Increasing weight of car in nfsmw

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
lol123
Stock
Stock

Increasing weight of car in nfsmw

Post by lol123 »

Is it possible to make your car as heavy as one of those tankers?
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: Increasing weight of car in nfsmw

Post by Andreaz1 »

I don't think so, and I couldn't see why you want to do it? :shock:
powerof1000
Drift King
Drift King

Post by powerof1000 »

I think it's possible to do it by editing globalmemoryfile.bin. I don't know how to edit it though.
www.soundcloud.com/spyre
lol123
Stock
Stock

Post by lol123 »

Andreaz1 wrote:I don't think so, and I couldn't see why you want to do it? :shock:
Ram through the roadblocks more easily haha :mrgreen:
powerof1000 wrote:I think it's possible to do it by editing globalmemoryfile.bin. I don't know how to edit it though.
I see. I'll have to figure out then. Thanks :D
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

lol123 wrote:
Andreaz1 wrote:I don't think so, and I couldn't see why you want to do it? :shock:
Ram through the roadblocks more easily haha :mrgreen:
Use the dump truck then.
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

I think I have missed something, loong time since I played, is there a dumptruck too? :shock:
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Actually, it's easy if you have Arushan's Mod Loader and VLTEdit. Open VLTEdit, load DB.VLT, and look for the mass of the car you want to edit. Make a new folder in ADDONS / CARS with the same internal (folder) name as the car you are editing, copy and paste the BIN files from the original ones, and make the rest using Arushan's Ferrari or another car, as a base. You only need the two or three lines at the top, and the values you are changing, as well as the full Car.INI. Look at my MillenWorks Eclipse as a base (I knew there was another use for that!). Once you have found the mass value for the car you are editing, make a new line that looks something like

patch float (name of address, including 0x. should be there in VLTEdit) (new value)

and you're done. It's fairly straightforward once you know how to do that. You can edit just about everything about the cars. However, once you edit the mass, you may want to increase engine power as well or your car will be as slow as a tanker as well.

EDIT: your changes will only work when you load the mod loader version of the game.
EnzoMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EnzoMan »

I guess heavier cars give you pro and contra. Pro: you can ram police cars, even the rhinos, and your opponents. Contra: your car becomes more uncontrollable. So decide it wisely. My suggestion if there really is a way to make the car becomes heavier: do it only for the cars which are not used to race. In other words, don't race using the heavy cars.
Silas Renner
Stock
Stock

Post by Silas Renner »

Hope it works with Cross Corvette C6.R I've installed AI Cars Patch for Cops Cars, and Cross' Car, but Cross Car is too fast, and keep crashing in the wall. The another Cops Cars are Okay. Except Cross Corvette and the Federal Undercover Pursuit Vehicle. I think can fix it changing the mass of both cars.

Return to “Editing”