Custom vinyls

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
Nebo
Stock
Stock

Custom vinyls

Post by Nebo »

Hello,

This is my first post here :D

I want to know more about making custom vinyls. I have PSP and i have downloaded an plugin for DDS files. I CAN open vinyls into PSP but when I save them I can't import them into the game with BinTex. What's wrong? Do you have any idea how to fix it but with PSP, not PS?

Thanks,
Nebo
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

Welcome Nebo.

There are already other topics on this, so I suggest that you look around before asking for help. :)
Nebo
Stock
Stock

Post by Nebo »

I actually looked at other posts about that subject but I didn't find good answer to my problem.

When I load an dds vinyl into PSP I can edit it. I tried drawing something simple. I saved it over first Skyline's vinyl as ARGB 256 image. I have imported it without errors but I can't see it in the game. What is the problem?
DMCFX
Stock
Stock

Post by DMCFX »

Nebo wrote:I actually looked at other posts about that subject but I didn't find good answer to my problem.

When I load an dds vinyl into PSP I can edit it. I tried drawing something simple. I saved it over first Skyline's vinyl as ARGB 256 image. I have imported it without errors but I can't see it in the game. What is the problem?
You say you can't see it. What do you see instead? Another vinyl, the orginal?
You understand how each vinyl as two parts to it, and how they worth together?
Nebo
Stock
Stock

Post by Nebo »

Well, I dont really understand how that works, can you explain me please?

And, I see the original vinyl instead of what i drew.
DMCFX
Stock
Stock

Post by DMCFX »

Like boganbusman said I also suggest reading threw the other threads. Thats how I figured out how to edit my vinyl's and decals. From the good poeple here.

Try this thread first.
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic.php?t=1157

GL.
MorfiX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MorfiX »

man i had a similar problem but i didn´t make my own vinyl, i got some, and when i was trying to import in bintex to replace the original i couldn´t select in the game, actually a still have this problem but only when i replace o vinyl that i don´t know, for exemple SKYLINE_CUMTOM36 and SKYLINE_CUMTOM36_MASK will replace the AutoZOne vinyl. And it always works, but you have to click on SKYLINE_CUMTOM36 in bintex THEN you click in Import (Ctrl + I) and find your new new vinyl. I dont know if you undertand me but maybe you can do it now.[/img]
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Did you SAVE it before you exit BinTex? :?
MorfiX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MorfiX »

sure :roll: i really don´t wanna replace ALL my vinyls in AutoZone vinyl. I wanna know how to know about the others. Thanks
MorfiX
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MorfiX »

sorry wrong topic

Return to “Editing”