model editing

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
gimmpy
Stock
Stock

model editing

Post by gimmpy »

is there any way i can edit the modles of the cars, like i want to paint this and add a wing to it
Attachments
dounut.JPG
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

There's prolly is a way. If you know how to :wink: Not that i know tho.
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

no 1 has yet been able to actually edit the models though. ..who knows maybe 1 day.
gimmpy
Stock
Stock

Post by gimmpy »

i have done modeling in 4x4 evo2, so i might be able to to edit it
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

model editing wont be possible till after the release of NFS:Carbon. the one user who knows how to do it wont release it till then.
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

model editing wont be possible till after the release of NFS:Carbon. the one user who knows how to do it wont release it till then.
Can you confirm this! Proof it. Is this guy joking or not!? And why the hell after nfs carbon is released. Then everybody stops nfsmw away and go on playin carbon. Doesn't make sense to me.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i can confirm it, i've already had a few talks with him.

model and performance editing can be used to cheat online. and the modification of game files that we will be doing is reason enough for a user to get his online account banned at EA. arushan doesn't want to be responsible for banned accounts, and he hates people who cheat online. that's why he's worked in the Mod Loader so that you can't play online if you use custom content.

if Carbon uses a similar architecture as Most Wanted, he needs to rework a few things so that cheating online using custom content is not possible in Carbon. that's why we have to wait till after the release of Carbon.

another major factor is the time required to make custom content. it took him almost 6 months to finish the ferarri, and it is comparitively low-poly. he's trying to make the process easier and that's gonna take a while. he is a human being and he has a life. he only does things like this in his spare time.

if you're going to be so stuck on Carbon that you don't want to use custom content for Most Wanted, that's up to you. i personally can wait till he perfects his technique.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Ah yeah.....

prince1142003 has a point ya no :)
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

if you're going to be so stuck on Carbon
Not me personal but it think most people will. Like now we can create custom vinyls for ug2 and mw. almost none for ug2 are made. nfsmw on the other hand lots of vinyls are created. You get what i mean.
Now i can't wait to see whats coming :lol:

Return to “Editing”