example, I have a friend, who can do a lot of good and bad with a computer (cracking, hacking, program creating). I've asked from him and he could do platform for a Linux, but he has good enough, so he's not doing his own one. See, he's not being lazy, he's not just interested. Also, he is 17 years old, he hasn't worked at Microsoft and he can still do a platform for Linux.

This same goes for Arushan. He might be able to do a lot of things that we are not just aware of. If he's not interested to crack NFS:C, then don't force him to do it. You can't just come and force him or her to do it.

Hope you understood what I meant. If I sounded selfish-brutal-bast**d-and-so-on, that was just to get you understand what I meant. I'm really a nice person, once you get to know me (not 100 % possible via Internet :D). Also, I've been thinking about with my friend to crack NFS:C, but he's not interested of NFS:C, I don't have skills at all to crack NFS:C. H**k, I can't even create a working program.

If you don't want to wait, then do something for it. Whining isn't going to help you move on. You'll just get blackmarked and in most cases, banned.

Finalmaster2
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

Finalmaster2 wrote:No, there was no drifting in MW. And as for Arushan, he said also something about to convert his tools to NFS:C, but since C had more harder coding and he does this at his free time for free, he didn't want to spend time on NFS:C, since he had already cracked many other NFS's, MW for example. You should think how you behave, that just leaves you to get banned. I don't care if I lose permissions to your cars (which I btw haven't even gotten yet so I don't even lose a thing here :D) 'cause I'm telling my opinion. If you think that Arushan is lazy, you couldn't be more wrong. Also, no, as far as I know, Arushan didn't participate on creating NFS:MW. Let's take an example.

You know what Linux is? You don't? Oh bummer.

http://www.linux.org

This doesn't mean, that you have to have Microsoft's people to create Linux's platforms. You can create your own with skills. For example, I have a friend, who can do a lot of good and bad with a computer (cracking, hacking, program creating). I've asked from him and he could do platform for a Linux, but he has good enough, so he's not doing his own one. See, he's not being lazy, he's not just interested. Also, he is 17 years old, he hasn't worked at Microsoft and he can still do a platform for Linux.

This same goes for Arushan. He might be able to do a lot of things that we are not just aware of. If he's not interested to crack NFS:C, then don't force him to do it. You can't just come and force him or her to do it.

Hope you understood what I meant. If I sounded selfish-brutal-bast**d-and-so-on, that was just to get you understand what I meant. I'm really a nice person, once you get to know me (not 100 % possible via Internet :D). Also, I've been thinking about with my friend to crack NFS:C, but he's not interested of NFS:C, I don't have skills at all to crack NFS:C. H**k, I can't even create a working program.

If you don't want to wait, then do something for it. Whining isn't going to help you move on. You'll just get blackmarked and in most cases, banned.

Finalmaster2

Yes I do know what linux is. I have it loaded as secondary OS on my computer. Although I will admit being a novice to it, I do use it for certain things related to network stuff form time to time. Coder isn't my strong point either, but I know enough to get along. If MW and C are both built on the same platform I don't see why the MW Tools couldn'[t be used for C. Perhaps it's jsut a wee bit more digging needed. If thats the case then I'll be more then happy to check it out. As far as Arushan goes, The lazy thing was only provoked as a possible option, given the only thing i've heard is that C wasn't a game he liked, when MW and C are almost identical. Obviously the tools he created weren't half-assed if they function perfectly because good things come in time. Again perhaps my anger got the best of me in even suggesting that he was lazy in the first place. For that I apologize to him if he reads this.

OK. Lets have a look at this from my perspective and why I'm setting this goal for myself. For starters I've seen way to many TUNER style games come from EA, that lacked certain features to retain realistic aspirations. For each game released starting with UG1. They have deffinantly gone in the right direction for realism and asertaining a most pleasurable gameplay experience. With UG2 they really hit a strong point with the alot ment of customizations they added, however they sitll lacked realistics body kits options. With MW I really enjoyed the implication of Exotics and muscle cars, but was appaled to see the lack of Tuners in the game. Most notably the lack of the Nissan Skyline.

When Carbon came out I was excited to see the arrival of all the new muscles and exotics along side the strong amount of tuners and the brand new MR2 added to the game. Only to be dissapointed to find out that they were unaccesable in career mode or even able to be customized.

It is my goal to rectify this by adding more cars to the game and realistic body kits. Maybe even bring back some old customization options and even add some new ones to the game. My goal is nothing short of a Total Conversion of carbon and to state it simply as the birth of a completly new game that utilizes the story line and gaming engine of Carbon. Of course i feel some of the gameplay things need to be changed to more accuratly enhance gameplay with realistic weight ratios and physics. In other words an AWD Evo should drive like an EVO, not a supra. Also I would fix how some of the cars are appreciated more then other or over rated. In other words reguardless how much an EVO is tuned it shouldn't be able to ride side by side with a Porsche Carrera GT. These are my opes and aspirations of modding Carbon. If for some reason I can't reach this goal, then I hope EA is reading this and actually decides to pay attention to its buyers on the next game around. Otherwise I won't be buying.

Hopefully you see more clearly now where i come from and wat i'm striving for. If need be to form a team i'm willing to pay those willing to helop me work on this project. Starting with 25 dollars an hour. I have nothing better to do with my time, and I'm well off on money to afford such expenditures, if those who are willing, will come forward.

Thank you all for your time and understanding. Hopefully we can move to more productive conversation as to this TC for Carbon.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Guys, emm...this seems a little bit "stupid" imo...
Just let convert the cars...
If he can...good!, we'll have a "option" to reinstall this game
But if he can't...just it was bad luck...
Every try is positive because we all learn what to do or what NOT to do.

Simple :wink:
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

xturbo wrote:Guys, emm...this seems a little bit "stupid" imo...
Just let convert the cars...
If he can...good!, we'll have a "option" to reinstall this game
But if he can't...just it was bad luck...
Every try is positive because we all learn what to do or what NOT to do.

Simple :wink:

Say huh?
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

say huh what?
I'm just "supporting" ur idea of converting the cars.....

jeez.... :?
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

xturbo wrote:say huh what?
I'm just "supporting" ur idea of converting the cars.....

jeez.... :?

Oh, lol. I just got confused with your words of your posts, srryz. :) Thanks for your support
MidnightCavi
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MidnightCavi »

Ok, I just got a legitiment copy of MW from a friend. Hopefully i can dive into Modding for it and from that as a base see how I can possibly edit carbon, for drifting purposes.

EDIT: If anyone remember the body vinyl from MW that allows you to make the entire body of your car look like Carbon Fiber? Is there anyways to get this as a vinyl in CARBON? WOuld be appreciated. Thanks :)
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Though I'm a few days late.. I figure since this topic is all about me apparently, I might as well reply.

NFS Carbon support was not really worked on futher due to a few things:
1. I graduated from University, got a job, got busy. Unfortunately I don't get paid to do this, so I just do this when I have free time.
2. New compression schemes were added to Carbon... would have taken forever to get them worked out.
3. The geometry.bin file formats changed, things were added to them... lots of things... takes too long to decode. Just a food for thought: work on MW's files started when NFS U2 was out.
4. The vlt database format.. new things added again. Working on that for MW took about 3-4 months of our time.
5. Carbon's autosculpt system... makes the files much more complex, and there are just too many variables to consider.

And no, I don't work for EA.

Return to “Editing”