GFX help

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground.
Be sure to search first!
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Look, there are not reasonably good gfx cards whch plug into the PCI slot any more. PCI is just too slow, and even if you, by chance, find a GF4 Titanium, or the equivalent ATI, the wont work as good as an AGP one, since AGP is -Accelerated Graphics Port- and, guess what, PCI is not accelerated, so, even if you manage to turn crowds and blur and that stuff you want to turn on, it will run like a solar calculator in a clowdy day inside a phonecase under you shoe.
I f you can't afford a new motherboard, it means you can't affor the gaming quality, and that's it, unless you mange to be friend of the mb manufacturing company, and he starts giving them away as a new year souvenir.

<<<Realyty Analisys by Koffy>>>
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

PCI doesn't have the bandwidth of AGP- that's why it's slower, not because of an extra word in the name. Anyways, NFSU isn't an incredibly graphics intensive game, I'm sure that it'd run well on a PCI FX5600 or so.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

You can't play nfsu with excellent gfx without a good PC. You could buy a good PC to play fast with 400$ (you already have a monitor, a keyboard...) Ask your parents for it.

If your parents dont agree to spend 400$, then you could change motherboard + gfx card. Forget ppl who suggest you to buy a FX6800 because it costs 500$+. Just go to a PC shop and ask for a cheap motherboard, it will work and will cost you about 40$. The guy in PC shop will ask you if you have Intel Pentium or AMD.
Then you need a new graphics card, I have played with ATI9200 and Gforce FX5200, both of them are cheap and you can play very well nfsu, and costs about 50$. So 40 + 50 = 90$ ;)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

good idea Dani, try this sweet-16.
Sweet-16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweet-16 »

thanks Dani, you're idea is better.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

Meh, cheaping out on stuff is never really the best idea. Motherboards included, there's more to buying a motherboard than price (different chipsets, features, onboard video or not, expansion slots). Search around for the best chipset for the processor you're using (Nforce 2 400 for socket A AMDs for instance), find what slots you'll need, one that supports good ram, and then find the best price for it. A truely good motherboard won't cost more than $150, cheap compared to most other components. It's worth not cheaping out on.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

buing sheep parts wont slove your problem, maybe for few month but after few month you gona start new threed and ask hot to make some other game to look better...
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Drewb99 wrote:PCI doesn't have the bandwidth of AGP- that's why it's slower, not because of an extra word in the name. Anyways, NFSU isn't an incredibly graphics intensive game, I'm sure that it'd run well on a PCI FX5600 or so.
Notice that, even whenn you have a PCI, which is 33.3 MHz, and an AGP of 66.6 MHz, AGP is also accelerated, therefore it's name, which makes it even faster.
There is no such thing as a PCI 5600 (exept for Express-PCI, which is something completely different).

Return to “Help & Support”