Car Replacement in NFSMW

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
EnzoMan
Ricer
Ricer

Car Replacement in NFSMW

Post by EnzoMan »

Finally I have a Ferrari Enzo Special Edition in NFSMW, after some years searching. I wonder if we can have more than one replaced car. I've tried it by placing the files from the same folder, but nothing happened. The Ford GT returned. There must be someway else. Well, the Enzo I mean is like this, with some edit with my Photoshop. Actually this isn't my image, I just love it so much.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Car Replacement in NFSMW

Post by RedCarDriver »

If I correctly understand what you are saying, you are attempting to add another downloaded car to your game. This does work properly if you do the following:
  • Leave the Enzo files in (install directory)\ADDONS\CARS_REPLACE\FORDGT.
  • Unzip the file of the second downloaded car, and look at what folder is under Cars_Replace in that archive. Take the entire folder and put it under (install directory)\ADDONS\CARS_REPLACE\, WITHOUT CHANGING THE NAME (this is crucial).
  • Paste the badging under ADDONS\FRONTEND\MANUFACTURERS as normal.
If you need more help than this then post again.

If this is not what you are asking and you want both the Ford GT and the Ferrari Enzo, this is not possible unless someone makes the Enzo replace a car other than the Ford GT, which is not something you can do yourself unless you have ZModeler and ZModeler 2, and a LOT of time (in short, don't try unless you're willing to spend a lot of time and $60USD on it).
Albtraum
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Albtraum »

Have to disagree on the last part. :wink:

It's possible to change the car to replace.
Take a close look at the car.ini in the Cars_Replace/FordGT folder.
there should be an entry like:
internal=fordgt
just change it to another car-folder, like punto :lol:
then rename FordGT folder to Punto and it should replace the punto instead of the gt.

just one thing, missing Bodykits and AI don't match.
if you're replacing one of the normal cars driven by AI and the replacement car has only one bodykit, thats bad if the AI uses a bodykit, which doesn't display then (like prostreet booster cars pre patch)

i'll have to sort out half of the cars i added that way :(
tried to replace allmost all cars (except a few a really like), but didn't take a close look at the cars i replaced them with.

good luck.
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by RedCarDriver »

Funny, I didn't think that was possible as the .BIN files contain names of textures and models linked to the car name, like "RX7_???????" and stuff. And even if you did this and it worked, there'd still be problems - none of the hashes in Attributes.MWPS and FE.MWPS would line up and, while it's fixable with VLTEdit, it's a huge pain to do so repeatedly.

If this does work and the car in question doesn't have any bodykits (like earlier cars and the two CCX models), and there are relatively few hashes to fix, or there's a problem with the car it otherwise replaces (e.g. Monaro shares too much with the GTO and it can't be fixed, Corvette C6.R has no forced induction entry so you can't patch over it), then I can see why this would be valuable. Otherwise it's not worth it.
EnzoMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EnzoMan »

RedCarDriver, you got my mind. I want to have more than one replaced like BMW M3 GTR DTM, Audi R8, and the others which don't have any incorrect logo. Well, I'll try your suggestion. Thanks, and when it works, or fail, I'll let you know.

Oh yeah, if you guys have, please tell me what tool I need to replace cars, or to edit it, and where to download it.

*mod note*
Two posts merged. Do not double post.
Last edited by EnzoMan on 17 Sep 2008, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
EnzoMan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EnzoMan »

Help! Now I have installed the other mod cars, but after deleting them I can't enter car lot and shops! There is some error in quick race, too, because after racing I can't go back to the main menu. But the trouble only happens in Mod Loader version. Do I need to re-install it? And also, I have a save editor. Yesterday, nothing is wrong after using it. Today my money became only one cr! What the hell?!
Sir Tristan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sir Tristan »

People, is it really possible to just rename the internal stuff to make cars replace something else???
Cos I've always DREAMED of a Ferrari replacing the PUNTO...

And Albtraum, did it really work?
I tried doing this but then the whole game shiznit up and had to reinstall it :(
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

HA, a Ferrari as a starting car lol
Villain
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Villain »

Even though this is an old thread I'm still going to answer:

No. You can't exchange what car the mod uses to replace. This is configured during the conversion, the car.ini just fixes the manufacturer-logo and secondary-logo (as far as I can remember).

You'd need to redo the whole mod and during that process you could exchange what car is replaced. Best option to understand this is to take a look of NFSMW Mod Tools on NFSCars.net.

Return to “Editing”