MOMO Racing Wheel, NFS U2

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
TheoParke
Stock
Stock

MOMO Racing Wheel, NFS U2

Post by TheoParke »

Hey everyone ..

Really excited to have found these forums. I'm a big fan of NSF U2 and I have just started picking at Most Wanted.

Here's my problem. I have a PC running XP and a MOMO force feedback wheel. I used to play U2 a lot last year, and the MOMO is a GREAT wheel to play it with. I recently pulled it out and wanted to play it some more, but it's acting strangely. When I get set to race in U2, the pedals stop working. The car refuses to accellerate from the pedal. When I test it with Logitech's softwear, it seems to work fine, but in U2 it does not work.

Even weirder is behavior in Most Wanted. I can start a race ok, and race fine using the pedals. But after a few races, input wigs out, like when I'm looking at a menu of selections and it's as if someone is holding down one of the arrow keys, and won't let it up. It keeps flipping through menu options over and over, very fast, with virtually no way to interrupt it! It stops when I unplug the wheel's USB cable, and starts again when I plug it back in.

I have reinstalled the Logitech drivers, downloaded from the Web site. I have also reinstalled U2, twice now. Is my wheel just hosed? Do I need to go find another one? Cause that would seriously bum me out.

Thanks .. look forward to participating more on the board.

Theo
YaelDjiel
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by YaelDjiel »

err, i had that menu thing in MW as well..
i think it has to do with seperate/combined pedal settings
if not then no idea (i have a MS sidewinder wheel :P so cant help more)
and welcome to the forums btw
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

I had the same if not a similar problem with my wheel in U2, if I unplugged it during gameplay still jacked up.

But if I close game and unplug and start game again it didn't mess up. But I think it had to do with the wheel so I stopped using it and started using the Rumblepad 2 :D
Driv2Slow
TheoParke
Stock
Stock

Post by TheoParke »

YaelDjiel wrote:and welcome to the forums btw
Thanks!

So I need to not have the wheel/pedal plugged in until after I start up the game?

Is there some kind of user settings file that might have become corrupted that I can toss out and have the game rebuild for me? I swear the thing was working fine the last time I hooked it up. I've taken pretty good care of it since then. I really can think of no reason why the pedals should just suddenly stop working.

I really enjoy the wheel and it'll really tick me off if I have to chuck it at this point.

Theo

Return to “Help & Support”