Debug_Vinyls.dds only shows top and left?

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground 2.
caesar666
Ricer
Ricer

Debug_Vinyls.dds only shows top and left?

Post by caesar666 »

Hi guys! I've been reading a lot in the forum on how to create my own custom vinyls for NFSU2.
I've already downloaded BinTex 0.5 and the latest DDS Photoshop plugins from Nvidia. Yet, everytime I opened the debug_vinyls.dds with Photoshop (I'm using Photoshop CS4), the debug_vinyls.dss file only showing the left and top part. I realized that there has to be left, right, rear, front, and top parts when the debug_vinyls.dss file is opened. So, I've been wondering why in my system the debug_vinyls.dss file didn't show correctly. Any help would be appreaciated. Thanks :D

FYI: I'm using Windows XP SP3, NETFramework 3.5 installed, and the latest DirectX 9.0
RedCarDriver
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Debug_Vinyls.dds only shows top and left?

Post by RedCarDriver »

My solution: don't use either Photoshop or BinTex, better tools exist. Use NFS TexEd 0.8.0.7 to extract the .DDS files from the .BIN, and use GIMP 2.6 for Windows and its DDS plugin to convert the .DDS to .TGA format. This works fine for me, and although I don't think BinTex is the problem (more likely because of Photoshop CS4), I figure I should provide both tools to eliminate any possible problems.

Return to “Editing”