NFS: MW coloring custom vinyls

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
qmiW
Ricer
Ricer

NFS: MW coloring custom vinyls

Post by qmiW »

First, I'd like to Quote a post from another (inactive?)forum:
I have some problems loading DDS-files in Photoshop. I've downloaded the plugin from Nvidia and all seems okey untill I open the file. The colors are all wrong and the picture there's some grid covering the hole picture.. Any ideas?
Picuture of how it looks in PS

Anyway. I downloaded Dxtbmp and it looked ALOT better. The problem is the vinyls are showing up in the WRONG color, for exampel, a red vinyl in paint/photoshop turns out BLUE in MW. Blue get red in the game.. You get the point. Thing is, its NOT exactly the opposit.

I extracted the china flag vinyl and inverted the colors. The supposed red flag with the yellowstar and whatever was switched!!(wtf?) The flag was yellow with a red star..

I dont get the logic at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Got Windows Vista 64
Photoshop CS3
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT (got a laptop)
4gb RAm
etc..

Does your vinyls show up as normal?

This is how it looks for me NOW and a in game of how its supposed to look
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: NFS: MW coloring custom vinyls

Post by prince1142003 »

You have to switch the Blue and Red channels. Look around the forum, there's a post somewhere that details how to make custom vinyls for Most Wanted. Use the search function.
qmiW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by qmiW »

prince1142003 wrote:You have to switch the Blue and Red channels. Look around the forum, there's a post somewhere that details how to make custom vinyls for Most Wanted. Use the search function.
Superthanks for the fast answer! I't solved the problem :) I saved a preset of the mixed channels :mrgreen:

Sorry I didnt search the forum, but I've been sweeping clean at some other nfs-forms(I even tried to find answers at a turkish site).

Anyway, if someone else needs help and dont know how to fix it klick this link http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... d=a#p43941

edit. Btw, is there a reason why you replace unique vinyls and NOT flagvinyls? I replaced Poland and it worked like a charm(full car vinyl).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I would assume you replace unique vinyls because they don't require coloring. I believe the flag vinyls will work as well since they don't require additional coloring either.

Return to “Editing”