No option to Import-Bintex

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
91gtabird
Ricer
Ricer

No option to Import-Bintex

Post by 91gtabird »

Using Bintex i can load and export vinyls but when im ready to import a vinyls back into the vinyl.bin file it isnt giving me the option to import it. The import button is greyed out.

Any suggestions? And MXTex still wont let me import/export anything. I tried to export with Bintex and then import with with MWTex but it wont let me.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

nfscars.net has the latest version of bintex, version 0.4. it has import functionality in it, but i've found it to be extremely buggy.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

0.5 is the version that lets you import. Download it here: http://oedit.nd4spdworld.com/nfsu/bintex-0.5.zip

However, I would still recommend that you use MWTex for vinyls. If you need to use BinTex to import vinyls made for MWTex, you would have to import them into Photoshop (or a similar program) and export them again with "Generate MipMaps".
91gtabird
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 91gtabird »

Thanks for you guys help. Im gonna work on it right now.
91gtabird
Ricer
Ricer

Post by 91gtabird »

If you need to use BinTex to import vinyls made for MWTex, you would have to import them into Photoshop (or a similar program) and export them again with "Generate MipMaps".
Can you elaborate?
Im getting an error when i try and import "not enough mipmap levels in texture".
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

when you save as dds, in the save options window, check Generate MipMaps option.
this would probably be why i havent been able to import anything using binTex yet.

Return to “Editing”