Help with vinyls(yes i know this has been brought up

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Juggalochaos69
Ricer
Ricer

Help with vinyls(yes i know this has been brought up

Post by Juggalochaos69 »

Hi I am new somewhat to modding nfs mw and am having trouble i have adobe photoshop cs2 and i edit my vinyls and, changed them and, the even work,except for the vinyl color dosent change like the normal ones in the game.

So my question is can someone point me in a detailed vinyl guide for mw on mew tex using adobe or explain how to to make the new images like the mask images the kinda blanked out look ,i i heard it was called a chewed image how do i do that plaeasee help, i am somewhat noob

Thanks in return

been trying for weeks to get it right
Juggalochaos69
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Help with vinyls(yes i know this has been brought up

Post by Juggalochaos69 »

can someone answer and not just view im not trying to be a d**** but come on!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

There was a guide. Which means there still is, since forum threads rarely get deleted. Try using the search tool for now. I'll see if I can find it as well.

EDIT
What exactly are you trying to do? Please explain the situation a little more clearly.
Juggalochaos69
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juggalochaos69 »

hey thanks for the answer but ive looked at the forums none of them show my problem

its not that i can't get the vinyl in the game but when i change the color to red or some other color it doesn't change color
like regular vinyls

if i sent them too you you probably could figure it out

i can do that if need be

Thanks in return
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

You need to replace a vinyl that you can change colors for. There's also something additional you have to do the mask, but let me double check what that is. I haven't made vinyls in over 2 years.

EDIT
I can't find the guidlines I used, so the best way for you to get what you want done is to take a look at some of the vinyls that came with the game. Take a look at the mask and the vinyl files for one of the vinyls that can be colored.
Juggalochaos69
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juggalochaos69 »

thanks ill try that

im just getting little confused with it all.

thank you
but how do you know which one you can edit and it will work in the game?

by the way i used the guide from nfscars .net or nfsplanet.com on how to make vinyls never understood it if you could make sense of it let me know

if not its cool but thanks for the info
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Yeah, that guide is a little confusing.

Depending on what you want your custom vinyl to be able to do, will determine which vinyl you replace. If you don't need your custom vinyl to be colorable in the game, replace a unique vinyl or any other similar vinyl that isn't colorable in the game. Do the opposite if you want your vinyl to be colorable. You can replace any vinyl, but you should only replace ones that are normally available in the game. That way you don't need to perform additional editing to put the vinyl on your car.
Juggalochaos69
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Juggalochaos69 »

hey thank you

and thanks for understanding sorry i didn't get back pc screwed up so i had to fix it but i saved nfs mw

ill do that

Return to “Editing”