can some one explain how this bmw was tuned?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

can some one explain how this bmw was tuned?

Post by BEEFKING69 »

some body online emailed me this save game and the bmw in my cars randomly changes colors/vinlys/rim color. it also has the tuning bars greyed out but they have been set to different settings although the areo and nos are tuneble. so some body download it and see if you can figure out how the non tunable bars were tuned.
Attachments
ZTech.zip
(13.62 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
M@r!n0
Drift King
Drift King

Post by M@r!n0 »

no that's strange...i made same screenshots...but i'm too lazy to upload it...maby tomorow...
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

screenshot.jpg

Post by BEEFKING69 »

this is what it looks like when u go to performance tuning
Attachments
bmw.JPG
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Very odd, usually the BMW doesn't even have a supercharger (and hexing it so crashes the game afaik).
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

hmm very weird i have no clue how they would do this. where did you get that save
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

some guy i was playing online with sent it to me. but it handles like crap to me
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

the original name was ZTech.~51 I renamed it ZTech cause the name was too long
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well its weird i downloaded the save and went to the tuning on the bmw and said it needs to be fitted with tuneable parts or something like that. i dont know :?
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

which bmw did u use? the 1 in career or my cars cause its the 1 in my cars. just do a custom race and ull see
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea i just raced it it is kind of weird it is not any faster and the handling is s**t i dont know but i dont want that bmw although it is one of a kind :wink:
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

I think we need arushams help on this
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: can some one explain how this bmw was tuned?

Post by cparty »

BEEFKING69 wrote:some body online emailed me this save game and the bmw in my cars randomly changes colors/vinlys/rim color. it also has the tuning bars greyed out but they have been set to different settings although the areo and nos are tuneble. so some body download it and see if you can figure out how the non tunable bars were tuned.
There is not much magic in this car. It has been Hex-edited.
As the Vinyl it uses the Code 5E12 which lets the car get the Vinyl of a previously selected car. The BMW has been equipped with L3 Nitro and Junkmans except Turbo, also coplights have been hexed there. The added spoiler and nitro lets you set the performance settings for aerodynamics & nitro, the others need hex-editing. Read here to get the info on how to do all the above: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=10657

cparty
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

cparty wrote:
BEEFKING69 wrote:some body online emailed me this save game and the bmw in my cars randomly changes colors/vinlys/rim color. it also has the tuning bars greyed out but they have been set to different settings although the areo and nos are tuneble. so some body download it and see if you can figure out how the non tunable bars were tuned.
There is not much magic in this car. It has been Hex-edited.
As the Vinyl it uses the Code 5E12 which lets the car get the Vinyl of a previously selected car. The BMW has been equipped with L3 Nitro and Junkmans except Turbo, also coplights have been hexed there. The added spoiler and nitro lets you set the performance settings for aerodynamics & nitro, the others need hex-editing. Read here to get the info on how to do all the above: http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=10657

cparty
But not even hex editing would allow him to tune parts he's not supposed to (like suspension, steering, etc, which you can't tune with Junkmans only)... unless I missed something here. Other things you said are correct, though (my BMW itself is fully upgraded and has Motorsport vinyl).

Good info on the chameleon vinyl BTW.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i think it is actually tuned with those other parts because the steering is horrible but it doesnt accelerate any faster than my BMW with aerodynamics and nitrous and all junkman parts except the turbo i like mine better :wink:
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

Zpectre wrote:But not even hex editing would allow him to tune parts he's not supposed to (like suspension, steering, etc, which you can't tune with Junkmans only)... unless I missed something here.
Those parts arent installed (thats the reason the bars are greyed out), but nevertheless you can change the setting with hex-editing the bytes where the setting would be stored if you had those parts installed.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i want to know how they got the parts on there. guess they took them off before somebody else got their hands on it
BEEFKING69
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BEEFKING69 »

can some one give me a guide on hexing the individual tuning bars? and how does the whole rim and tire glow blue? i can understand the blue rims but not bright blue tires

Return to “Editing”