Hey, n00b here...

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Sin1st3r
Stock
Stock

Hey, n00b here...

Post by Sin1st3r »

How the hell do I install the MegaTrainer 1.3?
I've installed it to "C:/Program Files/EA Games/Need for Speed Most Wanted" and I can open it from there, but it does nothing...help please!!
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Just install it as normal. You don't have to put it in the NFS Most Wanted folder. It runs by itself. Once you've installed it, open the trainer, and run NFS Most Wanted in the background, then the trainer will start working.

When you're unsure about what buttons or how to use the features, go back to the Desktop by pressing ALT + Tab, and click on anyone of the cheats that you wanna use. :)
Odarnit
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Hey, n00b here...

Post by Odarnit »

Sin1st3r wrote:How the hell do I install the MegaTrainer 1.3?
I've installed it to "C:/Program Files/EA Games/Need for Speed Most Wanted" and I can open it from there, but it does nothing...help please!!
I've got the same problem! Tried both MegaTrainer 1.3 and 1.2 (made sure the right version of the game was running when I tried the trainers) and nothing happens in game. All I get is the windows "dong" sound when I press any of the "F" keys to activate a cheat. I wish I could get it to work too! Tried both Megatrainers on two computers - same thing on both, i.e. nothing happens. Is it anything to do with adding the BE patch to the regular version, coz that's what I did to make it BE?
jhwee
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Hey, n00b here...

Post by jhwee »

Odarnit wrote:
Sin1st3r wrote:How the hell do I install the MegaTrainer 1.3?
I've got the same problem! Tried both MegaTrainer 1.3 and 1.2 (made sure the right version of the game was running when I tried the trainers) and nothing happens in game. All I get is the windows "dong" sound when I press any of the "F" keys to activate a cheat. I wish I could get it to work too! Tried both Megatrainers on two computers - same thing on both, i.e. nothing happens. Is it anything to do with adding the BE patch to the regular version, coz that's what I did to make it BE?
Are you guys launching the trainer first, then the game? Then while in the game you can press any of the F# keys and it'll work... Works for me. Make sure you read that readme.txt that comes with it where you have to change some setting in the Control Panel in Languages or something like that... And you can just install it anywhere. Plus you'll get a sound when it activates...
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

Mine makes noises without results, but i think I was n00bie and installed the wrong version anyway :lol:
Odarnit
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Odarnit »

Done everything to the letter in the instructions/readme etc. Even changed the Regional/Language setting in the control panel. The trainer makes all the usual sounds when you "activate" a cheat and a checkmark shows, but nothing at all happens in the game. Nothing works.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Perhaps it only works for 'pure' BE versions, not hacked standard editions?
Odarnit
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Odarnit »

Yeah, you're probably right! That's what I was thinking too.
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Perhaps it only works for 'pure' BE versions, not hacked standard editions?
I think your right. It didnt work for me because i have a hacked standard edition.

Return to “Editing”