Official Dyno Tuning Thread

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Official Dyno Tuning Thread

Post by MikeFarrar »

This is the Official Dyno Tuning Thread. Post tips and tricks on how to squeeze that extra lil bit of juice out of your Performance parts. And for people who don't know how, FIRST read this thread and see if your question has been answered. IF NOT post what race type, what car then what you want to know. You are free to post your setups and give tips on how to improve it.

Basics for Drift and Drag:

Drift:
-Always make sure you have the highest possible ride height. This raises your center of gravity and creates more body roll. This means one side is barely touching the ground as you turn, which means a loss of traction, and loss of traction is good.(correct me if i'm wrong)

-Make sure all your suspension settings are fairly stiff. This eliminates shock travel, so you have much more responsive steering and you lose more traction-therefore your car can drift much more easier.

-Tune your ECU and Turbo towards your lower-midrange RPM's. This reduce power loss while you are driftin.

-Tune your Gearbox for MAXIMUM acceleration, so your car gains speed while it is drifting instead of losing it.

Drag:
-For your ECU and Turbo you want to tune them towards the higher RPM ranges. This ensures maximum power where you want it. Does your car drop back down to 1k rpm after you shift? Of course not!

-Usually, if you are just trying to beat career mode u usually leave it at that, but if your really hardcore (like me :D )you can try and fool around with the suspension settings. You want your rear suspension systems to be fairly soft. Your ride height must be as LOW as possible towards the front, and you can experiment with the rear. Remember the rule of thumb for drag is that you want your rear wheels to provide MAXIMUM traction.

-You've got two choices for the gearbox. If you are only tryin to get good quarter mile times, lean your gearbox towards acceleration, but if you are trying to get good times with the Game tracks, lean more towards top speed.

If any of this information is wrong, just correct me and i'll edit this post. Remember the settings are all up to you and your driving style, so just use this information as guidelines, not rules. and at last but not least, HAVE FUN!!!

Now in the meantime, i need to uncover more info about this 'Turbo Glitch' lurking around forums. I'll let you know when i get more info.

~Mike
VENOMkaizer14
Ricer
Ricer

Post by VENOMkaizer14 »

hey mike can u please give me stats to get the most power out of my celica in a circuit race? it would be greatly appreciated
SkyZinne
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SkyZinne »

This thread is dead!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Well it *was* dead until you revivied it. Please, if you have nothing to say, do everyone a favour and say nothing.
paras779
Drift King
Drift King

Post by paras779 »

well somebody tell me the gear ratios for 240SX(DRAG)..
ViperGT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperGT »

Thanks this guide is really helpful
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

3000GT in drag,please

Thnx :D
SoSneaky
Stock
Stock

Post by SoSneaky »

Nissan240SX for a circuit race on the track Outer Ring
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

honda civic in drag plz thx
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
SkyZinne
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SkyZinne »

I think the best advice for tunning is try and tune all the cars. I did this and I've found that some of the cars that people dont use are the good ones, but only if tuned really good.
apa
Stock
Stock

Post by apa »

Does anyone have tips for tuning the Audi TT for circuit? In stock configuration it understeers really bad, though I think I've got used to it :) On the test track I get times in 1:26-1:28 range and below is my setup:

Suspension
Lowering, Front: -3.71, Rear: -3.71
Springs, Front: 8.45, Rear: 8.45
Shocks, Front: 9.03, Rear: 9.03
Sway bar, Front: 7.92, Rear: 8.27
Steering ratio: 1.18

Drivetrain: 3.93

Aerodynamics:
Downforce, Front: 10, Rear: 8.71

Tires & Brakes:
Tire grip, Front: 6.6, Rear: 6.2

ECU: (see explanation below)
| 0% | 25% | 100% | 100% | 100% | 100% | 100% | 95% | 90% |

Turbo:
| 0% | 0% | 10% | 60% | 95% | 100% | 90% | 60% | 10% |

The ECU and Turbo numbers are approximations how much of the red area is covered by the adjustable blue area for each RPM range. Eg. if the value for a range was 50%, the tuning dot would be at half of the adjustable area. Am I making any sense here?-)

The dyno numbers for this setup:
0-60: 3.95 s, 0-100: 7.55 s
Top speed: 338 km/h
Max torque: 494.5 Nm @ 5900 RPM
Max power: 332.2 kW @ 7100 RPM

Should I be able to tune the gearbox for each gear separately in circuit mode? I have only the single drive train number for tuning between top speed and acceleration. I haven't unlocked all level 3 upgrades yet.

Some of the suspension settings may seem strange because the rear is stiffer but I tried to make the car lose the massive understeering... Any help is appreciated![/b]
Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

When you get Lvl 3 Transmission upgrades, you'll be able to adjust each gear separately ...

For maximum acceleration, you should tune your gearing to keep power as high as possible ... For example, if you have a flat power curve from 6000-8000 RPM, you'd want to tune your gears so when you shift up at 8000 RPM, you end up at 6000 RPM in the next gear. To do this involves a simple calculation ... (Assuming power doesn't drop off before the redline)

You multiply the Shift RPM (8000) by the Top Speed in the Gear you're in (say 100 MPH) and divide by the desired RPM after the shift (6000) to get ...

8000*100/6000 = 133 MPH
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

(correct me if i'm wrong)
ok, i've put in lowest suspention, and get very good insane drifts w/ low suspention the way i do it. :wink:
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

hey mike, what do u suggest for nos on drag? I put it more towards length instead of power and it seems to work pretty good, what do u think?
Burnie
Ricer
Ricer
Location: Beijing, China, Asia, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 4.3

Post by Burnie »

Drift
- Turn it to acceleration
- Get the brakes to be front biased
- lower everything in suspension a bit, but not TOO much or you end up doing too many 360s.

Drag
- Turn it to top speed
- get the ECU and Turbo max at around 6 and 7 RPMs
- N2O a bit toward duration
- Full downforce

Street X
- Suspension down by about two notches
- closer to acceleration

Circuit, Sprint, and URL
- Duration nitrous
- Loosen up the suspension by about a notch
- Full downforce
- ECU and Turbo max at around 6 and 7 RPMs
l 3o5 l
Ricer
Ricer

Post by l 3o5 l »

For drag im awesome at tuning I run 19s on bayview all the time I nos in 2nd gear so ill post up some gears here for that type of setup:

Car:240sx(only will work on this car)

Suspension:

Transmission:
Final:3.70

Areo:
F:0.00
R:5.54

Tire:
F:0.00
R:10.00

ECU: pretty much the first 2 down and 3 though 9 up
Turbo:do the turbo glitch after you should have about 517ish

With this setup I perfer you to use the Ace frnt bump sideskirt and rear bumper and a lvl 3 spolier and 18 inch rims.. And BTW this isn't the setup i use but VERY close the only diffrience is my 2nd though 4th gear... Please don't complain I didn't need to post this..
LouDestShadoW
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LouDestShadoW »

Yeah can someone help me with my Honda for xbox live? ive heard of tuning methods to outrun 240's. Alas, i've had no avail on my own...

Btw, nice 240sx specs :wink:
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

How do I get the turbo glitch to work and what is it? does it work on ranked cars?
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

You do realize this thread is a month old right?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

Yes but I need dyno tuning help and this is the official dyno tuning thread and it's stickied
Segovia
Stock
Stock

Post by Segovia »

TheNoobofFerraris wrote:You do realize this thread is a month old right?
And you do realize that everytime someone posts a new tuning thread, it gets locked, and they are directed to post in this thread? :roll:
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

Well ok, you didn't have to make a big deal out if it. :?
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by type.R »

YamahaATV wrote:Yes but I need dyno tuning help and this is the official dyno tuning thread and it's stickied
What is your online name??
YamahaATV
Drift King
Drift King

Post by YamahaATV »

TNTRxFire what is yours?
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by type.R »

Well lets just say I was in the clan: xUndEMSx.. But in like late july I stoped pllayin that game cuz college.. But I was nasty at drag.. I'd pull 19s all day! lol most of EMS would.. Our biggiest rivals were DMS.. They were some BI*TCHES!!! With a capital B.. lol If ya want to know more just PM me ;)

Return to “Help & Support”