Modding engine sounds in MW

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

that i am not sure. if there was a .abk player then maybe but i have yet to find one
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by speed_and_do_the_deed »

Hey umm im lookin up in google about that abk player and like there is stuff about it unless im tired coz it is 3:00am over here in perth :wink:

but yeah ill keep looking

this is what most of it come up with

ABK: Need for Speed: Underground Audio File (Electronic Arts, Inc.)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i wonder if there is a way to convert the files into some other type that is playable by any media player ex. winamp
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

IVE FOUND OUT THE SOUND EFFECTS FOR CARS :D :D

Oh and i know some of the car sounds in that file so just ask me and ill tell u :wink:

but i depends what i have on the list so yeah all i know is that i still cannot find the Mitsubishi's Engine sound :cry: sorry bam_bam

but ive found the Toyota Supra sound also the one cars sound is all in one Engine file just look here

- GIN_Ferrari_360.gin and GIN_Ferrari_360_DCL.gin >>> Mazda RX-8 with Super Pro Engine upgrade, and various level 3 upgraded cars (IS300, Supra, RX-7, RX-8, Skyline) in NFSU2

- GIN_VR6_Jetta_M3.gin and GIN_VW_Jetta_M3_DCL.gin >>> stock Audi A3 3.2 quattro and Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro;

- GIN_VR6_Jetta_M4.gin and GIN_VW_Jetta_M4_DCL.gin >>> Audi A3 3.2 quattro and Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro with Race Engine upgrade;

See they are some of the car files i have found out for you
:)

Hope you all enjoy some of them once i found out more ill tell you how to check witch car belongs to the Engine sound :D
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

thats interesting good find. do you know where the C6R engine sound is located. i would like the C6 to sound like that
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Well ive got the steps now and a im going to post a list of the car sounds and how to check witch engine is witch :P

GIN_BMW_M3.gin and GIN_BMW_M3_DCL.gin >>> stock Audi TT 3.2 quattro;

- GIN_BMW_M5.gin and GIN_BMW_M5_DCL.gin >>> stock Vauxhall Monaro VXR;

- GIN_DB9.gin and GIN_DB9_DCL.gin >>> stock Aston Martin DB9

- GIN_Diablo.gin and GIN_Diablo_DCL.gin >>> stock Renault Clio V6;

- GIN_Ferrari_360.gin and GIN_Ferrari_360_DCL.gin >>> Mazda RX-8 with Super Pro Engine upgrade, and various level 3 upgraded cars (IS300, Supra, RX-7, RX-8, Skyline) in NFSU2;

- GIN_Gallardo.gin and GIN_Gallardo_DCL.gin >>> stock Lamborghini Gallardo

- GIN_Lotus_Elise.gin and GIN_Lotus_Elise_DCL.gin >>> stock Lotus Elise

- GIN_Mazda_RX7.gin and GIN_Mazda_RX7_DCL.gin >>> stock Mazda RX-7 and Mazda RX-8, choose the RX-8 since it doesn’t have stock turbo;

- GIN_RX8_Ramp_v1_CD.gin and GIN_Mazda_RX8_DCL.gin >>> Mazda RX-7 with Super Pro Engine upgrade and Mazda RX-8 with Race Engine upgrade

- GIN_MBZ_CL55.gin and GIN_MBZ_CL55_Dcl.gin >>> Mercedes SL 500 with Race Engine upgrade;

- GIN_MBZ_CLK500.gin and GIN_MBZ_CLK500_Dcl.gin >>> stock Mercedes SL 500

- GIN_MBZ_SL65.gin and GIN_MBZ_SL65_DCL.gin >>> stock Mercedes CLK 500 and Mercedes SL 65 AMG, and Mercedes SL 500 with Super Pro Engine upgrade (again, prefer the CLK 500 and the SL 500, for they don’t have stock turbo/supercharger);

- GIN_Murcielago.gin and GIN_Murcielago_DCL.gin >>> stock Lamborghini Murciélago, and Lamborghini Gallardo with Super Pro Engine upgrade;

- GIN_POR_996.gin and GIN_POR_996_DCL.gin >>> stock Porsche Cayman S, Porsche 911 Carrera S and Porsche 911 Turbo S;

- GIN_POR_Carrera_GT.gin and GIN_POR_Carrera_GT_DCL.gin >>> stock Porsche Carrera GT;

- GIN_Porsche_Cayenne.gin and GIN_Porsche_Cayenne_DCL.gin >>> these are NFSU2 leftover sounds for the Cadillac Escalade and the Lincoln Navigator;

- GIN_Viper_A.gin and GIN_Viper_A_DCL.gin >>> stock Dodge Viper SRT-10;

- GIN_Viper_B.gin and GIN_Viper_B_DCL.gin >>> Dodge Viper SRT-10 with Super Pro Engine upgrade;

- GIN_VR6_Jetta_M3.gin and GIN_VW_Jetta_M3_DCL.gin >>> stock Audi A3 3.2 quattro and Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro;

- GIN_VR6_Jetta_M4.gin and GIN_VW_Jetta_M4_DCL.gin >>> Audi A3 3.2 quattro and Audi A4 3.2 FSI Quattro with Race Engine upgrade;

- GIN_VW_Cabriolet.gin and GIN_VW_Cab_DCL.gin >>> stock Volkswagen Golf GTI;

- GIN_VW_Drag_GTi.gin and GIN_VW_Drag_GTi_DCL.gin >>> Volkswagen Golf GTI and Audi A3 3.2 quattro with Super Pro Engine upgrade;

- GIN_VW_Scirocco.gin and GIN_VW_Scirocco_DCL.gin >>> Volkswagen Golf GTI with Race Engine upgrade.

>>>>This is how you find them <<<<

the CAR_ENG and SWTN files, you can find out which ones belong to what GIN files by opening the attributes.bin file (located in the GLOBAL folder) with Notepad, then using Ctrl+F to find the part with the names of the car sound files. For example, the CAR_ENG and SWTN files for the GIN_Ferrari_360.gin and GIN_Ferrari_360_DCL.gin are CAR_01_ENG_MB_EE.abk, CAR_01_ENG_MB_SPU.abk and SWTN_CAR_01_MB.abk. Each GIN file has it’s own number.

Have fun
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Good work man , how do I make my Evo sound more powerfull then ?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i wonder which turbo the evo uses. a nice whistle from the turbo on a evo would sound awesome. btw nice find speed_and_do_the_deed now if only i knew where the engine file for the M3 is :? i know to give the murc a turbo sound like the gallardo you have to go into the turbo folder and find TURBO_SC_GENERIC and replace TURBO_EXOTIC_2.
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Yeah bam_bam i have bin searching for the evo coz i know you want it so so bad but like i said just try opening attributes.bin file with Notepad then using Ctrl+F to find the part with the names of the car sound files thats all
but i found were the BMW GTR is i think

GIN_BMW_M3_LagSeca_V2_DCL.gin - CAR_53_ENG_MB_EE.abk GIN_BMW_M3_LagSeca_V2.gin - bmw_m3_e CAR_53_ENG_MB_SPU.abk

That may be it but im not 100% sure coz i searched the File for M3 and it found that
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you know that just might be it im gonna test it now. i wonder what would be a good sound for it
Last edited by darknight788 on 18 Jul 2006, 19:57, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

nice work man... this is groundbreaking, lol
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

to be honest i was scared at first tell u guys wat i have found coz its the first thing ever for a game that i have found to tell people or help if u wanna call it that :)

but also its Fun :wink:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i tried that file for the M3 i tried to replace it with the stock lotus sound and the M3 didn't sound any different. i wonder do you have to replace the files like CAR_53_ENG_MB_EE.abk bmw_m3_e CAR_53_ENG_MB_SPU.abk because i didn't replace those files
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Hmm well ill search more if ya want so i know for sure it the M3 GTR
but also them files you just said like the CAR_53_ENG_MB_EE.abk
bmw_m3_e CAR_53_ENG_MB_SPU.abk just try them there no harm in trying but i think u already new dat lol :lol:
forsakenmike3000
Ricer
Ricer

camaro sounds

Post by forsakenmike3000 »

Any one know what file is the camaro sound? Or the ford gt40? i want to make a few cars beastly sounding.
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Umm i cannot find the camaro mate sorry but it does say to me there is Ford GT40 but its not really saying much after it :? witch it should hmmm....

Tho i do belive that mayb sum of the sounds are prolly the S2000 but thats just me guessing :?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

for the gt40 you might wanna try the MUSTANG_DRAG file if thats not it i am willing to bet it is one of the mustang engine sounds there are a couple of em to try like saleen, drag, and Nscr the GT40 and the mustang sound very similar
UPDATE: i found how to make the EVo have a louder turbo!!!! i replaced 2 files go under the turbo folder and look for TURBO_TUN_MED_1_MB and TURBO_TUN_MED_2_MB make a backup of those two files then what i did was take the TURBO_SC_GENERIC_MB and rename it to TURBO_EXOTIC_2_MB, then copy the TURBO_EXOTIC_2_MB and TURBO_EXOTIC_0_MB and rename TURBO_EXOTIC_2_MB to TURBO_TUN_MED_1_MB and rename TURBO_EXOTIC_0_MB to TURBO_TUN_MED_2_MB and there ya go. i hope that wasn't too confusing. once you do that the supra,Evo,rx-7 and maybe a few others that aren't in my garage of 23 will have a louder turbo
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ah no offence darknight788 but thats confusing to me i dunno about other people but yeah
Umm but can u tell me how to get the Supra a high turbo sound coz like u did say supra
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i dont know how to explain it any other way so i will send you the two files. make a backup of the two files TURBO_TUN_MED_1_MB and TURBO_TUN_MED_2_MB and just copy and paste these two files into the turbo folder it should ask if you want to replace the existing files twice and thats it
Attachments
Turbo Sound Files.rar
(105.71 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
speed_and_do_the_deed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Ah much easy lol

Thanks mate :wink:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

speed_and_do_the_deed do you have any idea where the C6R's engine folder is. i did a ctrl+f and i did not find it
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Hey is it possible to put the blow of from the gallardo on the RX7?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea you just have to switch and rename files in the turbo folder make sure you make a backup though. the TURBO_BIG files and the exotics giving the all the mercedes the TURBO_SC_GENERIC file gives them a LOUD supercharger. its just copying files to your desktop and renaming them to want you want to replace and thats. the two files i posted for download change all the tuners that are maxed out ( i think since my evo and supra are maxed ) read this whole topic first though there is alot of information. have fun
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

Will do Thanks.

EDIT: I got the turbo that I wanted but I cant seem to get the engine sounds to change. Can you help me out.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I should put the Ford GT Ultimate supercharger sound in a Cobalt. :lol:

Return to “Editing”