Modding engine sounds in MW

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Modding engine sounds in MW

Post by darknight788 »

i found a topic like this on NFSUG2 but not one on MW so i figured i would shed some light on this. It is possible to change the engine and turbo sounds for each car in most wanted. if you go to where most wanted is installed and go to sounds there will be two folders in there called Engine and Turbo. if you look around in the engine folder you will see files for cars like 350Z, Ferrari, Honda S2000, BMW M5, Diablo, various TVR's and so on. For example i changed the sound of the viper. fisrt of all make a backup of the entire folder. what i did witht he viper is i found two files called ferrari 360 ( there will be two files one ending in DCL ) i copied the two ferrari files to desktop and renamed them GIN_Viper_A.gin and GIN_Viper_A_DCL.gin make sure you keep the DCL ones the same. then just move those into the engine folder and it will ask if you want to replace the original files with the new ones and select yes. Now the viper will have a deeper tone and i think it sounds alot cooler 8) . to give the viper a more pronounced supercharger go to the turbo file and find the file TURBO_EXOTIC_2_MB.abk and copy it to your desktop and then rename it to TURBO_SC_GENERIC_MB.abk and do the same thing as before. now the viper will have a little louder whine form the supercharger. these are not the only files that you can replace you can mix and match them like takng the TURBO_EXOTIC_2_MB.abk file and also rename it to TURBO_SC_MBZ_MB.abk and the SL500 and the SLR and any other mercedes with a supercharger will have a very loud whistle. The SC in the filenames means it is supercharger. do this at your own risk. as long as you make a backup file you should have no problem and it is not very hard it's just renaming files :wink: sorry for the long post
91gtabird
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 91gtabird »

Pretty sweet man. Thanks for the info. I tryed using the "GIN_Nascar_DCL.gin" but really does not have any varible rpms sounds. Farrari on a gallardo sounds great.

Where did all the other car sounds come from?

ie:
240sx
acura
Vette' Z06
Diablo
ferrari
infiniti g35
prelude
hummer
s2000
....and etc.?
91gtabird
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 91gtabird »

Is there any typ of .abk player that you can listen to the sounds without having to run the game and just play hit and miss?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmmm..... i willl have to try to look for a .abk player. as for the various other cars maybe they were cars EA meant to put in the game but never got around to it. they did rush this game out after all :roll:
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Cool thing,but can i replace them with sounds from U2,i think not
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i dont know if you can or not havent tried UG2 has been uninstalled from my comp for a couple months now.
yusufmothman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yusufmothman »

hey, uhh. i wonder where lancer's file is.
and ummm.. i want an engine sound that really revs.
street style. like in fast and furious movies.
can anyone get me help? :)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

the lancers file could be any of the files in the engine folder just named differently like S2000 for example. thats why i have been looking for a .abk sound player no luck on that though. what i think is a good sound is the viper with the ferrari engine sound. it makes it sound really powerful. another one for the mercedes is the Sl65 engine sound.
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

the ferrari 360 file could be interesting for arushan andthe 360 he's modding into mw
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmmm. i never thought about that it would be a good sound for that car somebody should tell him if he already doesn't know. i have to wonder with all the different cars in the engine folder if they were meant to be in the game. that would be some line up except i didn't see the skyline in there
Tuner Z
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Tuner Z »

:D maybe the sounds are used for tuned cars, it could bet that a tuned punto in game sounds like a skyline :lol:

edit: i noticed that the ferrari 360 sound is the same as the sound of the ultimate tuned carrera gt
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I might fianlly be able to give the m3 some grunt ! , as opposed to that horrible whine as you top 180 mph lol
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by speed_and_do_the_deed »

Kewl i might try this out
:P

Hmm just while i was typing this im checking and like were is the supra engine effects it doesnt say supra all it has is all the other cars and sum unknown car names like GIN_Ford_Focus2_DCL.gin or GIN_Nissan_Skyline.gin and no i dont have NFS Underground 2 installed or anythin ive only got most wanted i like to point that out but yeah thats sum of the unknown types of engines
:?
Cud sum1 please tell me were would the supra be located or named by
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

What File would I have to modify to give the Lancer abit more grunt ? , I want it to still sound like a Lancer but I want the turbo to be alot more distint .
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

for the turbo you want to look in the turbo folder and look at the TURBO_TUN_--- files a maxed out evo might have one of the TURBO_TUN_MED files then what you want to do is copy a exotic turbo file and rename that to whatever file that lancer is using.
the whole problem is i dont know where to get a .abk player to see what the sounds actually sound like . it would take a very long time to go through every file. all i can say for now is guess and check it's a painfully long process i know but it's the only way i know of :?
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

I dont think that Ill bother thinking about it , im still stuck on the rear Evo badge,
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well if anybody finds what file the evo uses please let us know
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Well all i can say is that it might be one of those unknown cars wat i was talking about like one of them says diffrent car types so it will be hard so hard to find

Just like me trying to find that Supra ive givin up tho coz i cannot find it
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you are probably right. im mostly sticking to the cars i know i can change like the mercedes, lamborghini, aston martin, viper , and so on. it is not so hard however to change the sound of the super charger or the turbo. i gave the murc a nice turbo whistle
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

i wudnt mind changing the lamborghini's engine sound but like i dont use them cars enuff well the main reason for that is coz it doesnt sound good lol :wink: but i dont no witch engine sound i wud wanna erase over it to make it sound much much better then it normaly is what did u go over the lamborghini engine sound with or the turbo whistle coz ill do the same if u think its much better with a turbo whistle :D
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i think for the turbo whistle i replaced the exotic 2 one with turbo lrg 2. im not at my comp right now so i cant tell you exactly
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ahh okay fair enuff :)
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

can you post a "guide to how to modify your engine and turbo sounds"? that would be nice, because i'm want to change some engine sounds to other cars and the turbo whistle also, Oh! and btw, is there anyway to increase the volume of the turbo only???
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

just read the first post on this topic. it's all about renaming files. make sure you make a backup tho
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

oh oh sorry...but th other question was about the volume of turbo, can we do that?

Return to “Editing”