Modding engine sounds in MW

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hmm ive installed my NFS Most Wanted again while still having NFS U2 so ill have abit more of a Fiddle around with the sounds and stuff coz it was harder finding the Engine sounds on the Most Wanted Disks lol :lol: but now ive got the games both installed so yeh ill report back later with mayb good news or bad i dunno how it will turn out like :)

Or.... ill try and put NFS U2 Engine sounds on Most Wanted well even no the engine sounds are already on Most Wanted but meh its for fun and ive made a back up CD

Oh and i might have a go at playing around with the ECU and Turbo on NFS U2 coz my RX-7 dont even match 309 km/h :shock:
HashiriyaGDB
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HashiriyaGDB »

Devildoll wrote:okey cuz if i just replace the .gin files it goes back to the original sound at like the third gear.

the only successful engine "transplant" ive made is on the rx-7 it has the custom sound all the way 100%
using the same method as on the other ones but they just dont want to go all the way.

im putting a vid up on the rx-7 ,
im using the Tuned Lotus elise sound from MW.

Here we go
http://www.sharkle.com/video/106358/

Enjoy!
:shock: :shock: :shock: on wheelies!
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Devildoll »

were they really that good ?
hehe :P then i might do a little flick dedicated to wheelies
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Okay Peoples..

Ive had a look at the Need for speed carbon Demo Engine Folder and i guess this time we may be stuck and it may be harder to change them but like i dont wanna change them right away of course but i just wanna say i had a look and it maybe harder though the Gallardo
sound and the Camaro sound is the same as Most wanted so we may have some luck :)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you can still mess around with the turbo sounds from carbon tho , i plan on doing that :D unless they are the same from MW :?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

darknight788 wrote:you can still mess around with the turbo sounds from carbon tho , i plan on doing that :D unless they are the same from MW :?
Yeah i think they have changed them abit but i cant really hear the turbo sounds coz the engine is really loud i only the shifting and the Nitro sound i cannot even hear so im gonna change that to the one what is on NFS U2 even no they always use the same nitro sound :)
snaeper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by snaeper »

91gtabird wrote:Pretty sweet man. Thanks for the info. I tryed using the "GIN_Nascar_DCL.gin" but really does not have any varible rpms sounds. Farrari on a gallardo sounds great.

Where did all the other car sounds come from?

ie:
240sx
acura
Vette' Z06
Diablo
ferrari
infiniti g35
prelude
hummer
s2000
....and etc.?

IDK if someone already answered this but, those are sounds from older NFS's as well as Carbon
That's really something.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

snaeper wrote:
91gtabird wrote:Pretty sweet man. Thanks for the info. I tryed using the "GIN_Nascar_DCL.gin" but really does not have any varible rpms sounds. Farrari on a gallardo sounds great.

Where did all the other car sounds come from?

ie:
240sx
acura
Vette' Z06
Diablo
ferrari
infiniti g35
prelude
hummer
s2000
....and etc.?

IDK if someone already answered this but, those are sounds from older NFS's as well as Carbon

Ah well yeah them sounds are from older NFS's im not sure about carbon though
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Mixing Sounds

Post by race_invader »

Well i hope ive made a Dead Topic come alive again i hope.... :) Anyways

I have good news since there is cars being added to Most Wanted i decided to stuff around with the sounds of the custom car..

Such as since the Skyline replaces over the RX-7 ive mixed car sounds from NFS U2 and the Ferrari F340 mixed sound from Most Wanted

Now ive made a Video on youtube not the best Video but i explain what car were included to make that sound work , I will also explain here to.

Here It Is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uExRQqdEAE

Now if you have watched that video for the Ferrari F340 the cars ive used in there to get that sound were:

Lamborghini Gallardo

Lamborghini Murcielago

Porsche Carrera gt

Witch i wanna add you may not here it but you have to listen closely to it or you may just be able to pick it out but just befor it shifts gear you can hear the Carrera slightly and for the Lamborghini Gallardo, Murcielago i think one of them is the main sound and the other sound kicks in as you down shift also for reversing you can here the Carrera, Gallardo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the Nissan Skyline i have taken cars from NFS U2 and mixed them the cars used for the Skyline were:

Nissan 240SX

Nissan Skyline

Toyota Celica

And well since i haven't played NFS U2 for along time i cant really pick it out that much but this is my guess as when i was driving both Nissan 240 SX, Toyota Celica are on top of each other and the Nissan Skyline sound is when it Shifts down and shifts up but im not 100% sure.
----------------------
I am working on the Hummer sound but haven't got a 100% one yet once the Hummer is done i will get back to you on this forum also i will tell you how i did it but its pretty easy guess but i wanna make sure that they are working properly and that the Revs are correct

Just a note: My Most Wanted turbo folder ive changed to the NFS U one so thats why you cannot hear turbo sounds or anything coz im working on something else...

I hope you like what ive done and i just know that many people will its the normal sound
:roll: but from myself i can hear the different sounds working so thats why i decided to show the Nfsunlimited community

The 2 people i really wanna thank are:

Arushan - For the most wanted engine audio mapping

darknight788 - For starting the whole forum

you guys rock :)
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

@darknight have u done anything with thew sounds in carbon? i took a peek insind the engine folder and said firetruck this cause nothing goes by car name now.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

no i havent yet, but i have seen whats inside the folder. if you really wanted to do some testing you could rename all the files backwards like the last file being named the same as the first file and so on. that should get some results
vwpimpster
Stock
Stock

Post by vwpimpster »

Devildoll wrote:okey cuz if i just replace the .gin files it goes back to the original sound at like the third gear.

the only successful engine "transplant" ive made is on the rx-7 it has the custom sound all the way 100%
using the same method as on the other ones but they just dont want to go all the way.

im putting a vid up on the rx-7 ,
im using the Tuned Lotus elise sound from MW.

Here we go
http://www.sharkle.com/video/106358/

Enjoy!
the video doesnt come up ever for me... any other way I could view it?

race_invader wrote:
I have good news since there is cars being added to Most Wanted i decided to stuff around with the sounds of the custom car..

Such as since the Skyline replaces over the RX-7 ive mixed car sounds from NFS U2 and the Ferrari F340 mixed sound from Most Wanted

Now ive made a Video on youtube
Here It Is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uExRQqdEAE

Now if you have watched that video for the Ferrari F340 the cars ive used in there to get that sound were:
Lamborghini Gallardo
Lamborghini Murcielago
Porsche Carrera gt
As for the Nissan Skyline i have taken cars from NFS U2 and mixed them the cars used for the Skyline were:
Nissan 240SX
Nissan Skyline
Toyota Celica
The 2 people i really wanna thank are:

Arushan - For the most wanted engine audio mapping

darknight788 - For starting the whole forum

you guys rock :)
can you post the "remixed" files you made to get these sound effects(for download)?
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

shiznit I got credited? ROFL.
vwpimpster
Stock
Stock

Post by vwpimpster »

what?
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

vwpimpster wrote: can you post the "remixed" files you made to get these sound effects(for download)?

Nope i cannot its very simple to create though. witch i will post that later on when ive figured out the Hummer, im nearly there though coz so far ive tryed about 10 sounds and none of them sound decent enough for it

Turbocharger wrote:
shiznit I got credited? ROFL.
lol :lol: so your HSVrules off Nfscars?
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

Der :P Why else would I post the same info from NFSCars about my HSV Mod here :P
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Found!

Post by race_invader »

Turbocharger wrote:Der :P Why else would I post the same info from NFSCars about my HSV Mod here :P
Haha Yeah im loving that mod :wink: im glad i guess about the S2000 :D

I think ive found out witch all Engine Sound files do 8) i have been working on them for a very long time so i will be happy if i have
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have used the mustang for the example:

(GIN_Mustang_Drag.gin) that file is the Main Sound

(GIN_Mustang_Drag_DCL.gin) that file is the shift up and Shifting down sound

Not 100% sure on the last ones witch are different from each other what are:

(CAR_12_ENG_MB_SPU.abk) not sure about this file but my guess its the Echo for the engine :?

(CAR_12_ENG_MB_EE.abk) << Not Sure at all but i will find out by tonight when i do my best thing to the Engine File :twisted:

--------------------------------------------------------------
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

That is great, good job! 8) Now then, can you tell me which sounds are for BMW M3 GTR and what should my ATTRIBUTES.MWPS look like to get it work?
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

bmw=engine audio=tvr_cerb

bmw=.gin=GIN_TVR_Cerbera.gin

bmw=DCL=GIN_TVR_Cerbera_DCL.gin

bmw=CAR_xx_ENG_MB_EE.abk and CAR_xx_ENGMB_SPU.abk number 66

dont know about the ATTRIBUTES.MWPS tho srry. hope this helps
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

BEEFKING69 wrote:bmw=engine audio=tvr_cerb

bmw=.gin=GIN_TVR_Cerbera.gin

bmw=DCL=GIN_TVR_Cerbera_DCL.gin

bmw=CAR_xx_ENG_MB_EE.abk and CAR_xx_ENGMB_SPU.abk number 66

dont know about the ATTRIBUTES.MWPS tho srry. hope this helps
Lol you beat me to it :lol: anyways ill say it again :)

GIN_TVR_Cerbera.gin

GIN_TVR_Cerbera_DCL.gin

CAR_66_ENG_MB_SPU.abk

CAR_66_ENG_MB_EE.abk

and yeah i dont even know anything so far about what the ATTRIBUTES.MWPS :?
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Modding engine sounds in MW

Post by Devildoll »

can you guys tell us how to assign engine sounds directly now?
carbon's been released a year :P
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah... wow what a dead topic anyways, carbon you cannot change the engine sounds.. thats if you were asking about it.
Devildoll
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Devildoll »

na im talking about nfsu2 and MW, i know how to change the sounds a bit , but i think it was darknight that knew how to totally change the engine sound .
he said it was classified untill carbon got released :P

Return to “Editing”