Need for Speed Carbon - No AI Traffic Mod

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Need for Speed Carbon - No AI Traffic Mod

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a patch I put together to eliminate the AI traffic in Need for Speed Carbon. Also included is a "restore" patch to quickly turn AI traffic on/off. Tested (limited) on v1.2, v1.3 and v1.4 (NON-Collectors Edition). Pls test and report any bugs if found.

NOTE: If this version of my Mod doesn't work on your version of NFSC do not run the patch again as it will overwrite your (good) backed-up file. Delete the non-working (patched) GlobalMemoryFile.bin and rename Gmemory.bak to GlobalMemoryFile.bin to reverse changes.

EDIT: Use v1.1 attached below
Bytesss

Last edited by Bytesss on 15 Feb 2008, 14:42, edited 3 times in total.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Carbon - No AI Traffic Mod

Post by powerof1000 »

Hmmm... I applied the patch but traffic is still there! I must be doing something wrong... :?
Last edited by powerof1000 on 25 Jan 2008, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

It definitely works. To test I did a clean install of NFSC v1.2, tested on/off many times, patched to v1.3, tested, patched to v1.4 and tested. Every patch updated the version of GlobalMemoryFile.bin and the patched still worked.
What version of Carbon are you running? What is the size and date stamp on your GlobalMemoryFile.bin? Is your NFSC the North American version? After running the patch do you now have a file named Gmemory.bak in your Carbon's \Global subdirectory? Do you have Traffic Vehicles in your garage?
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I have NFSC Collecters edition, version 1.2. I don't have any traffic cars in my garage. I don't think that it is the North American version. Anyway, i'll re-install Carbon and see if that makes the patch work. Thanks for making it though :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

I'm working on a more universal patch right now, will post ASAP. No need to reinstall, just run the "restore" patch any changes made to your GlobalMemoryFile.bin will be reversed.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I used the restore patch and then applied the patch again but still there was traffic. Also, whenever I tried to enter a race in free roam, the game crashed :( So i'm re-installing now.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

Here's a revised version which uses search & replace instead of offsets to make it more universal. If you ran my original Traffic REMOVE patch more than once you may have overwritten your (good) backed-up GlobalmemoryFile.bin (Gmemory.bak) and may need to reinstall Carbon. If not, delete the non-working (patched) GlobalmemoryFile.bin and rename Gmemory.bak to GlobalmemoryFile.bin. After that run this revised patch.
Let me know if you get it to work.
Attachments
NFSC_AI_Traffic_MOD_(v1.1).zip
NFSC_AI_Traffic_MOD_(v1.1)
(33.53 KiB) Downloaded 2035 times
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

Well, I re-installed Carbon and then ran the original patch again, and it seems to work :D BTW, which files did you edit to make that Camaro SS in your first post? It looks nice :D
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
Bytesss
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Bytesss »

That's the '67 Bonus Camaro SS in NFSMW. NFSMW also has a GlobalMemoryFile.bin which, among other things, contains all of the base car data. That's the file I edited to customize it. As a "bonus" car it was "stock" and could only be upgraded with junkman parts so I switched the chassis slots (internally not in the savegame) with the FordGT so the SS is now fully customizable/tuneable.
BTW, I also put a "no spike strips" patch together for NFSC that I'll be posting soon.

Return to “Editing”