Installiing custon vinyls...

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
DixieChick
Stock
Stock

Installiing custon vinyls...

Post by DixieChick »

Hi all. Im new to the forums and saw where people have made custom vinyls to download.

Question is.. how do you install them and is a special program needed ?

Im running MW Black Edition on my pc.

Please help.. im sort of lost here but would like my rides to look cool.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Gladly , First of all you download this :

http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/nfs ... /mwtex.zip

This is Mwtex it is a program that will let you import custom vinyls into the game .

You will also need Photoshop equipt with the Nvidia DDS / D3D plugin . This is found on the following link .

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/dds_utilities.html

Before you open it you want to make sure the vinyl you want to import is extrated to a directory where you can find it . I usually extract it to the desktop .

Open up MWtex , the right click the blank page and click load . You then need to load the Vinyl file for the chosen car .

For example , if I wanted to import a vinyl for a Evolution 8 I would right click the blank page and then click load , following that I would find the directory of the evo file folderthis is comannly found here :

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\CARS\LANCEREVO8

Unless you have installed most wanted into a different folder in that case it would be :

)(:\whatever\\whatever\CARS\LANCEREVO8 .

After you have succsessfully loaded the file a list of vinyls should appear in front of you . You need to find the title of the file you want to import within this list , usually there will be a number for example .

192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03

you will then wanna find : 192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 . When you have found the file right click it and then click import then find the vinyl you downloaded . The vinyl you downloaded should be made up of two parts . the normal vinyl and the mask for it make sure when you import the vinyls you match them up .

192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 <------------- vinyl

70 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03_MASK <-------------- Mask

After you have done that the file list should refresh . You should now look for the mask for the vinyl in this case its : 70 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03_MASK . Then right click it and import the downloaded or your custom vinyl mask .

When that has refreshed right click on the page ( any file ) and then click exit . Then boot up your most wanted and put on the vinyl .

To get the vinyl you want look at the title the title of this vinyl is :

LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 so in game you will have to put on the unique 3 vinyl on the Evo to get it to show in game .

I think that explains it , if you get stuck feel free to add me to your msn and Ill guide you thru it step by step .

icku89@msn.com

Kind regards

Bam_bam

B&E design .
razor4268
Stock
Stock

Post by razor4268 »

is there any way of uploading a pic from a ps2
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Use a digital camera.. :)
-woof-Like-c6
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -woof-Like-c6 »

i use edited usb remote to take pictures
eastside603
Stock
Stock

intalling vynyls

Post by eastside603 »

I need adobe photoshop for this????
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

not to import vinyls. you need a good image editor (Photoshop is the best) to create vinyls, but there are other alternatives.

Return to “Editing”