nfsu can it run on my system?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
Samuel Morse
Stock
Stock

nfsu can it run on my system?

Post by Samuel Morse »

Hi,
I was just wondering if I could run NFSU on my system. Will the game be "playable" (eg. acceptable framerate, image quality, loading time) on my system.

Current system:
AMD Duron 900mhz, 128mb sdram, gf2 64mb, 4x agp, (chipset: via km133 fsb 200)

Should I upgrade my system in order to play the game properly?

If I was to upgrade I was sorta thinking of gecube 9550 radeon and add 256mb stick of sdram. Will that be okay to play nfsu?? What about loading time? Do I need to change the cpu?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Uff. here they are my system:

AMD 1600+ (1400mhz) 512mb ram, gf2 64mb(the same than yours) and I consider it is the "limit" to play well. about 20fps@1024 and about 80% of graphics-options quality. Our GFX card doesnt support DirectX 9 so you can play, but without options as motion Blur and you cannot watch people ingame. This is an example of motion blur, see it: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/files/nfs7/ ... 995623.jpg

you probably need to change CPU. buy a cheap one (for example AMD 1.8ghz about 50€/55$). Probably you will need a new Graphics card to play nfsu2... as gforce FX series.

Intall it before buying anything is my suggestion.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Samuel Morse, NFSU should run on your system. It will run on min settings on 800x600 resolution, but it should run.
The only thing that concerns me a little is the low amount of ram you have.
Samuel Morse
Stock
Stock

Post by Samuel Morse »

you probably need to change CPU. buy a cheap one (for example AMD 1.8ghz about 50€/55$).
If I do get a new cpu, ati 9550 and a extra 256mb of ram would my psu have enough power to supply it? I think the power supply is 240watt

Someone told me that my system may use a "proprietary" size of PSU, so it would most likely be too expensive to replace. Also my chipset only supports 200fsb, and most athlon xp are 333fsb, does that matter?

Which cpu's can I currently get without changing mobo and/or psu? and would they give me a good performance boost if i upgraded to them?

My system is an hp 8802

full system specs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docu ... e=bph06587
Also added in a asus 48x cdrw, gf2 and upgraded to winxp. Cdrom is disabled but not removed.

My case contains no fans in it besides the cpu fan. Would I need a fan if I upgrade to mentioned specs?? Temperatures of system are currently reported as cpu: 23 degree celsius motherboard: 23 degree celsius

I really want to be able to play NFSU and NFSU2 normally not at minimum quality.

Thanks for all the help
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Listen to bobyx, he said you can play nfsu. at 800x600 and low/middle gfx quality.

If you want to upgrade your pc and need help, visit hardware sites. This is a need for speed site. I have told you some suggestions yesterday, so..
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Power supply is good enough. Don't even worry about it. I run ATI9500Pro with 1GB RAM, and the cpu is AMD 2500XP+ Barton. I have stock PSU @ 200W (that's small).

You definately should start thinking of a new CPU, Athlon is not only cheaper, but it's also more efficient (though it runs a bit hotter). Once you get a new CPU, don't worry about front side bus. Also, AMD is the way to go, but you'll have to figure out what's the socket type for the CPU, and get the best you can afford based on that. (i.e. you can't put Intel there, and you can't put some of the latest AMD chips, but you'll have to look your system socket type up - or call HP Customer Service.

Your system's temperature is (obviously!) very low - mine runs @42C when idle, and up to 60C when it's fully loaded with some game, with Photoshop and Excel in backround and that also includes firewall, Antivirus and so on. It runs fine.

Don't worry about the heat - the chip looses efficiency when it get's into high 80's. As far as putting fans - you don't really need that, unless it's going to be a very powerfull system. I have 3 fans - CPU, PSU, and the video card with it's own fan - which is quite, that's why I like the ATI 9500 Pro.

My only complaint is my HD is as loud a geiger counter, lol.

And NFSU runs fine on my machine at max resolution with all options 'ON' @1280-1024.

here is a pic of the game how it looks with my system (undedited screenshot quality - i only cropped out the part so it fits on the page good).

++eddie++
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ++eddie++ »

Dani350z wrote:Uff. here they are my system:

AMD 1600+ (1400mhz) 512mb ram, gf2 64mb(the same than yours) and I consider it is the "limit" to play well. about 20fps@1024 and about 80% of graphics-options quality. Our GFX card doesnt support DirectX 9 so you can play, but without options as motion Blur and you cannot watch people ingame. This is an example of motion blur, see it: http://www.nfsunlimited.net/files/nfs7/ ... 995623.jpg

you probably need to change CPU. buy a cheap one (for example AMD 1.8ghz about 50€/55$). Probably you will need a new Graphics card to play nfsu2... as gforce FX series.

Intall it before buying anything is my suggestion.
How did ya get that screen shot? it is damn cool! So is there slow FPSes on the game? mine's real slow! p3 600MHZ 256 ddr gf4 64 mbs

Return to “Help & Support”