[NFSPU] Running under WinXP/Win2k

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed.
Be sure to search first!
vvixxxerr
Stock
Stock

Post by vvixxxerr »

Jmac-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jmac- »

bobyx wrote:I've been waiting for someone to post a message like this...

There are a lot of ways to get NFSPU to work in winxp:

- First you'll have to run the game in compatibility mode (Win98)

- If the first doesn't work try deleting the gimme.dll file in the NFSPU root dir.

- There are often problems if you have 256MB RAM or more. To fix this you need to lower your page file size: right-click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced. Then click Change at the bottom. Change the page file size to 192MB. (Added by SuperRacer)

- If the above three don't work, then go to Windows Update, there is supposed to be a patch for NFSPU there. Not sure about that one though.

And be sure to have the latest drivers for your video card.

Let us know if you still have problems.
Wow, I haven't done any of those and mine works perfectly on WinXP :p
drive2droad
Ricer
Ricer

Post by drive2droad »

well i was abt to ask the same but got so many replies though !
Skyfrog
Stock
Stock

Post by Skyfrog »

subzero_sv, I downloaded some of your patches but now I don't know what to do with them. They are .sdb files, do I need some kind of program to open them?

Porsche Unleashed does not seem to be compatible with XP service pack 2. I have never had any real trouble with it until I updated to that. Now all of the drop down menus in the game are blank, and when I try to load a track the game crashes to the desktop. Any ideas?
esix
Ricer
Ricer

Post by esix »

sp2 is not working with some aplications, so .. don't use it 'eh :)
fastcat
Stock
Stock

Post by fastcat »

Mine keeps crashing every two races or so. I've tried just about everything to get it to stabilize. Maybe not updating it would help, but then theres no way to play online. Such a shame, i feel sorry for the people that buy it nowadays. All it would take is for Ea to contract a team for a month per game, i bet their games would work then.
ukmark
Stock
Stock

Working with XP SP2 and New AMD64 CPU

Post by ukmark »

Would like to thank this forum for getting my game working again. Had it running for last 4 years on my PC and running Xp. Changed system with the AMD64 CPU and couldn't get it working even with the update files I had.
Use the link to log into EAGame Updater and its now working.
Thanks again to all !!!

Mark
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

your welcome m8

we are here for every NFS racer... NFS1 to NFS U2
bmorales
Stock
Stock

Post by bmorales »

fastcat Posted: Tue 31 Aug, 2004 12:26 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine keeps crashing every two races or so. I've tried just about everything to get it to stabilize. Maybe not updating it would help, but then theres no way to play online. Such a shame, i feel sorry for the people that buy it nowadays. All it would take is for Ea to contract a team for a month per game, i bet their games would work then.
I get the same trouble! If anyone knows a fix or something, please help!

Thx!
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

Ok, I'm stuck. I've tried almost all of the patches you guys have talked about, and it won't work. Every time I try to do the first race with the 356 A, the game freezes when I'm about halfway thru... And then I see my Skyline again (desktop wallpaper). The Skyline is nice, but I'd prefer to finish that race... I'm using Win XP SP1, 512 MB RAM, 2 GHz CPU, GeForce 4 TI4200... Need help :(

EDIT: Ok, first of all, it was the second race with the 356 A, but the problem is solved. I used the chase view, and it seems like that was the problem. When I changed to the bumper cam, everything is working smooth :D Woohoo (I would like to thank Trond for helping me out with this) :P
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I know it's ol' skool but I've started to play NFS:PU again after two years.. since my pc doesn't allow me to play Underground 2.. :lol:
I've had several problems at first.. with Win XP, but I downloaded the Enhanced Version & now the game runs smoothly... (Thx to whoever made that Enhanced Version.. 8) )

Now my real problem comes in.. it bout my graphics.. the world detail looks ok.. but it's the cockpit view that's not right.. the dashboard looks choppy..

Any solution to my problem..??
I've tried almost everything I know.. :roll:
Attachments
nfs.JPG
my screwed dashboard
(50.2 KiB) Downloaded 21441 times
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Any help please.. ?? :?
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I'm still waiting for a reply/solution to my problem...
Where is help when you need one..?? :(
Rixan
Ricer
Ricer

...display settings?

Post by Rixan »

Here I am!
Try to setup your video card settings:I mean the Display Properties such as the Mipmap filter quality and the Texture quality (right click on desktop-->properties-->and so on...you already know!)
It looks like you have a "performance-like" settings that downsteps those filters...like MipMap(Distant texture quality). Try even to activate the Anisotropic Filtering (2x is enough).
I hope to be your solution! :roll:
Ciao
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thx.. I'll try it when I get home... :wink:
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Well, Rixan.. it's doesn't work..
My dashboard still looks crappy..
Hmm.. wonder what is wrong.. :roll:
onon_onon
Stock
Stock

Post by onon_onon »

hey guys, forget all that "delete gimme.dll", "resize the pagefile" and "chose compatibility mode" stuff. I have found a patch that really works on windows xp sp2.
http://www.ninechime.com/Junk/pu/

I'm using 512MB RAM and 128 MB video card. This patch is a .sdb file (comes with a batch file to install) and emulate the win98 memory management for the NFSPU.
Kirill_V
Stock
Stock

Post by Kirill_V »

Hi, i have NFSPU enchanced version 3.5, all works fine, except factory driver missions, when I try to load any factory driver mission, the game crashes with no error messages, just back to my desktop. The game crashes on loading, on moment when must be a map of track..

Is there any solution :?:
FENIKSS
Stock
Stock

Post by FENIKSS »

Hello everyone! I got that problem with bad looking cockpit, exactly as described xXx in his post Posted: Mon 22 Nov, 2004 8:03 am. Did anyone have suggestions to fix this?
(Please e-mail me)
My system:

Windows 2000 pro SP4
DirectX 9.0c
NFS P-2000 v.3.5

Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
512 Ram
GeForce 4 MX 420 video 64Mb
GUY9000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by GUY9000 »

Bojan wrote:

There are a lot of ways to get NFSPU to work in winxp:

- First you'll have to run the game in compatibility mode (Win98)

- If the first doesn't work try deleting the gimme.dll file in the NFSPU root dir.

- There are often problems if you have 256MB RAM or more. To fix this you need to lower your page file size: right-click on My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Performance Settings, Advanced. Then click Change at the bottom. Change the page file size to 192MB. (Added by SuperRacer)

- If the above three don't work, then go to Windows Update, there is supposed to be a patch for NFSPU there. Not sure about that one though.

And be sure to have the latest drivers for your video card.

Let us know if you still have problems.
those things dont work & i still keep crashing when i first load is there any other ways?
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Use the NFSPU enhanced version... go to the the utils section under NFSPU or just go here.. http://www.edgefiles.com/files/12820.html
:wink:

it worked for me.. :D
json
Stock
Stock

Post by json »

vvixxxerr,
Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed Enhanced Version

Download here
Does it include no-cd patch? :?: :)
ashes
Stock
Stock

Post by ashes »

I can load in the game before I try any fix or patch~but just keep laggy in game....

after try all fix and patch I can find on internet...the problem the same...patch3.5,patch about allocate the memory...

Anyone can help? thank you so much~ :D
William31
Stock
Stock

NFS PU

Post by William31 »

Hello Nfs Fans,

I have a problem ( i think).
I am in the beginning of the golden year.
I buy the 914 car ( there`s only one to buy), and start the race.
Problem is that all the other cars are much faster than me, i cant keep up with them, they are to fast. So, i installed some high speed this part, and high speed that, but still my car is so slow, that i thinking of taking my bike into the game. (same result).
At this point, there is no way i can win the tournament.

Any idea`s?
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

What is a 914 car?

Return to “Help & Support”