NFSMW HEX EDITING Unlocking cars.

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

NFSMW HEX EDITING Unlocking cars.

Post by dalamar23666 »

Hi,

I have been doing some hex editing with the save files. I have been trying to find out where the code is that shows the car as locked because you have not beat the black list people. I really want to try out some things with the cars and while I can get them to show up in my garage, they are invisible and there is no car shown when I am driving.

The other thing, I have been trying to find out what decides what cars race you? I have a goal to beat the cars in a race by more than 10,000 feet. I know I know it is cheating etc to beat stage 1 cars with a supped up cobalt, bvut everytime I race I am going against vipers etc.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFSMW HEX EDITING Unlocking cars.

Post by RedCarDriver »

dalamar23666 wrote:Hi,

I have been doing some hex editing with the save files. I have been trying to find out where the code is that shows the car as locked because you have not beat the black list people. I really want to try out some things with the cars and while I can get them to show up in my garage, they are invisible and there is no car shown when I am driving.

The other thing, I have been trying to find out what decides what cars race you? I have a goal to beat the cars in a race by more than 10,000 feet. I know I know it is cheating etc to beat stage 1 cars with a supped up cobalt, bvut everytime I race I am going against vipers etc.
There's a performance-matching system that makes AI drivers have cars with similar performance to yours. In short, the game knows you're in a better car and it puts you against better cars.
dalamar23666
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dalamar23666 »

Do you by chance know what file decides the performance decisions? I am wondering if there is if I can trick it.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

dalamar23666 wrote:Do you by chance know what file decides the performance decisions? I am wondering if there is if I can trick it.
Eh, no - it's hardcoded into the game and if you remove it it's likely that there won't be any opponents at all (which sounds good but is probably worse).

Return to “Editing”