Help with PS2 NFS Underground

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Help with PS2 NFS Underground

Post by rover21 »

Hello I am new here and have a question on the NFS Underground for PS2. I am in Underground mode nd am on race #101. My question is when I am not in undergound mode and just want to customize a car I can't do everything to it visual wise. It only lets me haev a certain number of body kits not nearly as much when you are in Underground. I haven't tried the performance part yet butI know you can do it becasue my friend has, and also when you are playing through underground and unlock differnet levels of paint I still @ race #101 I only have the top part of paint available the others are locked still?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appretiated!
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

This is the same in all versions of the game. If you haven't finished your profile, only the parts that you've actually bought in Underground mode are available in Quick Race mode. Once you finsih UG mode, suddenly all parts will be available in Quick Race...

btw - I have PS2 version too, if you're wondering :)
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rover21 »

okay thanks for the info! I mean I have the storm body kit on my car but it is not available in normal mode. So you are saying once I complete Underground mode I will be able to use everything or do I have to buy everything?? Also what about that paint problem I seem to be having?? It only lets me paint on level one evn though I have unlocked all paint levels they still have that locked emblem up. Which i thought was weird, I eman I am almost done I am on race #101 so youd think I would be able to use almost everything! Thanks again for the info!!
:lol:
Speed818
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Speed818 »

You should be able to get those paints by simply scrolling into the locked ones and buying them (Just go into ant level 2/3 paint section and choose the color, then it should ask do you want to buy this, press yea, then they'll become available) :)
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rover21 »

thanks man I will do try that!!! And if that works I will feel stupid :?
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Just by them all mate! :)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

rover21 wrote:...And if that works I will feel stupid :?
lol - yeh the paint one got me too, first time around. :roll:
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rover21 »

Thanks again everyone. So I will just buy the paint! And buy all of the visuals to get the body kits rims etc!!! :P
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rover21 »

okay guys you were right the paint is available now, body its and suck are not but probably because I haven't beaten this annoying 350ZX. The last race is hard, really hard. But shouldnI buy all the parts that I want in normal mode now becasue I heard once you beat underground mode you can't do anyhting anymore!! Or do you automatically get everything once you beat the game???
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

You're right on both counts... once you finish the game, your underground car can no longer be changed. At the same time, all parts etc become available in Quick Race mode.

Many ppl choose not to finish a profile however, they finish race 111 to get the final upgrade, widebodies, and then don't race the final, final race #112, rather they go and buy everything so it's all available in Quick Race.

This way, they still get to be able to change their undergournd car, which of course has the unique performance parts you chose through the game. These parts can never be added to a regular car in Quick Race.

One thing about this, it's unlikely that all the decals will be available of you do things this way, but that's not such a big deal imo...

Your decision dude. Myself, having finished the game many times, I have some profiles that are completely finished, and others that aren't - gives me plenty of options :wink:
rover21
Ricer
Ricer

Post by rover21 »

thanks man you have been alot of help. I guess I will not race the game then but even though I have the storm body kit I do not have it in quick race mode for some reason!

Return to “Help & Support”