Toyota Supra & Nissan 350Z

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!

Can 350Z and Supra match circuit performance of Mazdas?

yes
22%
no
78%

Total votes: 9

fv
Ricer
Ricer

Toyota Supra & Nissan 350Z

Post by fv »

How to tune those cars to be able to keep up with Miatas and RX-7s on circuits ? What TJ's would you suggest and what performance upgrades ? I mean online racing in NFS:U.

I tried 3 lev upgrades with Transmission+Turbo+Weight but didn't really acheived much performance. 350Z needs tires+suspension upgrades to be a stable, well cornering car but then it looses at speed and accel.

Supra with drivetrain+turbo+weight can't corner neither sharp curves nor wide, fast ones. Selecting Tires+Suspension kills speed.

Maybe I raced wrong circuits ? On what circuits those cars perform best ? I tried Market Street but both highly understeered and slided off the road.
John T, Herder
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by John T, Herder »

350z and supra look good , but miata handles better and rx7 is faster .
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

[quote="John T, Herder"]350z and supra look good , but miata handles better and rx7 is faster .[/quote]

I know this, that's why I posted this topic. I am hoping someone tried different setups and will share his knowledge how to keep up with mazdas.
There must be a way to make those cars run fast. Other cars have such combinations (like 240ZX or Celica) so I figured out it's me who can't find them not cars that are bad.
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I used to win circuit online a lot in my Supra. Circuit, unlike drag, is more down to driver skill and taking the racing line than anything. I have suspension/ecu/transmission
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

Grez~Supra_RZ-S wrote:I used to win circuit online a lot in my Supra. Circuit, unlike drag, is more down to driver skill and taking the racing line than anything. I have suspension/ecu/transmission
Thanks for giving me hope :) I just won some Inner City races using Toyota Celica[1] and I bet RX-7 owners were mad at me. It is very fun to see people pressing Start Race just after someone with other car than Miata/206 join race and then loosing race they were sure to win. I'd like to cause such surprises using also other cars ;-)

[1] best 43.41s lap time without NOS, so other drivers were very slow :)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

350z is the worse handling car in nfsu. If you dont crash any time in a circuit, you are the king! :)

I passed the game with Z. but once I had to change the car, and took the Miata. In one of these races you have to beat a time (for example do a lap in 1:15) I always did 1:17 or something like that with Z. After 40 failure times, I took the Miata/MX5 and did 1:04 LOL.
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

Dani350z wrote:350z is the worse handling car in nfsu. If you dont crash any time in a circuit, you are the king! :)

I passed the game with Z. but once I had to change the car, and took the Miata. In one of these races you have to beat a time (for example do a lap in 1:15) I always did 1:17 or something like that with Z. After 40 failure times, I took the Miata/MX5 and did 1:04 LOL.
Yesterday great player gave me a hint that spoiler, hood and wide body METTER for handling and performance. I checked this only on 206 & Miata and this is true. Stay tuned, I'll try to find best wing for toyota and 350Z.

As for worse handling of 350Z - I disagree. Try Supra with Aeromax spoiler - can't corner even at 250km/h.
I also used to think Miata is not much better in handling than Supra. Try it without spoiler or with 1st level simple one!
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Well, If thats really true, then I would love to know so combo's!!!
fv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by fv »

350Z: Transmission + Turbo + Weight. Wide body kit + Grifter spoiler. Slow accel but handles like badly tuned RX-7 so it has some chances :) I don't think it's level can be much improved.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

uuh the widebody and spoiler have NO effect at all!!!! atleast not in NFSU
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

for circuit, nothing can match the rx7... actually for anything and everything....

for drags.... rx7s can hit 18.6s (ive done it many times), supras can hit 19.5s (done it many times too lol) and 350z 19.7s or 19.6s... cant remember which... but the tj unique combo i use is transmission, eng, nos..... if u play me online, i probably have the fastest supra cause im the only one who uses it lolol....

Online names:
TTSUPRAracer- supra
VgE1marshall- rx7
marshallpre1-any car i like for the day... could be celica, eclipse, etc...

Return to “Help & Support”