POLICE lights on ANY car. (And more) [Updated II]

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

POLICE lights on ANY car. (And more) [Updated II]

Post by Koffy »

I was checking Cpartys work yesterday and I came across this. He found a way to put the Police GTO lights and hood on a normal GTO. :D So I took a save he left there and made some research of my own. Seems to be like the light/hood act just like stock rims (ie: They disappear randomly and you have to look at a car that has them originally to have them back).

So I say'd why don't we try this :idea: : So I took a save with a couple of M3's and some copy/paste job, and BANG the size of a house. Police lights on a M3 :!: :!: :!:

Here are a couple of pics of it. and a zip with tuning slots of different cars, so you can compare them and see what changes and do it yourself. :arrow:
Attachments
AHAHAH, now you won't get away from him anymore.
AHAHAH, now you won't get away from him anymore.
A modded GTO with lights, gives the impression to be a modded Police Car.
A modded GTO with lights, gives the impression to be a modded Police Car.
This happened when modding arround. LOL
This happened when modding arround. LOL
Lights.zip
Bunch of tuning slots.
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 1289 times
Last edited by Koffy on 25 Apr 2006, 00:34, edited 2 times in total.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

Looks cool, but do the lights work :?:
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

good finding :)

btw, how you did it in hex editor? and did you find those undercover cops' light?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

To have them, add the code 3E1C to any blank space in the tuning slot (for blank I mean FFFF).
The light's don't work, thay er there just as they would be in a Police car you drive.
@ Spectre: I suppose you meant he light inside the car. No, I haven't.
Aryan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aryan »

how do u find vinyles in hex edit i cant do anything
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Aryan wrote:how do u find vinyles in hex edit i cant do anything
Read Hex Editing Tutorial by Cparty here.

I've been talking with Cparty and he found a couple of intresting things. For example, if you want to have a Police car with damaged parts, notice that at the beginning of the tuning slot you will have codes like 491C 4A1C 4C1C 4E1C and so on (you get it). Well, if youa change all those to the following number (501C 4B1C 4D1C 4F1C ....) you will get an all smashed up police car!

And ChrisR found something unusual. It is what we could call a "surprice vinyl". Change the vinyl code to 5E12, and see what happens when you browse cars to select :wink: .
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

so koffy, u can change any car's vinyl code to 5e12 and it all worked? got to try it now :)

EDIT:i didnt get it, i changed my c6's code, at first, it has a black vinly just like those undercover cops,and then it keeps changing....???
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

That is exactly what it does. :P
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

Can some one post a picture or pictures of this Mystery vinyl?
Aryan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Aryan »

thanks
Professional
Professional

Post by 99k »

Ive got mixed up in hexing so could somone da a save with this werid vinyl on a car?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Shadow the hedgehog wrote:Can some one post a picture or pictures of this Mystery vinyl?
Yes, and no. See, what this code does is change the car's paint vinyl nad rim clour to that of a the car you where watching before that one. So it changes all the time! :lol:
Shadow the hedgehog
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Shadow the hedgehog »

ah i see!
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Cparty provided me with some more of the police cars codes. I added some to those myself, so if you find some code that is wrong, that's probably my foult.

Code: Select all

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
¦Car            ¦Hood      ¦RightDoor ¦LeftDoor  ¦Spoiler   ¦Lights    ¦Rims      ¦
¦---------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------¦
¦Cop            ¦1416      ¦1A16      ¦2A16      ¦x         ¦0616      ¦A116      ¦
¦Cop Ghost      ¦DD29      ¦E329      ¦F329      ¦x         ¦x         ¦6A2A      ¦
¦GTO            ¦4C1C      ¦521C      ¦621C      ¦x         ¦3E1C      ¦D91C      ¦
¦GTO Ghost      ¦9C2A      ¦A22A      ¦B22A      ¦X         ¦X         ¦292B      ¦
¦Corvette       ¦E021      ¦E621      ¦F621      ¦D421      ¦D221      ¦6D21      ¦
¦Corvette Ghost ¦2120      ¦2720      ¦3720      ¦1520      ¦x         ¦AE20      ¦
¦Corvette Cross ¦5B2B      ¦612B      ¦712B      ¦4D2B      ¦x         ¦E82B      ¦
¦SUV            ¦0B1D      ¦111D      ¦211D      ¦x         ¦FD1C      ¦981D      ¦
¦---------------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------+----------¦
¦Initial (I)    ¦I+13      ¦I+19      ¦I+29      ¦I+7 ?     ¦I+5       ¦I+A0      ¦
+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
In the last line, you see a sort of way to calculate the code of a part starting from the initial value (the first one that appears after the FFCDCDCD. You should add it only to the part that changes from the code. Notice that the second half is constant for every car.
Last edited by Koffy on 26 Apr 2006, 00:27, edited 1 time in total.
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

OK, can somebody give me a little help? I want to put police lights on my career SLR, but I've tried everything and it doesn't work. The guide wasn't any help either...

1. I open my my save on WinHex
2. I find my career SLR (BBD92AE3BBD92AE302)
3. I find the XX(forgot the number)CDCD
4. Find XXCDCDCD
5. Add 3E1C to FFFFs at the bottom
6. Fix my checksum
7. Load my profile
8. Look at blank SLR
9. Get frustrated
10. Repeat 50 times
11. Bangs head on desk
Why can't someone make a trainer for this?

:x
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You need to have a GTO police ca rin in your safehouse. When you look at the GTO, the parts get loaded, so when you look at the SLR, you will see them aswell. They might disppear after some time.
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

so it would be possible to add police's covette hood on a normal c6?
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

spectre01 wrote:so it would be possible to add police's covette hood on a normal c6?
Yes, of course. Though the usual caching problem will make the hood disappear (or not even appear in the first place) after a couple of mins. Here's a normal GTO with some Cop-Parts:

@koffy: thanks for the new codes :)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

You are welcome. I hope they are all right, because I didn't double check them.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

hey can you add the lights to a gallardo?
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

Koffy wrote:You need to have a GTO police ca rin in your safehouse. When you look at the GTO, the parts get loaded, so when you look at the SLR, you will see them aswell. They might disppear after some time.
It still doesn't work :?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I haven't tryed, but I think it works on any car. (It worked for GTO, ghost GTO, M3 Street and M3 Race.)
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

BKize_GT wrote:
Koffy wrote:You need to have a GTO police ca rin in your safehouse. When you look at the GTO, the parts get loaded, so when you look at the SLR, you will see them aswell. They might disppear after some time.
It still doesn't work :?
:? :? I dont' know. Send me your save so I can try.
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

Fishwhiz wrote:hey can you add the lights to a gallardo?
Basically you can exchange parts between cars as much as you like (this includes the lights for the gallardo). But as said a couple of times the parts not from the same .bin file than the car itself (or from a standard .bin file for spoilers/rims) will disappear (or never appear) due to the caching of the parts.
Another Problem with the Cop Parts is that they are inserted at "fixed" positions wheras the normal parts are "docked" to reference points on the car base.
Makes the Gallardo look kinda funny :D
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

hehe, has a bit wrong position :D

remindes me at the italian police lambo in blue-white

Return to “Editing”