Online Connection Issue.....

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
NeelanPavan
Stock
Stock

Online Connection Issue.....

Post by NeelanPavan »

Hiya guys

Just recently started playing NFS:U online and when i go into different rooms, my connection is always full bars in green however when I play against players i see other peoples car jump all over the place, is this due cuz my connection or not?

hope someone can help/advise

neel
Sp3aK
UMP Owner
UMP Owner

Post by Sp3aK »

I get that too. It might just be the other players have crappy connections or it's possiblye that it's you.

What kind of connection do you have and where do you live at?
NeelanPavan
Stock
Stock

Post by NeelanPavan »

got a cable connectoin live in uk
orvnahum_
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by orvnahum_ »

theres nothing you can do...
dont even mind the bars you see in the rooms theyre meaningless.. they only represent a peer to peer ping but in practice, the game's netcode is so crappy that even if youre against someone with a green bar it feels like playing with 800 ping..
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

other peoples cars jumping about means that either there lagging or it's the server. i have 1mb and i still come across this too.

when you race someone, you're best just to race people with almost full bars.........that way you won't come across it so often.
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

I have a similar problem. When I connect to Internet and run the it starsts to work very slow (even in the menu)! I had Win98 and it worked fine, but I formated my hard drive, installed WinXp and now it works so crappy! :x
can anyone help? :?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

I'm surprised to hear that it ran smoothly under Win98 and it SUCKS under XP.
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

I don't get it either. I installed all the newest drivers and even overclocked my computer, but nothing worked.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Have you done a windows update for XP? I know that you already downloaded the drivers, but there was a driverupdate amongst it. Never got the shiny rims and car, but now the car reflection is at its maximum! Not that it plays smoothly ;) because my comp is too slow (256 ram/Geforce2-64MB). It works fine without the car reflection though. Couple of other ppl tried it too: same nice result...
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

mine was a strange problem, like before my reformat my bar was like maxed out 24/7 but when went down and i installed nfsu again, i went to like the last bar..only 1, but ingame performance was exactly the same, but joining games was an issue, kept disconnecting and not refreshing, and im on like highspeed ADSL so i really dont know wats the problem..
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Well, like orvnahum_ said: the connection bars don't mean anything, the online performance of NFSU is often quite bad. Got used to it eventually, but it is pretty distracting if you see somebody flying over the track, one moment miles behind you, the other miles in front of you. When I first played NFSU online I thought ppl were using a ResetCheat from other NFS games, but it was the lag of the server that was causing it. Most confusing is that sometimes it seems as if somebody crashes, so you try to dodge it and you crash (of course :? ). But the car isn't really there! Tried to ignore it in games that ppl are all over the place and yes: you drive straight through them...
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

the worst one was i was against this smarta** driver who kept insulting my driving, so i took him one and it was the innercity map, so when we went down that really steep road that goes up and down, i totalled him, like i nicked his back slightly and i saw him bounce over me and totally like spin out, than bam! he was like 20m ahead...
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

yeah, this lag is like you are in a time machine. events happen, and than... it's all different again. NFSU Groundhogs day or something. :)
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Right, if I wouldn't know any better (and I don't ;)), it looks just like your local NFSU client inserts its own carbehaviour when the server is too slow to respond properly. Then it picks up again, server too slow: insert own carbehaviour, picks up again etc. Like your innerear taking over from your eyesight when you close your eyes in a rollercoaster ;)
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

^^^^lol
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

"GROUNDHOG DAY" LOL

Return to “Help & Support”