[NFS4] Running on WinXP/Win2k

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed.
Be sure to search first!
mr_oh_so_ice
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mr_oh_so_ice »

I created a guide for installing NFS High Stakes on WinXP and Win2000, visit http://www.filefront.com to get a copy. Its in the NFS High Stakes section obviously, and its called "NFS High Stakes Win2000 Patch." It may or may not work for you, I have had 75% success stories, I no longer accept emails about it anymore, since that email account is no longer active, but feel free to post questions on the forum. Its an old guide but it might work still.
James31278
Banned

Post by James31278 »

I installed 4.5 patch and fast graphics by booster. plus the high poly patch for kicks.

For the record, when you install the patches. DO NOT have the internet active at all, I don't know why but the internet connection seems to foul up the instaltion in some little way that bites you in the ass later, dwwin error stream chunk etc.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Re: [NFS4] Running on WinXP/Win2k

Post by Andre_online »

OK, I didn't mean to bring this 2-year old thread back, but I do have a problem.

I've just installed back my High Stakes. However, I installed it on Vista. Everything's working as normal. But one thing I don't understand is that, whenever I tried to change the 3DSetup from Software Renderer to Direct3D Device1, it'll always crash back to the desktop.

Another problem is that I am not able to type the cheat codes. I mean, it used to work whenever you type the code on the main menu, and there'll be like a 'swoosh' sound to indicate that the cheat worked. But when I typed, nothing; no sound or anything.

Is High Stakes just not compatible with Vista or what? If it isn't, it shouldn't be able to even launch in the first place. I presume there's a way to solve this matter. Any help will be appreciated. :)

Here's my PC specs:

- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Intel® Core™2 Duo T7300 1.80GHz
- 2048MB RAM
- Mobile Intel(R) Expresss Chipset Family
Andreaz1
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Andreaz1 »

Weird that many seems to have problems with High Stakes (which is called Road Challenge here for some reason)
I have XP and it works fine for me :?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Hmm... finally an answer after 5 months. :P

I'm using Vista. I didn't have problems when I had it on XP though. Not sure if Vista could be the cause of this.. :?
gnanesh
Stock
Stock

Re: working NFS carbon n pro street

Post by gnanesh »

hi...

i just installed NFS carbon n pro street.....but once i start trying to open the nfs icon i get a message saying that my screen resolution should not be less than 800 x 600.... even after adjusting my screen resolutions i was not succesfull in launching the game....can anyone help me in this regard...

my system is IBM think pad R51 2004 model...

Regards,

Gnanesh
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

the guide is simple..

1. download this (http://www.nfscars.net/file/view/highstakes/9577.aspx)
2.install it..
3.then install your NFSHS..on the same directory of the fies u download
3.run the game .. it will work..

Return to “Help & Support”