[HELP REQUEST] Random game shutdown

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
ADDOriN
Stock
Stock

[HELP REQUEST] Random game shutdown

Post by ADDOriN »

Hello there NFS Unlimited community. Recently i desided to re-intall NFS:MW (2005) on my freshly installed Windows 7 laptop (Toshiba Satellite A210-127 PSAELE) and something rather strance came as issue. I played NFS:MW time ago on the same machine but on my old OS - Windows Vista.
So i installed the game (i own NFS:MW retail [disk]) and then applied the v1.3 patch to keep it up to date as usual. I started the game all fine and then played for a bit and on some randon place, race or shop my latop just shuts down (not the game but the hall laptop while playing). I said myself okay maybe some random but ill give it a go again. Then played again some time and BAM random shutdown. I was amazed and i used NFSMWRES tool to increase the res to max 1280x800 and no luck again just random shutdown while playing. Then i tried running as admin, running in compability mode for windows vista and same thing happened.
Thats rather strange isnt it? I look on the web but nothing related to my issues so far. So to cap up - the game runs normally for some time and then on some random moment whyle racing, buying stuff in the shop or changing my key-binds the hall machine stopps. Keep in mind my laptop is with freshly installed WIndows 7 Ultimate (32bit) and i have no problems using other games but that one.

I also own NFS: Underground 2, Carbod and Hot Pursuit (2010). Do you think Underground 2 and Carbot will run the same way?

If someone have any idea for helping me out ill be really happy! Thanks in advance!

Return to “Help & Support”