NFS:MW directX problem

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
kallu
Stock
Stock

NFS:MW directX problem

Post by kallu »

I have this problem with Most Wanted, that when I try to instal it, after I type the cd-key it says that the game needs directx 9.0c but I already have it installed and the game won't continue the installation. Can anyone help?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS:MW directX problem

Post by prince1142003 »

What operating system?

Go to Start -> Run and type in dxdiag. Go to the different tabs and run the different tests. After that's done, click Save All Information and upload the text file as an attachment.
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I've been having a similar problem, I use Vista and when I try to install Most Wanted, it says that it requires DX9 or greater and I already have DX10 on there. I've never had the problem before.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

For Vista users:

Download the latest DirectX redistributable. Yes, it contains DX9, but it won't override the DX10 already installed. I read about this advice on another forum when I was having trouble with "legacy" games, and this did the trick for me. If you're unsure, create a restore point before installing and then run dxdiag to check your DirectX version.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

I haven't played NFSMW for a long time and thought that it would be fun to play again sins NFSPS just sucks in my meaning, but after i have entered the cd key i get the answer that i need to have the latest DirectX 9c installed...which i have, the DirectX i have was released 2008-06-06.

Edit: I think i have found a solution for this DirectX problem. http://trivuz.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1960
ChZ^^
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ChZ^^ »

:( I cant see it anymore, it says i need to register a profile, and i dont want to. :roll:

I got the same problem, i have directx 10. I belive the problem is that i have vista.
Death Must Be Easy Because Life Is Hard?
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

i also had that problem but it's not how the flash says you should do. instead copy of all of your files from the instalation disc to your hdd. then enter autorun folder and then open autorun.cfg with notepad. you will see the line DirectXVersion=9.0c. change 9.0c with 0 and save the file and then instal the game.

it really works
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Gothicfan2
Stock
Stock

Post by Gothicfan2 »

i have the same problem when i start the game it say i need to put the cd in and its in when i press ok it says directx8 or higer someone help me :(
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

The solution is posted above.
GTrPro5011
Stock
Stock

Post by GTrPro5011 »

someone......help me?sorry if i asking something stupid....can i download nfsmw without cd?i mean download full version nfsmw and juz play like tat..from website is the prefect choose to use?can someone tel me.......?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Very offtopic but,

As far as I know, no you can't. Eastore (eastore.ea.com) only has Carbon and Pro Street (and shift pre-orded atm) as a digital download. Not sure if Most Wanted ever was available there, but it isn't there at the moment.

Ps. No warez discussion here...

Return to “Help & Support”